Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The attributes of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
God is perfection, God is a morally excellent, perfect being

God is a jealous God

Can I be jealous and be in good standing? Why did God give the jews the commandment to not covet?

ChevyRodeo said:
God is perfection, God is a morally excellent, perfect being

God is a jealous God

Can I be jealous and be in good standing? Why did God give the jews the commandment to not covet?

God is jealous of worship that belongs to Him alone....that's different than the sin of jealousy mentioned in Galatians. When we use the word jealous, we use it in the sense of being envious of someone for something they have or some ability they have that we don't. We're not to want what others have, we're to be content with what God gives us.

Now if someone is jealous of the "attention" his wife is giving to someone else, then he has a little more ground to stand on...IMO.

bigllama said:
Just out of curiosity, where does it say that God is jealous?

Not only is He jealous...His name is Jealous.

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

God is jealous in that He wants you all to Himself. Covetousness is lust for worldly things or for things that belong to someone else. You (we) belong to God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back