Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'& the best foreign-language film is...'

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Here's what the Christian reviews say @ Oscar winner, Sophie Scholl:-

Critics rave about a Christian hero for the ages: Sophie Scholl. Plus, reviews of Failure to Launch, The Shaggy Dog, The Hills Have Eyes, more thoughts on The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, and a response to The Libertine.
by Jeffrey Overstreet | posted 03/16/2006

How many great Christian heroes have you seen at the movies? Thomas More in A Man for All Seasons. Eric Liddell in Chariots of Fire. That passionate Joan of Arc. Sister Helen Prejean in Dead Man Walking. Can you think of others? It's a challenge, because Christian characters are often portrayed as a problem rather than a blessingâ€â€and sometimes, it's easy to see why. Christians are, after all, often as prone to misbehavior as anyone else, and we deserve some of the unflattering portrayals that we've seen.

If the real Sophie Scholl was anything like the character played by actress Julia Jentsch in Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, then she deserves a place alongside history's most revered and celebrated Christian women.

The extensive research performed by director Mark Rothemund and screenwriter Fred Breinersdorfer indicates that she was, indeed, a brilliant, brave soul who stood up against the Nazis with fierce determination, making her challengers look ridiculous. Their film about the 21-year-old truth teller is an inspiring testament to faith, passion, and integrity. Sophie Scholl deserved the nomination it received for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to link blog... :tongue

Ian :-D

wonder if it's rated for me to see.i love films about the nazi war and people overcoming them. i can't watch some of them. i've seen parts of the pianist with adrian brody.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back