Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Biblical ONENESS of God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

theWind

The Bible plainly makes the case that God is ONE individual being/person/identity from Genesis to Revelation.

Christ is that person.

Oneness is intentionally misrepresented constantly by trinitarians as it is a major threat to the integrity of their unbiblical doctrine. Contrary to trinitarians' claim that Oneness is modalism,

Oneness theology affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as simultaneous, not sequential, manifestations of God.​

https://mphbooks.com/oneness-view-jesus-christ/

Some theologians maintain that in modalism God is essentially unknowable because God’s essence is hidden behind three “masks.” The main thrust of Oneness theology is exactly the opposite; we can truly know God’s character, holiness, love, and power in Jesus Christ.

The one true God is not hidden but manifested, for as 2 Cor 4:6 teaches, the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ.

If the True teachings of Oneness were properly explained in every single trinitarian church as a comparison to the trinity teachings, masses of Christians would embrace Oneness overnight. They are not explained, they are never explained, and they are intentionally misrepresented when they are ever referred to because the Truth of Biblical Oneness would find its way to the hearts and minds of those truly seeking God all over the world if they were.

The Bible teaches Oneness from cover to cover.

Nowhere does it teach a trinity.

More on this subject:

More on this subject:

The Oneness View of Jesus Christ​

We can state the Oneness doctrine succinctly in two propositions:
• There is one indivisible God with no distinction of persons in God’s eternal essence.
• Jesus Christ is the manifestation, human personification, incarnation of the one God.

All the fullness of God dwells bodily in Jesus Christ, and all names and titles of deity properly apply to him. God’s manifestations as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit reveal God’s work in salvation history but do not represent different centers of consciousness or personalities.

The scriptural distinction between Father and Son does not describe two divine persons but the transcendent, eternal Deity and the Deity’s manifestation in flesh as the man Christ Jesus (1 Tim 2:5).

There is only one God, known in the Old Testament as Yahweh, and we are to worship, love, and serve Yahweh alone (Deut 6:4–5; Mark 12:28–31). God is a single personal being who thinks, feels, and acts, not an abstract, impersonal substance in which multiple actors can dwell or in which multiple personalities can participate.

God is revealed in three manifestations: (1) as the Father, the source of all existence and life, God in transcendence and in parental relationship to humanity; (2) in the Son, God coming in human identity; and (3) as the Holy Spirit, God in spiritual presence and action.

These roles are necessary to God’s plan of redemption but do not indicate eternally distinct persons, just as the Incarnation does not indicate that God had eternally preexistent flesh. The Bible never speaks of God as a “trinity” or “three persons.”

Jesus Christ is the one God, the Father, incarnate. “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form” (Col 2:9 NIV). “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19 KJV).

Christ is “the image of the invisible God” (Col 1:15 KJV) and “the exact imprint of God’s very being” (hypostasis) (Heb 1:3 NRSV). Jesus is the Word, meaning God in self-revelation (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is the Lord and the God of all (John 20:28). He is not the incarnation of a “portion” of God but of all the identity, character, and personality of the one God.

As to his eternal deity, there is no subordination of Jesus to anyone else. The Father dwells in Jesus so that Jesus is the visible manifestation of the invisible Father (John 14:9–11). This identity is eternal; in heaven we will see the one God in the person of Jesus Christ (Rev 22:3–4).

Jesus is the Son of God. This title means he is a true human being who bears God’s full likeness, or God manifested in the flesh. The term “Son” relates to Christ’s human identity (e.g., “the Son died”) and encompasses the union of deity and humanity in Christ (e.g., “the Son has power to forgive sin”) but is not used apart from God’s incarnation.

The phrases “God the Son” and “eternal Son” are not biblical. The role of the Son began when Jesus was conceived miraculously in a virgin’s womb by God’s Spirit, so that God was his Father (Luke 1:35). When Jesus walked on earth as God incarnate, God’s Spirit continued to be omnipresent.

As the glorified Messiah, Jesus is now “on the right hand of God” – in the position of divine glory, exercising the power and authority of the invisible, omnipresent Spirit.

Jesus Christ is completely and genuinely human – in body, soul, spirit, and will. Christ’s humanity means that everything we can say of ourselves, we can say of Jesus in his earthly life, except Jesus had no sin. In every way that we relate to God, Jesus related to God, except he did not need salvation.

When Jesus prayed, submitted to the Father, and spoke about and to God, he simply acted in accordance with his authentic humanity. At the same time, God was incarnate in him. Deity and humanity were inseparably joined in Jesus. While there was a distinction between the divine will and his human will, he always submitted the latter to the former.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit that was in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit does not come as another person but comes in another form and another relationship; the Holy Spirit is Jesus coming to dwell in human lives (John 14:16–18). By his Spirit, Jesus fulfills his promise to meet with those who gather in his name (Matt 18:20).

As the manifestation of Yahweh, Jesus is the only Savior (Isa. 45:21–23). His name means “Yahweh-Savior,” and Jesus Christ is the only one who literally personifies this meaning. Jesus is the only name (singular) given for our salvation (Acts 4:12), encompassing God’s redemptive work as Father, Son, and Spirit (Matt 28:19). It has become the name above all names (Phil 2:9–11).

Oneness theology bears some affinity to ancient modalism, but historically there is no link. We cannot be certain of theological links as we do not know the modalists’ full views. Both movements speak of one God in threefold manifestation while protecting the numerical oneness of God and the full deity of Christ. Unlike some descriptions of ancient modalism, however,

Oneness theology affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as simultaneous, not sequential, manifestations of God. Some theologians maintain that in modalism God is essentially unknowable because God’s essence is hidden behind three “masks.” The main thrust of Oneness theology is exactly the opposite; we can truly know God’s character, holiness, love, and power in Jesus Christ.

The one true God is not hidden but manifested, for as 2 Cor 4:6 teaches, the glory of God is revealed in the face of Jesus Christ.

Oneness is taught all throughout the Bible while a trinity of persons within God is taught nowhere.

It fascinates me to watch Oneness vs trinity debates where the trinity proponents list verse after verse that they claim refer to a doctrine that they haven't even isolated in the Scriptures anywhere. No debate official ever asks them to show the teaching in the Bible and they just completely gloss over that ultra-important step.

We see literally countless verses that claim God is one, but nary a single verse in the Bible declares God to be three. Yet trinity proponents all over the world, and throughout history, declare this verse, and that verse and that verse, to describe God in a three-person nature that is taught nowhere in all of the Bible.

It is sad to see the majority of Christendom so brainwashed to accept a concept they were never given a choice in contemplating on their own at all. None are ever taught the true concept of Oneness and all abide without question into the unbiblical doctrine of the trinity.

He is All of Them
The Great I AM , Baby Child of Flesh, Eternal Father, Son of the Living God, Almighty God, Prince of Peace

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Bible plainly makes the case that God is ONE individual being/person/identity from Genesis to Revelation.

Christ is that person.

Oneness is intentionally misrepresented constantly by trinitarians as it is a major threat to the integrity of their unbiblical doctrine. Contrary to trinitarians' claim that Oneness is modalism,

Oneness theology affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as simultaneous, not sequential, manifestations of God.​

Some theologians maintain that in modalism God is essentially unknowable because God’s essence is hidden behind three “masks.” The main thrust of Oneness theology is exactly the opposite; we can truly know God’s character, holiness, love, and power in Jesus Christ.

If the True teachings of Oneness were properly explained in every single trinitarian church as a comparison to the trinity teachings, masses of Christians would embrace Oneness overnight. They are not explained, they are never explained, and they are intentionally misrepresented when they are ever referred to because the Truth of Biblical Oneness would find its way to the hearts and minds of those truly seeking God all over the world if they were.

The Bible teaches Oneness from cover to cover.

Nowhere does it teach a trinity.

I'm sticking with the one God who exists in three distinct persons.

How is Christ sitting at the right hand of God the Father until His (Christ) enemies are made His footstool, as the Scripture says, if He is the only One in distinction?

Of course you can spiritualize it figuratively and say it's not literal, but you can in no way verify that!

It is my belief that the 3 in 1 is a relationship that can't be understood by the mortal mind. If He explained it we in no way could conceive it. So He will wait until the Resurrection when we will understand it.

We really didn't need another thread on the Trinity as there are already two going.

Oneness is taught all throughout the Bible while a trinity of persons within God is taught nowhere.
And, yet, you have not, and indeed cannot, provide a single verse that teaches that God is an absolute unity. I've put forward the evidence for that on more than one occasion and you have yet to address it. It's like I said nothing at all.

It fascinates me to watch Oneness vs trinity debates where the trinity proponents list verse after verse that they claim refer to a doctrine that they haven't even isolated in the Scriptures anywhere. No debate official ever asks them to show the teaching in the Bible and they just completely gloss over that ultra-important step.
This is like an atheist who says, "Just point out where God is, and when I see him I'll believe." The case for Christianity is about looking at all the evidence, in the Bible and in nature, and then arguing to the best conclusion. Such is the case for the Trinity. That there may not be a single verse that clearly delineates the doctrine, doesn't mean it isn't taught. It is there, in numerous pieces of evidence that all need to be taken into account, from which one then forms a conclusion which best fits the evidence.

We see literally countless verses that claim God is one, but nary a single verse in the Bible declares God to be three.
But, remember, there is not a single verse that supports God being an absolute unity. All the ones you have given support monotheism only, which the doctrine of the Trinity affirms. There are verses which support a plurality within the one God.

Yet trinity proponents all over the world, and throughout history, declare this verse, and that verse and that verse, to describe God in a three-person nature that is taught nowhere in all of the Bible.
This is begging the question.

It is sad to see the majority of Christendom so brainwashed
This is a violation of the ToS. Any further and this thread will be locked. Besides, such arguments are pointless since anyone with any position on the issue can make that claim about everyone else. It gets us nowhere.

to accept a concept they were never given a choice in contemplating on their own at all. None are ever taught the true concept of Oneness and all abide without question into the unbiblical doctrine of the trinity.
This also begs the question, as though only those who believe in Oneness have contemplated the matter. It's really spiritual pride to make such a claim. Ironically, it's also the same argument that atheists use, believing that since they don't believe in religion, they are the only ones who are able to think for themselves, and religious people only believe because that's what they were raised to believe. Of course, that is a fallacious argument, whether for Oneness or atheism.

I'm sticking with the one God who exists in three distinct persons.

How is Christ sitting at the right hand of God the Father until His (Christ) enemies are made His footstool, as the Scripture says, if He is the only One in distinction?

Of course you can spiritualize it figuratively and say it's not literal, but you can in no way verify that!

It is my belief that the 3 in 1 is a relationship that can't be understood by the mortal mind. If He explained it we in no way could conceive it. So He will wait until the Resurrection when we will understand it.
How many thrones are there?

And, yet, you have not, and indeed cannot, provide a single verse that teaches that God is an absolute unity. I've put forward the evidence for that on more than one occasion and you have yet to address it. It's like I said nothing at all.
But, remember, there is not a single verse that supports God being an absolute unity. All the ones you have given support monotheism only, which the doctrine of the Trinity affirms. There are verses which support a plurality within the one God.
You keep using that word, absolute unity.

Do you realize what it means?

u·ni·ty
noun
the state of being united or joined as a whole.

I don't have any position of God being a "unity". That's a trinitarian concept.

God is a single individual. There's nothing to unite or join together.

Proving that God is .... that ... falls into your purview, not mine.

LOL, so there's only one throne?!

I've been discussing this for many years myself.

LOL.

If you remember, the throne of Christ is the literal throne of David, yet to come.

So what Christ is sitting on now we don't know, but He is sitting next to God the Father.

If you remember, the throne of Christ is the literal throne of David, yet to come.

So what Christ is sitting on now we don't know, but He is sitting next to God the Father.
There's only one throne.

How many Lords return in vengeance in Revelation on a white horse?

How many King of Kings and Lord of Lords are there?

There's only one throne.

How many Lords return in vengeance in Revelation on a white horse?

How many King of Kings and Lord of Lords are there?

You can argue and reason this all day long, but you can't prove that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one person! So why waste your time?

You can argue and reason this all day long, but you can't prove that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are one person! So why waste your time?
Because I speak Truth as I am blessed to. Just like Jeremiah said it's like a fire in his bones. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

God's Oneness is the Truth.

When all the world is full of deception, speaking the Truth is like breathing fresh air, or drinking clean water, in a polluted environment.

It's as clear as day when you see all that the OT has to say about God being every single thing that Christ is and then you see the entire book of John, beginning with 1:1, that Jesus is God Almighty. It just is what it is.

The Truth is a Witness to you and to all who don't, or won't, recognize it. No, there's no way to prove it to anybody, but it's there .... for all to see.

Because I speak Truth as I am blessed to. Just like Jeremiah said it's like a fire in his bones. He didn't have a choice in the matter.

God's Oneness is the Truth.

When all the world is full of deception, speaking the Truth is like breathing fresh air, or drinking clean water, in a polluted environment.

It's as clear as day when you see all that the OT has to say about God being every single thing that Christ is and then you see the entire book of John, beginning with 1:1, that Jesus is God Almighty. It just is what it is.

The Truth is a Witness to you and to all who don't, or won't, recognize it. No, there's no way to prove it to anybody, but it's there .... for all to see.

One God in 3 persons is plain for everyone to see also! It's a waste of time to argue over it.

At the appointed time there will be no doubt, we will all know!

You keep using that word, absolute unity.

Do you realize what it means?
Obviously, that's why I use it.

u·ni·ty
noun
the state of being united or joined as a whole.

I don't have any position of God being a "unity".

God is a single individual. There's nothing to unite or join together.

Proving that God is .... that ... falls into your purview, not mine.
I have clearly and consistently stated that "absolute unity" refers to the idea that God is only one person. But that concept is never used of God in the Bible. There is not one verse that unequivocally supports the idea that "God is a single individual." Many verses state that he is the only true God, such as all those you've given before, but those are statements of monotheism only.

I have also been clearly and consistently stating that the Bible leaves open the idea that God is a "compound unity," which is plurality within the one. I believe I even gave an example of this--"one nation under God"--where the "one nation" consists of many people. Hence, the people are "united or joined as a whole" nation. Or, consider that "they shall become one flesh" (Gen 2:24)--a compound unity. Again, in some spiritual sense, the man and woman become "united or joined as a whole."

So, verses like Deut 6:4 neither confirm nor deny that God is a compound unity but they do leave the door open for that to be the case. What it absolutely does not leave the door open for is that God is a single individual, an absolute unity; that option is not available. That is all based on the Hebrew, as I have given previously.

There is not one verse that unequivocally supports the idea that "God is a single individual."
There is not one verse "that you will ever agree" supports that.

I've listed many.

If there was not a single verse that supports that, I wouldn't be of that belief.

There are so many that it's hard for me to understand how anyone could see it differently.

There is not one verse "that you will ever agree" supports that.

I've listed many.

If there was not a single verse that supports that, I wouldn't be of that belief.

There are so many that it's hard for me to understand how anyone could see it differently.
But there isn’t one. I’ve given the evidence, from the Hebrew, that proves this to be the case, and has nothing to do with whether or not I agree. I don’t agree because biblically your claim is not accurate.

With all due respect, you aren’t as well studied in Oneness theology as you think, even if it’s only this one problem. If you do the actual study, you will find that what I have said is true.

Back