Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] The Brain

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

reznwerks

Evidence That Human Brain Evolution Was A Special Event

"Genes that control the size and complexity of the brain have undergone much more rapid evolution in humans than in non-human primates or other mammals, according to a new study by Howard Hughes Medical Institute researchers."........

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 165229.htm

...or it was the human brain was created as it is. God created man on the sixth day, with the brain the way it is today.

evidence

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
...or it was the human brain was created as it is. God created man on the sixth day, with the brain the way it is today.
If you would like to put together evidence for your hypothesis I'm sure they will look at it. Perhaps it might get published.

My evidence has been published by several different companies.

GE 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God's Word says it, God doesn't lie, I believe it.

reputable

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

GE 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I meant in scientific publications. You know those publications that are open to scrutiny and proof. Publications where you are asked to prove things that you believe.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

Brutus, let me explain why this is a weak argument, in my opinion.

Using the bible as proof for the bible's claims is irrational without proof.

If I told you my dog can speak English, I'm sure you would want proof. If I told you he can speak English because he told me he can, you would not call that proof.

You would want to see it for yourself. Make sure it's not some sort of trick or electronic device, or that I'm outright lying or insane.

Saying my dog speaks english because he told me he could is circular proof and invalid.

I know you believe the bible for many reasons. I have no problem with that aspect of your faith.

What troubles me is that you also base your faith in the bible because the bible tells you to. This is untenable as proof or evidence.

After all, what good would a religious tome be if it didn't say it was true and valid? This seems Religious Writing 101 to me. It shouldn't be used to prove the bible true. If it was, it would be the same as my dog argument.

If you look at my signature, it is from a religious book (fictional though it may be). Obviously the author didn't take Religious Writing 101, but at least it acknoledges that faith must come from something other than the writing itself.

TM-

I have no problem with your logic or "needing proof" to believe......but, this thinking is why hell will be full. :wink:

Pale^Rider** said:
TM-

I have no problem with your logic or "needing proof" to believe......but, this thinking is why hell will be full. :wink:

So...because people observe the world around them and come up with hypothesis' contrary to what primitives wrote in the bible thousands of years ago, and go by what they observe test and repeat....hell will be full???

I just love the Man Jesus....he's soooo awesome, killing all those people.

I have no problem with your logic or "needing proof" to believe......but, this thinking is why hell will be full.

Ahhh...it all makes sense now...God hates people with brains!

ThinkerMan said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:

Brutus, let me explain why this is a weak argument, in my opinion.

Using the bible as proof for the bible's claims is irrational without proof.

If I told you my dog can speak English, I'm sure you would want proof. If I told you he can speak English because he told me he can, you would not call that proof.

You would want to see it for yourself. Make sure it's not some sort of trick or electronic device, or that I'm outright lying or insane.

Saying my dog speaks english because he told me he could is circular proof and invalid.

I know you believe the bible for many reasons. I have no problem with that aspect of your faith.

What troubles me is that you also base your faith in the bible because the bible tells you to. This is untenable as proof or evidence.

After all, what good would a religious tome be if it didn't say it was true and valid? This seems Religious Writing 101 to me. It shouldn't be used to prove the bible true. If it was, it would be the same as my dog argument.

If you look at my signature, it is from a religious book (fictional though it may be). Obviously the author didn't take Religious Writing 101, but at least it acknoledges that faith must come from something other than the writing itself.

I will openly tell you now that I'm not always going to discuss from an evolutionary skeptic's perspective. I don't know enough to come at each topic with the same force. The events in my life have given me all the evidence I need to accept God's reality. I believe that He's shown His existence to many in disbelief as well, but because of the thirst for understanding, such events are passed on as Coincidence.

In addition, God's book does have proof we can all see, Humans and the rest of creation. You accept evolution even though much of it is still speculation. I, similarly, accept the scriptures even though I can no more prove God with tangible evidence than we can prove the existence of Big foot.

Thinkerman, you know that if I were looking to give a strong arguement, I'd give one. The main reason I'm not going to go into great detail in arguing why the Evolution of the Brain must have been a special is because we're going to be choppin at the same tree when we disscuss the eye in burts thread.

Asimov said:
Pale^Rider** said:
TM-

So...because people observe the world around them and come up with hypothesis' contrary to what primitives wrote in the bible thousands of years ago, and go by what they observe test and repeat....hell will be full???

YES!! well put....but add this, "....and still refuse the Creator with all that has been proven?" Then the answer would be a resounding, YES!!

YES!! well put....but add this, "....and still refuse the Creator with all that has been proven?" Then the answer would be a resounding, YES!!

What has been proven that would make me believe there is a creator?

Pale^Rider** said:
Asimov said:
[quote="Pale^Rider**":1273f]TM-

YES!! well put....but add this, "....and still refuse the Creator with all that has been proven?" Then the answer would be a resounding, YES!![/quote:1273f]

Hahaha...all that has been proven, pale rider?? You seem to not properly understand what proven means.

The Bible is proof enough for me.....what do you believe in? evolution? The big bang? none of which has ever been "proven" and completely full of holes......

The Bible is the only reliable source, in my opinion.

Hahaha...all that has been proven, pale rider?? You seem to not properly understand what proven means.

Do you always laugh alone?.....scary, man, really scary

Pale^Rider** said:
The Bible is proof enough for me.....what do you believe in? evolution? The big bang? none of which has ever been "proven" and completely full of holes......

The Bible is the only reliable source, in my opinion.

Do you always laugh alone?.....scary, man, really scary

pale, I don't believe in evolution, or the big bang. They aren't beliefs, they are scientific theories.

I'm not advocating the absolute truth of the big bang, or evolution either, as I 'm aware that they aren't absolute truth.

The Big Bang and Evolution are theories that arise from scientific EVIDENCE. Nobody claimed that they were facts. However, in my opinion they are much more valid than the Bible. Whenever theres as much evidence that the Bible is truth, then it would be a valid argument. Basing an argument by what's written in a book, and not supported by any evidence whatsoever, is completely foolish.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to believe the Bible is the word of God, I'm saying using it as evidence to try to prove that your beliefs are true just doesn't work.

Actually, we've had several cases where we have shown that the Bible is supported by Archiology. Of Course, your welcome to remain skeptical, it's you wager.

One's the legal lineage, the other's a more peronal lineage. What are you getting at and what does that have to do with evolution?

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
One's the legal lineage, the other's a more peronal lineage. What are you getting at and what does that have to do with evolution?

Haha...what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back