Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Collapse Of The Theory Of Evolution...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've just read the opening paragraphs and the 1st question. Amazing. I think in just a few hundred words, the author/s have many more lies, distortions and pure fallacy than any other document I've ever seen. That's something they should be very proud of. :lol:

For example, the second sentance says:

It proposes the lie that they came into this world as the result of chance and that they are a "species of animal.
[/quote]

Evolution says no such thing and who would be crazy enough to claim that humans aren't a species of animal.

I could go on and on through the entire article, but I'd probably be here for the next month refuting all the silly claims.

I didn't know you were a Muslim, John. Let's see what your Islamic guy has to show for us...

1. WHY IS THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION NOT SCIENTIFICALLY VALID?

Bad assumption. A valid scientific theory is a testable hypothesis that makes predictions that have been verified. For example, the predictions of feathered dinosaurs, whales with functional legs, intermediates between reptiles and mammals, and a host of other such predictions have made it a valid theory.

2. HOW DOES THE COLLAPSE OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION DEMONSTRATE THE TRUTH OF CREATION?

It wouldn't. In fact, if evolutionary theory collapsed, it would bring much of Christian theology into serious doubt. Maybe not your Muslim theology.

3. HOW FAR BACK DO TRACES OF MAN GO?

Depends on what you want to define as "man." Normally, that would be any species of the genus Homo. In that case, a few millions years. It's a good example of evolution because (for example) we have a very good series of intermediates between archaic H. erectus and modern H. sapiens.

4. WHY IS THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION NOT THE "BASIS OF BIOLOGY"?

It is the basis for biology. As Theodosius Dobzhanski pointed out, nothing makes sense in biology, except in light of evolution. Of course, Dobzhanski was a devout Christian. And you're a Muslim.

5. WHY IS THE EXISTENCE OF DIFFERENT RACES NOT EVIDENCE FOR EVOLUTION?

There are no biological human races. This is a common creationist misconception. And it testifies to the wide-ranging behavior of humans, and to a bottleneck a few hundred thousand years ago.

6. WHY IS THE CLAIM THAT HUMAN AND APE GENOMES ARE 99 PERCENT SIMILAR AND THAT THIS CONFIRMS EVOLUTION NOT TRUE?

Depends on what you are comparing. Could be as high as 98, and as low as 95. In fact, humans and chimps have a very, very close relationship genetically.

7. WHY IS THE CLAIM THAT DINOSAURS EVOLVED INTO BIRDS AN UNSCIENTIFIC MYTH?

The evidence for this is voluminous, with a long series of transitionals between dinosaurs and reptiles.

9. WHAT SCIENTIFIC FORGERY IS THE MYTH THAT "HUMAN EMBRYOS HAVE GILLS" BASED ON?

It's based on a misconception about what scientists think. Humans and fish (and all other vertebrates) have branchial arches that in fish form gills. Some of them form jaws in fish and in other vertebrates and some form the ears of land animals. No scientist thinks humans have gills at some time. It's just that the genes that form the structures that become gills are present in humans, and are used for other purposes.

9. WHY IS IT DECEPTIVE TO PORTRAY CLONING AS "EVIDENCE FOR EVOLUTION"?

Didn't know anyone did. Sounds kinda strawmannish to me.

(two "9"s; this guy is definitely a creationist)

10. COULD LIFE HAVE COME FROM OUTER SPACE?

Maybe. How life got here is not part of evolutionary theory.

11. WHY DOES THE FACT THAT THE EARTH IS FOUR BILLION YEARS OLD NOT SUPPORT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION?

You got it backwards. The theory of evolution supported the fact that the Earth is four billion years old. Darwin told Lord Kelvin that something was wrong with his estimate of a few million, because that would have not been enough time for evolution. Turns out Darwin was right, as Kelvin later admitted.

12. WHY ARE WISDOM TEETH NOT EVIDENCE OF EVOLUTION?

Actually, they indicate we evolved from animals with much larger jaws. Later on, scientists found this prediction to be true.

13. HOW DO THE COMPLEX STRUCTURES OF THE MOST ANCIENT CREATURES DEMOLISH THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION?

The most ancient creatures have no complex structures. They re simple one-celled organisms.

14. WHY IS DENYING THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION PORTRAYED AS REJECTING DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESS?

Denying science has always been an obstacle to progress.

15. WHY IS IT MISTAKEN TO THINK THAT GOD COULD HAVE CREATED LIVING THINGS BY EVOLUTION?

It's a fact. That's how He did it. If you're unhappy with that, take it up with Management.

16. WHY IS IT WRONG TO THINK THAT EVOLUTION COULD BE CONFIRMED IN THE FUTURE?

It's confirmed now. The first known macroevolutionary event, for example, was observed in 1904.

17. WHY IS METAMORPHOSIS NOT EVIDENCE OF EVOLUTION?

In insects and other arthropods, it can help trace the phylogeny of different classes of arthropods. Would you like to learn about it?

18. WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCOUNT FOR DNA BY "CHANCE"?

Darwin's great discovery was that it wasn't by chance.

19. WHY IS IT THAT BACTERIAL RESISTANCE TO ANTIBIOTICS IS NOT AN EXAMPLE OF EVOLUTION?

Evolution is a change in allele frequency of a population over time. So it's a perfect example of evolution.

20. WHAT KIND OF RELATIONSHIP IS THERE BETWEEN CREATION AND SCIENCE?

Evolution is God's creation.

I didn't know you were a Muslim, John. Let's see what your Islamic guy has to show for us...

Ha ha...what? :o

Where do you draw your conclusions man? What are you smoking?

just to show you what nature thinks of evolution... but I bet you evolutionist will say proof that we all came form the same cell 8-)

johnmuise said:

Ha ha...what? :o

Where do you draw your conclusions man? What are you smoking?

What are you smoking? You've shot yourself in the foot as you obviously must have it wrong and now have to start praying to Allah.

Adnan Oktar held conversations with these young people on love of country; the importance of following in the great leader Ataturk's path; the proofs of creation; the exemplary moral values of our Prophet (saas); the provisions and moral values revealed in the Qur'an by our Lord; and the invalidity of the then-prevailing ideologies of materialism, atheism and Darwinism. From this time onward, Adnan Oktar was a vehicle by which many people came to believe.

Sure is taking an awfully long time for evolutionary theory to collapse. :-?

Sure it - just maybe, get this - it's not collapsing?

LOL, even with all the evidence pointing to me being a christian, just because a Muslim guy writes this that makes me Muslim. This is just another example of the never ending imagination that the evolutionists have. :lol: :lol:

johnmuise said:
LOL, even with all the evidence pointing to me being a christian, just because a Muslim guy writes this that makes me Muslim. This is just another example of the never ending imagination that the evolutionists have. :lol: :lol:

We know you're not a Muslim, but you did post a link to a guy trying to prove the Qu'ran is the word of God and that Muhammad is the last and greatest prophet.

It's a common phenomenon. Creationism is more important to creationists than being Christian or Muslim. Hence creationists who are nominally Christian will side with creationist Muslims against the majority of Christians who accept evolution.

The Barbarian said:
It's a common phenomenon. Creationism is more important to creationists than being Christian or Muslim. Hence creationists who are nominally Christian will side with creationist Muslims against the majority of Christians who accept evolution.

Not even and I mean EEEEEVVVVVEEEENNNN close,, ya, you try and just group us as a bunch of loonies. but sorry... My first and foremost devotion is to Jesus Christ, my savior.. who saved my sorry butt form hell and eternally damnation.... and yes I think creation is very important... after all I didn't come from a ape..... even though some of my family may look like it..... :-D

:biggrin was your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa a monkey? :lol:

johnmuise said:
:biggrin was your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa a monkey? :lol:

no but my second cousin could be, she has a mustache :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

So now our resident Creationists are presented with actual facts refuting those points, they resort to very infantile humour. I guess that really proves they have been backed into a corner.

It's an old habit with creationists:

"Seeking to score a point against Darwin's disciples, the Bishop of Oxford unwisely baited Thomas Henry Huxley by enquiring whether he would prefer to think of himself descended from an ape on his grandfather's or grandmother's side. According to legend he quickly had his comeuppance. Huxley whispered to a neighbour: "The Lord hath delivered him into mine hands". And replying to the provocation he said that he would rather have an ape for an ancestor than a bishop - or words to that effect. It was rumoured that Huxley said he would rather be an ape than a bishop; but Huxley denied ever saying such a thing. What he had said was bruising enough. He was not ashamed of a simian ancestry but "he would be ashamed to be connected with a man who used great gifts to obscure the truth."
http://www.st-edmunds.cam.ac.uk/cis/bro ... ture1.html

That wouldn't exactly fit this case, of course...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back