Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Dead Will Hear the Voice of the Son of God - John 5:25

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, Jesus says several times:
Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT BY GOD.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

Let's put these together.
No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws them.
No one comes to Jesus unless it has been granted by the Father
Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Jesus
The "drawing" and "being granted" is equivalent to hearing and learning from the Father.
Only those who hear and learn from the Father come to Jesus.
The good and necessary inference from the above is that not everybody has been given to Jesus by the Father. (All that the Father gives Me will come to Me)
Therefore, those Jews Jesus was talking too were not given to Jesus by the Father. They were not His sheep.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me
John 6:39
This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Again, the Father has given certain people to Jesus as sheep.
All the Father gives to Jesus will come to Him.
It is the Father's will that Jesus lose none of them.
Therefore, Jesus does not loose any sheep.
Then what all about all the lost? Logical answer - they were not Jesus sheep
Joh_10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.

But people will still stick their "whosoevers" and "whoevers."

Anyone can take certain passages from Scripture, to try to "prove" their THEORIES

As I have said before, and say again, John 3:16-18 DESTROYS the FALSE teachings of the TULI in TULIP!

Even John Calvin, who is supposed to be "Calvinism", says that this passage means

EVERYONE WITHOUT EXCEPTION

His comments on the use of MANY by Jesus in John 14:24, which is part of the Lord's Supper, is clear that Jesus Christ also Died for Judas! This is very clear in Luke's account, which is also admitted to by two very hardline "Reformed" theologians, Matthew Henry and John Gill!

His comments on the use of MANY by Jesus in John 14:24, which is part of the Lord's Supper, is clear that Jesus Christ also Died for Judas! This is very clear in Luke's account, which is also admitted to by two very hardline "Reformed" theologians, Matthew Henry and John Gill!
Well, here is John 14:24
Joh 14:24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

The word many does not even appear there. You must have meant:
Mar 14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Many isn't ALL. So now you are going to use the comments of men to prove your point.

Again, just the words of Jesus without comments from men:
John 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
John 10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.

Jesus only shed His blood for the sheep. That's what "laying down His life means."
If many people are goats, then Jesus did not "lay down His life" or "shed His blood" for them.

A billion or so redeemed sheep is very many.

It is to THESE that He says that they CAN HEAR the Voice of the Son of God.
Again, show me where the words "can hear" are in those passages. You are imagining them because of your free will theory. There is one place where it says all will hear His voice:

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Notice that some of those "who hear His voice" will rise to be condemned. He is talking about the second coming and judgment day, not now before then.

Well, here is John 14:24
Joh 14:24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.

The word many does not even appear there. You must have meant:
Mar 14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Many isn't ALL. So now you are going to use the comments of men to prove your point.

Again, just the words of Jesus without comments from men:
John 10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
John 10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.

Jesus only shed His blood for the sheep. That's what "laying down His life means."
If many people are goats, then Jesus did not "lay down His life" or "shed His blood" for them.

A billion or so redeemed sheep is very many.

Rea
Again, show me where the words "can hear" are in those passages. You are imagining them because of your free will theory. There is one place where it says all will hear His voice:

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

Notice that some of those "who hear His voice" will rise to be condemned. He is talking about the second coming and judgment day, not now before then.

Yes, Jesus says several times:
Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT BY GOD.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

Let's put these together.
No one comes to Jesus unless the Father draws them.
No one comes to Jesus unless it has been granted by the Father
Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Jesus
The "drawing" and "being granted" is equivalent to hearing and learning from the Father.
Only those who hear and learn from the Father come to Jesus.
The good and necessary inference from the above is that not everybody has been given to Jesus by the Father. (All that the Father gives Me will come to Me)
Therefore, those Jews Jesus was talking too were not given to Jesus by the Father. They were not His sheep.

John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me
John 6:39
This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.

Again, the Father has given certain people to Jesus as sheep.
All the Father gives to Jesus will come to Him.
It is the Father's will that Jesus lose none of them.
Therefore, Jesus does not loose any sheep.
Then what all about all the lost? Logical answer - they were not Jesus sheep
Joh_10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.

But people will still stick their "whosoevers" and "whoevers."
So why dont you speak these words when witnessing the Gospel of Jesus Christ ? If someone asks you who Jesus died for, what would you tell them ?

So why dont you speak these words when witnessing the Gospel of Jesus Christ ? If someone asks you who Jesus died for, what would you tell them ?
In all my 40 some years as a Christian, nobody has ever asked me that except anti-Calvinists on online forums.
Again, I will use Jesus' words.

Joh_10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Joh_10:26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep. . . .
Joh 17:6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. . . . .
Joh 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me. . . .
Mat_25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate . . .his sheep from the goats.

In all my 40 some years as a Christian, nobody has ever asked me that except anti-Calvinists on online forums.

Joh_10:15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
Joh 17:6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. . . . .
Joh 17:9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me. . . .
Mat_25:32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate . . .his sheep from the goats.

You have much to learn!

Then it appears from these scriptures, you should tell people when you have opportunity to witness, that Christs death is for a elect people, His Sheep specifically. Not the whole world Jn 17:9

Rea

No He didnt shed His Blood for Judas, he wasnt clean Jesus said Jn 13:10-11

Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean

Those for whom Christ died are clean !

Back