Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Derailing thread. Part 3

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We all going. Yay. She said she wants to spend time with her uncle so her mother allowed her to come with us.

What happened to your friend is tragic. Glad he had you for a friend. Perhaps he will remember he doesn't work any more.
I admire the way you care for people less fortunate Dan.
Great news that your niece is allowed to go with you.
So when is the day out?

What happened to your friend is tragic. Glad he had you for a friend. Perhaps he will remember he doesn't work any more.
I admire the way you care for people less fortunate Dan.
Great news that your niece is allowed to go with you.
So when is the day out?
We had our day out and it was good.

Its been years with no improvement so im not sure he will get better. Something went wrong in his brain surgery but he signed the papers.

Now one morning hes wakes up and is going to work for some company he worked for many years ago and a hour later hes retired.

I try tell him we going out and he says no he has to go work.

He was still suppose to be in hospital after surgery and he escaped, so we went out trying to find him and seen him walking down some road in his hospital gown eating donuts he got from somewhere who knows. But thats my buddy. Lol.

Last edited:
We had our day out and it was good.

Its been years with no improvement so im not sure he will get better. Something went wrong in his brain surgery but he signed the papers.

Now one morning hes wakes up and is going to work for some company he worked for many years ago and a hour later hes retired.

I try tell him we going out and he says no he has to go work.

He was still suppose to be in hospital after surgery and he escaped, so we went out trying to find him and seen him walking down some road in his hospital gown eating donuts he got from somewhere who knows. But thats my buddy. Lol.
My heart goes out to him Dan. It's such a cruel world. He is well blessed with you as his friend.

I met a young and her dog a couple of weeks ago. Shr will not have the dog much longer. She is training her to be living with people suffering with PTSD. I didn't know they trained dogs for that. Someone is going to get a fabulous friend. She is very friendly and loves to be petted. She is a Norwegian breed and looks similar to an alsatian but not as tall.
Do they do that in your country?

I met a young and her dog a couple of weeks ago. Shr will not have the dog much longer. She is training her to be living with people suffering with PTSD. I didn't know they trained dogs for that. Someone is going to get a fabulous friend. She is very friendly and loves to be petted. She is a Norwegian breed and looks similar to an alsatian but not as tall.
Do they do that in your country?
Yeah, service dogs can be trained to help with mental health issues. I know of people who have a service dog for issues like autism or agoraphobia. Autism comes with sensory difficulties, so being in crowds can feel overwhelming--the dog can be trained to keep distance between it's handler and the crowd by doing certain tasks. Same for agoraphobia, which is when someone is deathly afraid of being out in the open.

Yeah, service dogs can be trained to help with mental health issues. I know of people who have a service dog for issues like autism or agoraphobia. Autism comes with sensory difficulties, so being in crowds can feel overwhelming--the dog can be trained to keep distance between it's handler and the crowd by doing certain tasks. Same for agoraphobia, which is when someone is deathly afraid of being out in the open.
I knew about dogs traimg yo help people with autism but didn't know they could help with agoraphobia. These animals are amazing.

Back