Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Easy Way or The Hard Way

Shema

CF Ambassador
An Emoji devotions for Wed, December 9th, 2020

Topic: The Easy Way or the Hard way

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14

There are two ways in life. The braodway with wide gate and the narrow way with narrow gate. One leads to life and the other leads to destruction.

In the Broadway there are no principles, no discipline and many freedoms to give up. While in the narrow way there are principles, discipline and no freedom to give up.

It's very simple, people love to live simply and today there are diseases and challenges because people will not discipline themselves with principles to healthy living. Some make rash choices and decisions based on impulses but not on moral principles these are the people walking the path of the Broadway. Many mental illness, social menaces, juvenile delinquencies, rape, drug and alcohol abuses due to freedom to the Broadway. The Bible says they all lead to destruction.

Only few can walk the narrow way. It is filled with discipline, a never-give-up spirit, a high moral standard of others-may-but-I-will-not because I-am-a-child-of-God attitudes. The narrow way walkers have love and forbearance and high perseverance to withstand life challenges. Only few ply the narrow way.

So if you are there and you are finding it difficult to move on in life, or you are about to give up to life challenges then you are walking the Broadway if you do.

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. Daniel 1:8

Today is a day of consciousness. Get ready to move through the narrow way that leads to eternal life.

Prayer: God please add eternal values to my life in Jesus name.

I know somebody who struggles with mental health issues. Their spirit is willing; but their flesh always gets the best of them. This person has no self discipline, even though his lips say the right things.

I know somebody who struggles with mental health issues. Their spirit is willing; but their flesh always gets the best of them. This person has no self discipline, even though his lips say the right things.
Few days back I was passing by a friend's house and I had to venture to say hello. We have seen for a very long while, he was a Deejay, so he played live deejay. I was amused. Later he told me about his weakness. He gets angry easily and he wants to fast and pray about it. I explained to him about it that he has to study his demon (self). Even though he fast and pray, he might still go back to his vomit. I told him how a demon would frustrate me to make me go have some alcohol because I think it will solve my anger but in the end it worsen it. So I learned it's tricks and whenever I feel like drinking, I remember the demon had already started a process to make me very easy to access. The main objective of the demon is to make me drink so I can be weak in my spirit. So that it can plant the evil seed to make me keep on in self destruct habit. So I just change my mind when I'm about to do such. Since then victory has been mine. The victory is not permanent because the demon would not give up.

When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.” Matthew 12:43-45

These demons can wait for 12 or more years. They are agents of death and hopelessness. They just want to render one useless and make people feel hopeless. We must study them and know their way.

My friend still smoke weed little, I told him he has to stop it finally as that's where the demon is engaging him.

This is exactly what is happening to that fellow you know. Addictive habits makes us feel as if we are helpless but by the spirit of God we can overcome.

Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

My flesh is weak, racked with pain, even more so since I fell the other day landing on my knee. I have both knees and both hip replacements. When I fell I could hardly walk, but with some help I got up and forced myself to finish getting groceries. Coming home was a challenge trying to walk up the steps into the house. So much pain, but have no insurance yet so I did not go to the ER as I don't think I broke anything, but bruised the heck out of the inside of my knee. I'm using a cane, but getting better, but yet my body, having arthritis, always feels some sort of pain.

The point I am making is that I might have pain, this body is flesh, but the pain does not control me as the flesh has nothing to do with mu soul and who I am in the Lord. Even though I can not enjoy doing things I use to do without hurting, the Spirit of God that dwells in me keeps me from succumbing to any temptation of negative forces that try to buffet me.

Why does it seem like God heals some, but not others, even if they are His own? I use to ask myself this all the time after praying like a zillion times for healing. The answer I got from God was that His grace was sufficient and the pain helps me to remember to walk down that narrow path no matter what the temptation or how I feel as one day I will be free from this fleshly body. Until then I must be about my Fathers business.

He created the heaven and earth, moments and circumstances in it. He has the pricture of how he want things to be and no one can change them. There are stories of our lives in God's eyes. He has a purpose for his designs and one day we will realize that and thank Him for everything. Most times when such things happens to us shows God honouring us with longer life because if we look back to our lives we may not have made it up till now.

Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Job 38:4 is the answer to all questions regarding things that we cannot change. Most important we should be praying for mercy.

Back