Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The end of grace and mercy?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JohnR

One of the things I have been told is that the beginning of the tribulation is the end of the age of God's grace and mercy. People will be under the law of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. We are told that this is what people want, so this is what they will get.

I am wondering with a younger generation that is coming along if they will be the rapture generation. If they are the ones to take the gospel to the ends of the earth for the last time. Just as the early church filled the great commission for the very first time.

One thing I would expect to see is a tendency toward particulars. If there is no more grace and mercy is that the direction that the world is heading in?Does anyone see any sign of this in the world today?

JohnR said:
One of the things I have been told is that the beginning of the tribulation is the end of the age of God's grace and mercy. People will be under the law of an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. We are told that this is what people want, so this is what they will get.

I am wondering with a younger generation that is coming along if they will be the rapture generation. If they are the ones to take the gospel to the ends of the earth for the last time. Just as the early church filled the great commission for the very first time.

One thing I would expect to see is a tendency toward particulars. If there is no more grace and mercy is that the direction that the world is heading in?Does anyone see any sign of this in the world today?

Hi JohnR. I know you posted this back in December, but I just read it, so I'll give my views.

My understanding is, that deliverence from sin by God in any age or generation is because of His grace and mercy.

Even during the tribulation (Daniel's 70th week) there will be a remnant of Israelite belivers who will be kept alive during the times of terrible persecution by the devil inspired anti-christ and his followers.

It's true there will be many killed when they refused to worship the anti-christ or take his mark. They will be resurrected to live gloriously in the Messianic Kingdom.

During the millennial reign of Christ, there will be no more wars; righteousness will cover the earth. It's true that Christ the King will rule severly, if need be. And the instructions for right living, for blessings and happiness, will be, IMO, Jesus' sermon on the mount (Matt. Chaps. 5-7)

When Jesus said "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall come the end," (Matt. 24:14), He also said what the gospel (good news) was in verse 13.

He is telling about the coming dreadful last days of the tribulation, after all the woes and plagues have been poured out on man and the earth. The good news is to hang on: "But he that shall endure to the end shall be saved." I don't know who all will be preaching it, maybe angels flying in the heavens. At any rate, it will be heralded not long before the end of the age, the end of the tribulation, when Christ returns in power and great glory.

It is not a message we should preach today. We just need to preach 'salvation is by faith alone in the blood of Christ'

Back