Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The "EVENTS" of salvation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The passage you quoted to support your statement⬆️, doesn't say those are Christians.

BTW, you didn't answer my question, leaving your case weak.

Which passage?

Which question?

JLB

hello billybalke, dirtfarmer here

I mean no disrespect to you, but 1 Corinthians 12:13 states: " For by one Spirit are we baptized into one body, whether we be Jewor Gentile, whether we be bond or free; and have been made to drink into one Spirit." It is the Spirit that places us "into" Christ, not water baptism.
Thank you Dirtfarmer. John 16:13, Jesus teaches the Spirit would guide His apostles into "all truth". The Spirit is the Administrator of the Word.

Not exactly. Really, do some research on the original Biblical meaning of the word. It will not only amaze you, but it will leave you wondering how many other words we may have done this to.

Actually, Saul (Paul) would have fit the original meaning of the word, "martyr" more than Stephen did....... even though you could get killed for defending (upholding) the law either way, since the word meant a prosecuting witness (upholder) of the law.

Do you believe Stephen was a martyr?

And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’ Acts 22:20

JLB

And when the blood of Your martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by consenting to his death, and guarding the clothes of those who were killing him.’ Acts 22:20

JLB
You quoted a translation. The word underwent change long before it got translated into our Bibles.

You quoted a translation. The word underwent change long before it got translated into our Bibles.

JLB

John 1:14 KJV
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I Corinthians 15:45 KJV
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Hebrews 8:10 KJV
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Romans 2:14 KJV
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

eddif

LITV version is available online here:

http://www.thewordnotes.com/litv/litv.htm
http://studybible.info/version/LITV
or you can use e-sword and locate an LITV module throu a third party.

Let me clarify a couple of things. Our doing the believing {the conviction that the Lord and His Gospel are true, and our obedience to trust the Lord to save us} is not itself the agent, or power, or action that puts us into Christ. The Spirit of the Lord unites us with Christ; He places us into Him. The Scriptures describe these two actions {1. our believing God and 2. His consequent transfer of us into Christ} as believig into Christ.

Knowing and understanding and believing things about God, Jesus Christ, His words, and His just requirement . . . is different than trusting Him by believing into Christ because of those things.
Hi Gregg. I have previously said that the baptism which puts one into Christ is water baptism. That it not only "into" but a burial and also for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38, Rom.6, Gal.3:27.

My first thought....both.
Well, if we're anything like Paul it's not both. Maybe he was living the Christian life differently, huh?

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Well, if we're anything like Paul it's not both. Maybe he was living the Christian life differently, huh?

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

Don't you think it's possible Paul wants to do what is good....his mind says, yes.....but the flesh puts up some resistance?

Don't you think it's possible Paul wants to do what is good....his mind says, yes.....but the flesh puts up some resistance?
No.
Only if you change what Paul (a pretty top notch Christian late in his life) said he was actually doing ("serving the law of sin") with "the flesh puts up some resistance".

Do you think it's possible that Christians like Paul have actually been set free from the law of sin and of death in our minds, yet still sin in the flesh?

No.
Only if you change what Paul (a pretty top notch Christian late in his life) said he was actually doing ("serving the law of sin") with "the flesh puts up some resistance".

Do you think it's possible that Christians like Paul have actually been set free from the law of sin and of death in our minds, yet still sin in the flesh?

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.c For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.c For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So, yes then.
Cool. Explains a lot.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back