Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] The Exodus Decoded

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Relic

Today I saw an advertisment for an upcoming show on the History Channel. I don't have the History channel, but I am asking someone to tape it for me.

thclogoql3.gif

http://www.historychannel.com/

The Exodus Decoded

Premieres:

Sunday, August 20 @ 8pm ET/PT

The story of the Exodus invokes an epic tale--Pharaohs and Israelites, plagues and miracles, splitting of the sea and drowning of an army, and Moses. It's at the heart of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. After much research--working with archaeologists, Egyptologists, geologists, and theologians--filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici concluded that the Exodus took place hundreds of years earlier than thought. With a new timetable, Jacobovici reexamined artifacts and discovered that the traditional consensus on the date was reached without reference to Judaic texts that record the oral traditions. When Jacobovici consulted these texts, they revealed names of people and places unknown to researchers until recently when extensive excavations in the Nile Delta took place. Teaming up with special effects designers, he created a unique digital experience of the Exodus. Blending archaeological findings with eye-catching effects, Jacobovici creates a virtual museum to showcase his discoveries.

I saw the scientist being interviewed on the TODAY show, channel 10 in Philly.
ANd he said the most interesting thing. He didn't pay attention to what the experts said but decided to try something "entirely new." Use the timeline the Bible provided. He said the reason information is missed is because researchers are intent on looking on the wrong page. Once he accepted that the Exodus happened 3500 BC instead of 3200 BC, he began to find lots of proof the event was historic. Before that the experts were simply missing the obvious.....

Or perhaps they were being deceived....

Eccles. 3:3 (niv)
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

The question is what do we expect to find at this time. After 40 years in the desert when they entered the promised land they did not begin to build right away. They did burn some cities and there are thin layers at this time showing that fires took place and cities were destroyed. They did more to take over and plunder what was already there.

Some of the major builders we find was in Egypt, Babylon and then Jerusalem. Solomon was a great builder and we can still see the temple mount in Jerusalem from Solomons temple. Archeology has done work on cities like Ur, Ninivah and Jericho. All three are in the Bible and all three have been shown to exist just as the Bible says.

Eccles. 3:3 (niv)
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

The question is what do we expect to find at this time. After 40 years in the desert when they entered the promised land they did not begin to build right away. They did burn some cities and there are thin layers at this time showing that fires took place and cities were destroyed. They did more to take over and plunder what was already there.

Some of the major builders we find was in Egypt, Babylon and then Jerusalem. Solomon was a great builder and we can still see the temple mount in Jerusalem from Solomons temple. Archeology has done work on cities like Ur, Ninivah and Jericho. All three are in the Bible and all three have been shown to exist just as the Bible says.

I just ordered this on DVD, it's probably the more through and complete study of the historical Exodus ever recorded

+1 for history channel

I saw this a while ago. They've been r unning this non-stop since yesterday. I can't understand the point this guy is trying to make. He is the same man who had done the Jesus Tomb Mysteries. Is he trying to disprove everything, or prove everything?

I dislike shows like these. All it does is try to raise more doubt in this awful world we are in. I cannot even watch shows like this anymore. It makes me sick!

all "Lost Tomb of Jesus" stuff aside this guy is a multi award winning documentary film maker who's very involved with Judaism

in short he's attempting to prove the story of the bible by analyzing Egyptian Historical records and known seismic activity. Volcanic eruption and Earthquakes in Cameroon showed in 1987 that they could turn massive bodies of water blood red, kill fish, cause ice and fire to hail together, the blacking out of the sun, etc. He doesn't attempt to conclude that it still wasn't an act of God, only that there is a reasonable, natural method that god used.

Why does someones attempt to understand our past in greater detail make you sick?

I'm aware of his credentials. It makes me sick because it seems to me that he is trying to disprove everything. Using "natural" circumstance takes away from any miracle God performed.

not so far as I can tell. God wouldn't need to create phenomena out of the clear blue sky, in fact using natural means supports the requirement of faith. If they had video tape of Angels running around with swords killing the first born there wouldn't really be a need for faith would there?

Even if you believe that is was a volcano, the fact of the timing in addition to that Moses knew about the passover shows you that something was up

Any man who would attempt to make the film of the Jesus Tomb mysteries, is not a man who is trying to "prove" our Lord and the stories of the bible. It was a slap in the face watching this man tear our faith a new one, so to say. I'm sorry dear, you are being greatly misled should you believe anything this man has "written". He is disproving our Lord. Every chance he gets he tries to disprove him. I don't care if he becomes president from the awards he has received, this goes to show how many people he is misleading.

Doesn't it state in the bible to not seek out proof, but to be just believe?

ZaksDarlin said:

that actual wisdom can be found in ignorance, that by turning away from any creditable information you actually better understand what truly happened is a far greater injustice. That, is the unaccepting totalitarianism that is rampaging the Middle East right now. And it is no better a product when wrapped in a "Christian" box.

I have yet to see this man's thoerys debated with any logic, every argument I've seen against this man's work goes something like this "It's false because it was presented around Easter" or "This is a lie and we shouldn't even consider it so I'm not even going to think about it"

in short, the mind who blinds himself will only find the correct path on accident

ZaksDarlin said:
Any man who would attempt to make the film of the Jesus Tomb mysteries, is not a man who is trying to "prove" our Lord and the stories of the bible. It was a slap in the face watching this man tear our faith a new one, so to say. I'm sorry dear, you are being greatly misled should you believe anything this man has "written". He is disproving our Lord. Every chance he gets he tries to disprove him. I don't care if he becomes president from the awards he has received, this goes to show how many people he is misleading.

II Thessalonians 5:21

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I John 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of GOD: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Here we have PROVE and TRY. Hardly sounds like just accepting ANYTHING on faith.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back