Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study The Father's Commandment To Jesus

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

herald

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him, the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak.

And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

When Peter trusted in his own understanding, He attempted to counsel Jesus, that, He didn't need to die upon the cross. Jesus looked at him and said, "Get thee behind me, Satan...!" Mt 16:21-26.

When James and John wanted to follow the example of Elijah (denominational precedent?) and call fire down from heaven upon the Samaritans, Jesus said to them, "Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of!" Lu 9:54,55.

When Judas followed his own heart, Satan filled it and he betrayed the Lord. Lu 22:3.

These four disciples were with Jesus, 24/7, yet, when they trusted in their own opinions, became tools of Satan, who was attempting to thwart God's plan of salvation.

So, with all due respect, who do we think we are with our various denominational traditions and opinions?

Every doctrine must be studied Genesis-Revelation, but, that, is not done. We need to revere God's holy Word.

Jesus spoke, only, the Words, that, the Father gave Him to speak. "He that saith he abideth in Him, ought himself so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:6.

We will, each one, stand before our Lord Jesus Christ and give an account of how we lived and presented His "God Breathed" Word to mankind. 2 Tim 3:16.

There is, only, one authority - His "God Breathed" Word.

This I concur with. I have my own theological convictions, but I am humble enough to have them molded and corrected by God's word, and I desire to read that Word and learn from it. And let me tell you something, reading the books of Ezekiel and Jeremiah will change your conception of God's judgement too (just for an example). We need to read all the word not just portions. Reading all of God's word is very important.

God Bless,

~Josh

Quote:
"We will, each one, stand before our Lord Jesus Christ and give an account of how we lived and presented His "God Breathed" Word to mankind. 2 Tim 3:16.

There is, only, one authority - His "God Breathed" Word."

Question: What do you consider the words of the Apostle Paul, who was given special revelations?

Through him was gospel of the grace of God preached. That those believing in Jesus Christ, his sacrifice and ascension, are now justified, reconciled, and have a future in the heavenlies. Ref. Romans and Ephesians.

"...ye received the Word of God, which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God..." 1 Thess 2:13.

The Apostle Paul got his revelation, directly from God, just as Jesus did.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back