Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The First Night of Passover (A Reflection)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Ben Avraham

EREV PESACH (First Night of Passover)

Tonight is April 22nd, The First night of Passover. It must have been a night like this about 3500 years ago that thousands of lambs were sacrificed, and their blood placed on the doorposts of those houses. This was done per instructions via Moses, and Moses received these instructions directly from God.

That night would be the night of all nights. A night to remember. Freedom from slavery was at the door. God himself would pay a visit to the Egyptians, a visit of death. Death to the firstborn of Egypt. A debt would be collected. Lives would be demanded. Yet there would be a substitute.
Or rather, substitutes. Those were the lambs and goats that were sacrificed. Their blood on the doorposts of the houses in Goshen would be a reminder that "blood was already shed in this house." That household was obedient to the instructions. That household was redeemed by the blood of that lamb. So, on to the next house. Would that household be obedient?

That Passover night a cry went out in all the land of Egypt. Judgment was dished out to Pharaoh's household and all the Egyptians. Were there Egyptians who put blood on their doorposts? Perhaps a few since a "mixed multitude" left Egypt in the morning. There were some Egyptians who placed their trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel.

The final plague gave the death blow to Egypt. Egypt was defeated and humiliated, and God's people were set free, free from the bondage of slavery, free to follow a new master, a master who would love them and who would, someday, give up his own life for them.

About 1500 years later, another scene was taking place on a night like this, the first night of Passover. Our Messiah was in a large room and was gathered with his disciples. It would be the final Passover supper with them. They would have roasted lamb with bitter herbs and a sweet mixture of fruit and nuts with honey. Unleavened bread of course was there along with wine. The Unleavened bread spoke of Yeshua the Bread of Life. All participated, all but one, the betrayer, Y'hudah, a man from Kariot, who learned nothing from the Master, who placed more importance in pocket change than a change of heart.

The bread was broken to symbolize Messiah's body which would soon be broken and torn apart by Roman fists and a flagellum. Wine was drunk to symbolize the blood of Messiah which would be spilled. The blood that brought back memories of the blood of lambs and goats 1500 years before on the first Passover night in Egypt. Yeshua would be those Passover lambs. As the Passover lambs were the substitutes for death back then, Yeshua would be the one and only Passover lamb to be our substitute in death. He would take the curse of sin and death upon himself, and by His sacrifice, we would gain eternal life.

Is the Passover Lamb part of your life? Have you invited the Passover Lamb to live inside you? If not, Passover would be the perfect time for such an invitation.

Happy Passover.

If you have never celebrated Passover, it's not too late.

Yeshua would be those Passover lambs. As the Passover lambs were the substitutes for death back then, Yeshua would be the one and only Passover lamb to be our substitute in death. He would take the curse of sin and death upon himself, and by His sacrifice, we would gain eternal life.
Hello Ben Avraham.
I would like to propose to you that we should see Jesus "bearing sin" as enduring the sins of mankind being committed against Him.
My friend, our dear Lord wasn't a substitute, or in place of sinners in our Fathers' eyes. Jesus being tortured didn't appease our Father in Heaven. Jesus holding back His own anger is what appeases our Father.
Can you understand what I'm saying?

Shalom Ben Avraham

I often wonder about the night of that first Passover. How many people must have died. I mean, even a grandfather or grandmother, if they had been the firstborn in their generation may have been included in this number. Even the cattle were not spared. All to show the power and majesty of God to His people. God loves Yisra'el.

The Lord make his face to shine upon you,
Ted

Shalom Ben Avraham

I often wonder about the night of that first Passover. How many people must have died. I mean, even a grandfather or grandmother, if they had been the firstborn in their generation may have been included in this number. Even the cattle were not spared. All to show the power and majesty of God to His people. God loves Yisra'el.

The Lord make his face to shine upon you,
Ted
I think without knowing for sure that more people died last night, and die every night now, than died that night of that first Passover.

I think without knowing for sure that more people died last night, and die every night now, than died that night of that first Passover.
Hi follower

Yeah that would pretty much go without saying. But go ahead if you feel so led. When's the last time you lived in a town and woke up in the middle of the night to screaming and wailing and a dead person in just about every house? It may be greater in number over all of the earth, but...

You'd have just rolled over and gone back to sleep? I was just reminiscing a bit with brother Avraham because I understand that we're over here on the messianic Judaism thread and I'm trying to respect the rules and only discuss issues of that line of faith. But you go ahead and I'll stand aside.

And of course, that was rather my point that I wondered what amount of the people in Egypt died on that one night. Of course, I also know that there isn't an answer to that question, per se., but I often discuss the life people may have been seeing/living when some of the accounts of the Scriptures are studied. For the things of ancient Hebrew living, I generally trust what a follower, especially a teacher of Torah, might know or understand of an event.

I was recently wondering what it must have been like for those shepherds as the heavens opened to show a chorus/host of angels singing praises to God and telling them about a child being born. I mean, today that would be a story on the cover of National Enquirer. But it actually happened 2,000 years ago and I just stand amazed in wonder of what they must have seen. What was Mary, who knew that she had just birthed the Son of a God, her God, thinking and feeling as those shepherds were tripping over their own tongues pointing to the skies and proclaiming what they had just seen. And are now standing in front of that baby!!

Did she feel overwhelmed with awe? We are told that she treasured all these things in her heart. But why didn't it ever come up during Jesus' ministry and certainly his condemnation and death. Did Mary know that she had to let her child die without trying to save him? Had Jesus also told her not to tell anyone of all the things that she knew about his life?

We know that God hid the truth of Jesus from their hearts in order to accomplish His plan. But what did Mary know? What was it like for those shepherds as they were seeing this heavenly apparition.

God bless,
Ted

I mean, today that would be a story on the cover of National Enquirer.
This is just a quick not for discussion interruption for a brief footnote re that misconception
========================================.
This is one of the most extreme examples known of,
and there is not a gram of hope to "prove" it until the farm decides to do so ---- like the recently publicized one pill drug from pharmacy that cures that live disease. It costs about $23,000. (yes, for one pill), and yes I saw someone in treatment for decades , sickly, under constant medical care, for their liver
who was able to get a grant for that ONE PILL,
AND THEY WERE CURED!!!
Before that, it cost under a hundred dollars, but no one could use it legally.
The qualifier in society is not "is it legal" but "does the enemy allow it " ???
=========================================

When the healers in the last century healed many people who came to them, was it news at all ?
No ? Why ?
It was banned, quashed within a day if it got published at all.
-------------------------------------------
Including the 1970's published one day for type one and type two,
did people love it ? YES YES YES !!!!! the ones who were healed did!
But big farms bought it within 48 hours and quashed it totally. (until a few years ago it was known in clinics all across India !!!)

We know that God hid the truth of Jesus from their hearts in order to accomplish His plan.
This perhaps is the point today. The blindness all around us in chruches, schools, hospitals, guberments, politics, banks, financial institutions,
is orchestrated by God Himself for accomplishing His Plan (not man's) ....

Tonight is April 22nd, The First night of Passover. It must have been a night like this about 3500 years ago that thousands of lambs were sacrificed,
Shabbat Shalom Ben Avraham! Shalom Shalom in Messiah Y'Shua!

Thousands upon thousands of lives are sacrificed daily , purposefully, meaninglessly by wicked men world wide.

I'm not at all trying to distract from your op, but rather perhaps
highlight the GLORY OF YHVH , HIS DOING..... HOW GREAT !! AND WONDERFUL !!

YHVH is Almighty, He Alone Is Worthy of Praise and Honor and Worship Today!

mankind is wicked. perverse, greedy, deceptive in all the ways it can be.

Y'SHUA SAVES US is more a miracle more and more realized when we are permitted to see what we are saved from when we are saved. WHen we are forgiven.

This is just a quick not for discussion interruption for a brief footnote re that misconception
========================================.
This is one of the most extreme examples known of,
and there is not a gram of hope to "prove" it until the farm decides to do so ---- like the recently publicized one pill drug from pharmacy that cures that live disease. It costs about $23,000. (yes, for one pill), and yes I saw someone in treatment for decades , sickly, under constant medical care, for their liver
who was able to get a grant for that ONE PILL,
AND THEY WERE CURED!!!
Before that, it cost under a hundred dollars, but no one could use it legally.
The qualifier in society is not "is it legal" but "does the enemy allow it " ???
=========================================

When the healers in the last century healed many people who came to them, was it news at all ?
No ? Why ?
It was banned, quashed within a day if it got published at all.
-------------------------------------------
Including the 1970's published one day for type one and type two,
did people love it ? YES YES YES !!!!! the ones who were healed did!
But big farms bought it within 48 hours and quashed it totally. (until a few years ago it was known in clinics all across India !!!)

This perhaps is the point today. The blindness all around us in chruches, schools, hospitals, guberments, politics, banks, financial institutions,
is orchestrated by God Himself for accomplishing His Plan (not man's) ....

I'm not at all trying to distract from your op, but rather perhaps
highlight the GLORY OF YHVH , HIS DOING..... HOW GREAT !! AND WONDERFUL !!

YHVH is Almighty, He Alone Is Worthy of Praise and Honor and Worship Today!

mankind is wicked. perverse, greedy, deceptive in all the ways it can be.
Hi follower

Look can you tie any of that into the first Passover. Read the title and read the material, then comment respectfully about that matter. Otherwise, go start your own thread...please.

God bless,
Ted

EREV PESACH (First Night of Passover)

Tonight is April 22nd, The First night of Passover. It must have been a night like this about 3500 years ago that thousands of lambs were sacrificed, and their blood placed on the doorposts of those houses. This was done per instructions via Moses, and Moses received these instructions directly from God.

That night would be the night of all nights. A night to remember. Freedom from slavery was at the door. God himself would pay a visit to the Egyptians, a visit of death. Death to the firstborn of Egypt. A debt would be collected. Lives would be demanded. Yet there would be a substitute.
Or rather, substitutes. Those were the lambs and goats that were sacrificed. Their blood on the doorposts of the houses in Goshen would be a reminder that "blood was already shed in this house." That household was obedient to the instructions. That household was redeemed by the blood of that lamb. So, on to the next house. Would that household be obedient?

That Passover night a cry went out in all the land of Egypt. Judgment was dished out to Pharaoh's household and all the Egyptians. Were there Egyptians who put blood on their doorposts? Perhaps a few since a "mixed multitude" left Egypt in the morning. There were some Egyptians who placed their trust in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of Israel.

The final plague gave the death blow to Egypt. Egypt was defeated and humiliated, and God's people were set free, free from the bondage of slavery, free to follow a new master, a master who would love them and who would, someday, give up his own life for them.

About 1500 years later, another scene was taking place on a night like this, the first night of Passover. Our Messiah was in a large room and was gathered with his disciples. It would be the final Passover supper with them. They would have roasted lamb with bitter herbs and a sweet mixture of fruit and nuts with honey. Unleavened bread of course was there along with wine. The Unleavened bread spoke of Yeshua the Bread of Life. All participated, all but one, the betrayer, Y'hudah, a man from Kariot, who learned nothing from the Master, who placed more importance in pocket change than a change of heart.

The bread was broken to symbolize Messiah's body which would soon be broken and torn apart by Roman fists and a flagellum. Wine was drunk to symbolize the blood of Messiah which would be spilled. The blood that brought back memories of the blood of lambs and goats 1500 years before on the first Passover night in Egypt. Yeshua would be those Passover lambs. As the Passover lambs were the substitutes for death back then, Yeshua would be the one and only Passover lamb to be our substitute in death. He would take the curse of sin and death upon himself, and by His sacrifice, we would gain eternal life.

Is the Passover Lamb part of your life? Have you invited the Passover Lamb to live inside you? If not, Passover would be the perfect time for such an invitation.

Happy Passover.

If you have never celebrated Passover, it's not too late.
Hello Ben Avraham, Great post, how are you all?

Love, Walter And Debbie

Hey Walter and Debbie, We are doing great, here in El Salvador. We celebrated Passover here and then took it to a small town named "Guazapa" which has dirt roads and many small family stores, chickens, goats, cows, pigs (uhh) in the back yard. This Passover was the first time for many.

To answer the other questions; How many Egyptians must have died on that night? We really don't know, but the Scripture states that there wasn't a house where there wasn't a dead person. Probably millions. But here's a positive note. Many of the firstborns might have been young children, innocent babies. They are now in heaven enjoying fellowship with God! They were saved from being raised in a pagan nation bowing down to pagan gods!.

Hey Walter and Debbie, We are doing great, here in El Salvador. We celebrated Passover here and then took it to a small town named "Guazapa" which has dirt roads and many small family stores, chickens, goats, cows, pigs (uhh) in the back yard. This Passover was the first time for many.
Thank you for sharing, Good morning Ben Avraham and to your Wife, how are you all today? Blessings to you all, we are fine Here in Washington From New Orleans, Louisiana. :) :)

Love always, Walter And Debbie

To answer the other questions; How many Egyptians must have died on that night? We really don't know, but the Scripture states that there wasn't a house where there wasn't a dead person. Probably millions. But here's a positive note. Many of the firstborns might have been young children, innocent babies. They are now in heaven enjoying fellowship with God! They were saved from being raised in a pagan nation bowing down to pagan gods!.
Good point. People killed in catastrophies may be saved. The point of judgement is also so those left alive consider their ways.
Pharaoh himself may have repented.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back