Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Foundation of Wisdom

Wisdom is sought after by the wise...to become wiser. Wisdom is sought after by the fool to become wise. But if both the fool and wise do not have the discipline to apply the Wisdom they have been given by God...to their own life. What have they gained? The foundation of Wisdom is Discipline.

Jesus is Lord...the Lord is God.

seekandlisten said:
Proverbs 12:1

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.

For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

The more God is in you...The more God will be to you.
If you are taught by God...You will become like God.
There is no limitations to God...If you are One with God...There is no limitations to You.
The less limitations you have upon you...The more of God you will have in you.
The more like God you become, the more like God you wil be.
The more like God you are...The more God is in you...And...The more God will be to you.

Jesus is Lord and the Lord is God.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

TheUnworthyServant said:
Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. A good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

What is the beginning of the Fear of the Lord?

I think...now I am not sure...but using the brain My God gave me to think with...I am speculating that if this man who wrote ...The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

If he had ...had the discipline to apply the Wisdom he got from the beginng by fearing the Lord...

I would not be reading this........

Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.

Is it just me or...is something wrong with this picture...Im a good student...Im ready to learn.

Back