Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Fountainhead

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I remember a high school coach giving me a copy of The Fountainhead and, though I didn't care for the mc being an atheist, I readily enjoyed the story and greatly identified with the mc. The coach told me "This is MY bible" and I read the book out of respect. I think it should be required reading in schools and should be advised reading even among church congregants. The individualism espoused in the book is quickly slipping away in our society. Ironically it is the atheists and masons pushing conformity while the Christians ( some of them anyway) resist. Cancel culture is the threat to virtually "beat" those who resist.

The individualism espoused in the book is quickly slipping away in our society. Ironically it is the atheists and masons pushing conformity while the Christians ( some of them anyway) resist.
Do you know how Anton LaVey, founder of Church of Satan, described his philosophy of Satanism? As follows:

"Just Ayn Rand's philosophy with ceremony and ritual added."

I find it amusing that Christians have been espousing Rand even though she is arguably the closest thing to the Anti-Christ as has ever existed. For conservative Christians to embrace Objectivism is truly bizarre.

EDIT: By the way, I am not a member of CoS and give no support to them whatsoever. I do not embrace Objectivism or Ayn Rand.

Do you know how Anton LaVey, founder of Church of Satan, described his philosophy of Satanism? As follows:

"Just Ayn Rand's philosophy with ceremony and ritual added."

I find it amusing that Christians have been espousing Rand even though she is arguably the closest thing to the Anti-Christ as has ever existed.
I know Masons produce as many atheists as possible.

Sounds good to you? You sure you don't embrace it? Sounds like you do.
If an organization turns out atheists, sounds good to me. lol. (Mostly joking.)

No, I don't know much at all about the Masons, and I reject Objectivism and the Church of Satan. Hear what TST says on it (https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/church-of-satan-vs-satanic-temple):
They [the Church of Satan] hold to a remarkably similar philosophy as you find espoused by radical Tea Party Christians on the theocratic Right: Ayn Rand-inspired Social Darwinist authoritarian-fetishizing libertarianism, but with a bit of occultic ritual magic thrown in.

[By contrast:] The Satanic Temple espouses a non-supernatural anti-authoritarian philosophy that views the metaphorical literary construct of Satan as a liberator from oppression of the mind and body.
Objectivism is authoritarian and has links to Social Darwinism; as an anarchist and supporter of human equality for all, I completely reject Objectivism.

To top it all off, she was a really poor writer.

If an organization turns out atheists, sounds good to me. lol. (Mostly joking.)

No, I don't know much at all about the Masons, and I reject Objectivism and the Church of Satan. Hear what TST says on it (https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/church-of-satan-vs-satanic-temple):

Objectivism is authoritarian and has links to Social Darwinism; as an anarchist and supporter of human equality for all, I completely reject Objectivism.

To top it all off, she was a really poor writer.
Unlike the Bible, I can glean whatever I choose from human authors for whatever good I can get from it and discard the rest. The same holds true for human theology about God. I glean what I want and discard the rest. I cannot do that with the Bible. It is either all true or all lie.

Unlike the Bible, I can glean whatever I choose from human authors for whatever good I can get from it and discard the rest. The same holds true for human theology about God. I glean what I want and discard the rest. I cannot do that with the Bible. It is either all true or all lie.
I see your point. I'm also an individualist but not to the extent of Ayn Rand, CoS, and their "social stratification." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individualism

Tooey is an interesting Villian. A man who manipulates to control others. Using guilt and shame to tear down people. Rourke is a great protagonist and the final scene where Dominique is rising to the summit of the sky scraper is great symbolism.

Though I think it's pure fantasy because a person like Rourke doesn't exist. Human psychology doesn't work like how Rand presents it. It's more symbolism than anything.

Have you talked to any Mason?
My grandfather was a freemason. In my early teens, my grandfather went out to his work shed to sharpen a kitchen knife on the big powered grinding wheel he had there. My mother pressured me to go out there to spend time with him. I did follow him out there. I didn't feel comfortable being around him and, even though the grinding was loud, I tried to have a conversation with him. I told him my mom said he was a freemason. He said "Yep" then picked the blade up away from the grinding and said "But you stay away from them". Him pointing that blade in my direction scared me and I just nodded my head to quickly agree. I said "Nothing" when we came back in and my mom asked what we talked about. It took decades to realize what it was he got himself involved with. The masons and the Episcopal Church go hand in hand.

My grandfather was a freemason. In my early teens, my grandfather went out to his work shed to sharpen a kitchen knife on the big powered grinding wheel he had there. My mother pressured me to go out there to spend time with him. I did follow him out there. I didn't feel comfortable being around him and, even though the grinding was loud, I tried to have a conversation with him. I told him my mom said he was a freemason. He said "Yep" then picked the blade up away from the grinding and said "But you stay away from them". Him pointing that blade in my direction scared me and I just nodded my head to quickly agree. I said "Nothing" when we came back in and my mom asked what we talked about. It took decades to realize what it was he got himself involved with. The masons and the Episcopal Church go hand in hand.
Drinking at a lodge once a month?

Do you know how Anton LaVey, founder of Church of Satan, described his...

...very last day on earth? Do you know what Anton LaVeys last words were?

Just as he was starting to die, he got this faraway look in his eye and he said, oh my. Oh my, I have made a dreadful mistake. Oh no. Oh no...and he died.
Search Youtube for it, that's where I seen it. Anton's last words or something similar.

...very last day on earth? Do you know what Anton LaVeys last words were?

Just as he was starting to die, he got this faraway look in his eye and he said, oh my. Oh my, I have made a dreadful mistake. Oh no. Oh no...and he died.
Search Youtube for it, that's where I seen it. Anton's last words or something similar.
I have no respect for the man. My beliefs are not tied to CoS or Anton.

If he did think, on his deathbed, that he was going to Hell, then he was wrong, and now he thinks and feels nothing since he no longer exists. As will happen to all of us.

Drinking at a lodge once a month?
My grandfather was closely involved with the freemasons to the point a "Jewish" member set him up with a small grocery after a horrific disabling accident he suffered at work. What he didn't know at the time was there was a price to be paid in the form of turning his daughter over to them for grooming, brainwashing, molestation and rape. That's why he came to regret being a part of them and warned me to stay away from them. He showed a distant disdain for me because I was the illegitimate son of an affair my mother had with one of them even though she was a married adult.

My grandfather was closely involved with the freemasons to the point a "Jewish" member set him up with a small grocery after a horrific disabling accident he suffered at work. What he didn't know at the time was there was a price to be paid in the form of turning his daughter over to them for grooming, brainwashing, molestation and rape. That's why he came to regret being a part of them and warned me to stay away from them. He showed a distant disdain for me because I was the illegitimate son of an affair my mother had with one of them even though she was a married adult.
Much the same could be said of a lot of Christian churches, wherein males in authority regularly groom both girls and boys. A friend of mine (who is male), he told me that a pastor at his church would regularly complement he and his younger brother on their appearances (while my friend was 12), and that one time the pastor invited him to have a "discussion" with him, wherein the pastor had a long conversation with him about his masturbation habits. Though nothing overtly sexual happened between them, the pastor was soon involved in actual homosexual pedophilia and rape. How disgusting.

The Southern Baptist abuse report has shown this very, very clearly, as have many other reports from both individuals and committees over the years.

Back