Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Glory Of God, In Music

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

We musicians as we play, and sing, need to play and sing to one audience and that is God. We tend to play for the peoples approval, we tend to see if we can get reactions out of the audience, or we like to show how good we are on our instruments, or how good we can sing. We even get so high minded that we think we are running the show. And some times you are because God will not show up. Because you have left Him out of it, instead of in it. We should always pray for God to be a big part of our playing, and pray for the Holy Ghost to lead us and fill us with His, Spirit, in our musicianship. We can have all the talent in the world, but if God is not in it, what good is it.
Christian musicians and singers, are under a constant attack by satan and his demons. Because we are the worship leaders on earth. And if you will remember, satan himself, was once a musician and praise leader in Heaven, and he knows how important that praise and worship in songs is to the Lord.
So he attacks the musicians and singers hard, very hard. But through prayer and meditating on the Lord, to have Him be a part of your playing and singing, and playing and singing to Him rather than man you will be surprised at what will come out of you. You want to be so in tune with God, that His Glory shows up. Yes God's Glory still shows up, and everybody in the place will see and feel it. Every time in the Bible when God's Glory showed up, everybody saw and felt it. Not just one but everybody. When we the musicians and the people are all of one mind worshiping and praising the Lord amazing things happen. So what I am saying is play and sing to Him, and in playing and singing to Him, the people will move and get into the spirit of the music with out you even trying, to move the people, because the Spirit of God will be there, and when the Spirit of God is in a place. Everything is affected.

Lewis W

Amen Lewis! I know what you are saying.

Back in the 70's I was married to a musician who's band was one of the star bands in the Cleveland area. They also worked for Belkin Productions when the company first formed, and they travelled to many cities across the states. The thrill of being forefront of an audience and getting carried away in the music and the excitement of it all can be misapplied in our lives. It is all too easy to loose sight of God in the whole process of the, shall I say, "dance" of it all.

You can dance on your instrument and get high on the act and reaction of it all. And the audience follows along in the same mesmerism of the music. You don't need drugs to make music your drug of choice, nor do you need to carve an image to create an idol out of the "music" itself.

Much care must be taken in order to maintain respect to our Creator God for all that is given to us and all that He does through us. Else we are just going through the motions and acting like a bunch of wild pagans.

God teaches us how to praise him and how to worship him with respect and not out of arrogant and vain motions and behaviors.

It is wonderful that you are aware of the fine line that musicians walk when performing on stage.

Praise God for his keeping you close.

God bless you! :biggrin

Thanks Relic I am just now seeing your reply after all this time. Because I had forgot all about this post.

See Psalms 149-150 @ http://www.BibleGateway.org

Psalm 149

1 Praise the LORD. [a]
Sing to the LORD a new song,
his praise in the assembly of the saints.

2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.

3 Let them praise his name with dancing
and make music to him
with tambourine and harp.

4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
he crowns the humble with salvation.

5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.

6 May the praise of God be in their mouths
and a double-edged sword in their hands,

7 to inflict vengeance on the nations
and punishment on the peoples,

8 to bind their kings with fetters,
their nobles with shackles of iron,

9 to carry out the sentence written against them.
This is the glory of all his saints.
Praise the LORD.

Psalm 150

1 Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,

4 praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,

5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD.

As a poet & songwriter/lyricist, I love Psalms - (to contemporary music too!)

MEDLEY FOR THE MASTER

..From Psalm 8, Psalm 24 & Psalm 29.. from the all-Bible-lyrics '70s musical, Yesterday, Today, Forever

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=18869

Psalmsongs: worship music by Sandy Nicholson

Welcome to the Psalmsongs website, featuring worship music by Scottish ... scholar David Mitchell on a project to set the Psalms to contemporary music. ...

http://www.psalmsongs.co.uk - 8k - Cached - More pages from this site

Psalms, Hymns, Spirituals, Contemporary Christian Music Styles

Psalms set to various music styles: hymns, spirituals, contemporary Christian, ... using the Psalms as reset in a contemporary Christian and Jewish music formats. ...

http://www.psalmistry.com/christian_music_styles.htm - 7k - Cached - More pages from this site

God bless!

Ian

I agree with you on all that was said, except one minor thing,

I think we should be mindful of the audience reaction because as worship leaders our job is to connect people to God and if people aren't reacting to our playing or singing in a way that is worshiping God, we aren't doing our job right. So i wouldn't say that we should focus on God so much that we leave our audience behind, that's something we can do on our own if we felt so inclined. My point is, if we are worship leaders, we lead people into worship, and if we don't take into account how people are responding to our leading them, we may be leaving people behind rather than connecting them with God.

Just my 2 cents.

Proximity said:
I agree with you on all that was said, except one minor thing,

I think we should be mindful of the audience reaction because as worship leaders our job is to connect people to God and if people aren't reacting to our playing or singing in a way that is worshiping God, we aren't doing our job right. So i wouldn't say that we should focus on God so much that we leave our audience behind, that's something we can do on our own if we felt so inclined. My point is, if we are worship leaders, we lead people into worship, and if we don't take into account how people are responding to our leading them, we may be leaving people behind rather than connecting them with God.

Just my 2 cents.
Yes we are to connect with the people' but our main objective is God. And when you play and sing in the Spirit, the people get involved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back