Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study The Growth Bible Series: -Live/Die in sin-

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Atonement

I will be offering Bible questions and what I feel are Biblical answers to these questions. Let us study these that we allow ourselves to grow in the Lord. All responses are welcome

Question:

Can a Christian live in sin all his life, die in sin, yet still go to heaven?

My answer:

Some Christians believe that if you are genuinely saved, you are forgiven, and what you do in life makes no difference. Therefore, a Christian can continue in sin and go to heaven when s/he dies because

1 John 1:7 the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin

Some can be turned over to Satan for the destruction of the body, that the soul may be saved.

1Cor. 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

This verse seems to imply that these people lived in sin. or committed a great sin, but went to heaven after they died.

Here is where the rubber meets the road.... I john 3 tells us that anyone who lives in sin is not a child of God....the greek is clear that John is speaking of habitual sin...A child of God will not live in sin, so no that person will not inherit the kingdom of God, because he was never a child of God to begin with....
This is the biggest problem with homosexuality....The lifestyle demands a life of sin, this is why Paul says, these will not inherit the kingdom of God....

As far as 1 cor 5 goes, if there is ''repentance'' and the person does come back to Christ, then truly he was one of Gods sheep....Had he been a goat, he would not have come back and having been giving his choice to choose darkness rather than light, Jesus will not go get him because he is not his...He belongs to the devil, by his own choice...

jgredline said:
Here is where the rubber meets the road.... I john 3 tells us that anyone who lives in sin is not a child of God....the greek is clear that John is speaking of habitual sin...A child of God will not live in sin, so no that person will not inherit the kingdom of God, because he was never a child of God to begin with....
This is the biggest problem with homosexuality....The lifestyle demands a life of sin, this is why Paul says, these will not inherit the kingdom of God....

As far as 1 cor 5 goes, if there is ''repentance'' and the person does come back to Christ, then truly he was one of Gods sheep....Had he been a goat, he would not have come back and having been giving his choice to choose darkness rather than light, Jesus will not go get him because he is not his...He belongs to the devil, by his own choice...

I agree actually, after doing more studing on this topic I found that I might have jumped the gun on my response to my own question.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back