Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Hidden Language Of The Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I said
There is a much better way of knowing. Just read the OP. If someone is sent by God they will answer with verses. And the true believers will not resist them. Only the Pharisees are the ones who resist the verses as a final authority.

Again, I don’t see where you mentioned that.

Maybe you are more spiritual than the Apostle Paul.

The New Testament pattern for the Holy Spirit sending out Paul is in scripture for you to resist or not.

As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. Acts 13:2-3

The biblical way that Paul was sent out by the Holy Spirit was through the leadership.

JLB

Again, I don’t see where you mentioned that.

Maybe you are more spiritual than the Apostle Paul.

The New Testament pattern for the Holy Spirit sending out Paul is in scripture for you to resist or not.

As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, having fasted and prayed, and laid hands on them, they sent them away. Acts 13:2-3

The biblical way that Paul was sent out by the Holy Spirit was through the leadership.

JLB

I said
You are talking about one church that he visited.
This is Paul's calling.

[Gal 1:1, 3, 6-7, 10-12, 15-19
[1] Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), ...
[3] Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, ...
[6] I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
[7] which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. ...
[10] For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
[11] But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
[12] For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught [it], but [it came] through the revelation of Jesus Christ. ...
[15] But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] through His grace,
[16] to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
[17] nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. [18] Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
[19] But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

[Gal 2:1-2
[1] Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with [me]. [2] And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

I said
Now where do you think the idea that "anyone can quote scriptures"? If that were so dont you think that you would be doing that right now.

Even Satan quotes scripture in order to destroy faith like that of Matthew 4:5, 6 which comes from Psalms 91:11, 12.
Satan knows the scriptures better then any of us as he distorts them and misinterprets them.

Here are a few scriptures he misquotes from as he causes others to believe false teachings:
Proverbs 15:6 justifies the accumulation of wealth in a world of hunger
2 Thessalonians 3:10 abolishes charity
Romans 9:16 makes Evangelism superfluous
1 Timothy 2:4 means God is not sovereign in conversation
John 10:28 means a Christian can do whatever they want to do and is still saved
Hebrews 6:4-6 there is no security and assurance for God's elect

The word of God is the sword of the Spirit, Ephesians 6:17. Anyone can quote it as even Jesus quoted from the OT in many of His teachings, but Jesus knew the scriptures as being God's true word just as Satan does. The difference though is that Satan twist them for our own destruction as he is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

All I can do is feel sorry for them.

I thought you had crucified all your emotions??? ⬇️

I walked after this Holy Spirit that I am witnessing about for eleven years and crucified all my emotions.

This is Paul's calling.

Actually those verses do not mention “calling” but these do:

Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised previously through his prophets in the holy scriptures, concerning his Son, who was born a descendant of David according to the flesh, who was declared Son of God in power according to the Holy Spirit by the resurrection from the dead of Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship for the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles on behalf of his name, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:1-6 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Romans 1:1-6&version=LEB

Notice:
1. that the “gospel of God”, Paul later calls the gospel of Christ (1 Cor 9:22). Yet another proof that Jesus Christ is God, namely The Son. The Son of God.

2. Paul’s audience (all the saints in Rome) “also are called ones of Christ”.

3. There is no hidden language here.

Even Satan quotes scripture in order to destroy faith like that of Matthew 4:5, 6 which comes from Psalms 91:11, 12.
Satan knows the scriptures better then any of us as he distorts them and misinterprets them.

Here are a few scriptures he misquotes from as he causes others to believe false teachings:
Proverbs 15:6 justifies the accumulation of wealth in a world of hunger
2 Thessalonians 3:10 abolishes charity
Romans 9:16 makes Evangelism superfluous
1 Timothy 2:4 means God is not sovereign in conversation
John 10:28 means a Christian can do whatever they want to do and is still saved
Hebrews 6:4-6 there is no security and assurance for God's elect

The word of God is the sword of the Spirit, Ephesians 6:17. Anyone can quote it as even Jesus quoted from the OT in many of His teachings, but Jesus knew the scriptures as being God's true word just as Satan does. The difference though is that Satan twist them for our own destruction as he is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. 18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

I said
Satan quotes old testament. If satan quoted new testament his kingdom would be divided. Satan only has authority in the old testament .

[Mar 3:24-26
[24] "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
[25] "And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
[26] "And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end.

I said
I hope you dont take this the wrong way. But there are carnal dictionaries that society uses. Like websters, funk and wagnal, heritage . But if your going to study the bible you need a bible dictionary like nelsons, or strongs dictionary. You wont get the same definition of words in the carnal dictionaries. The bible dictionaries go much deeper in understanding. And the revelations of Jesus Christ go much deeper than the bible dictionaries.

Little do you know that Noah Webster who wrote the dictionary was a Christian and one of the founding fathers in America. I already said you will not find the actual word Trinity in his dictionary and in the Bible, but have given you the scriptures where Jesus is not only the Son of God, but also the I AM, Alpha and Omega, but you refuse to read them or maybe it's because you do not understand them. This is why this is called the Bible Study part of the forums as we take what is given and go study those scriptures through the Holy Spirit so we can Spiritually discern truth from error. We are only trying to teach you, but your heart is hardened to only believe that of your one man island learning.

I for one am concerned for your very soul on the day of judgement when you give an account for what you have taught that comes against the scriptures. None of the Prophets or Apostles were a one man island as they were taught first before that of what they have written within their witness and testifying of Christ. Yes, even Christ as He is throughout all the OT and NT.

I said
Satan quotes old testament. If satan quoted new testament his kingdom would be divided. Satan only has authority in the old testament .

[Mar 3:24-26
[24] "If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
[25] "And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
[26] "And if Satan has risen up against himself, and is divided, he cannot stand, but has an end.

I gave you just some of the NT scriptures that Satan twist in an effort to steal our faith.

You are doing the same by those scriptures in Mark 3:24-26. If you go back to verse 22 you read it is the scribes that blaspheme Jesus saying He has Beelzebub (Satan) in Him and by Satan's power is casting out demons. Then Jesus called them to Him and asked them how can Satan cast out Satan and how can Satan's kingdom be divided against itself as that kingdom can not stand. Then Jesus goes further in saying how can a house being divided against itself stand as it will fall apart. Satan can not rise up against himself. This is a lesson about the unpardonable sin.

Little do you know that Noah Webster who wrote the dictionary was a Christian and one of the founding fathers in America. I already said you will not find the actual word Trinity in his dictionary and in the Bible, but have given you the scriptures where Jesus is not only the Son of God, but also the I AM, Alpha and Omega, but you refuse to read them or maybe it's because you do not understand them. This is why this is called the Bible Study part of the forums as we take what is given and go study those scriptures through the Holy Spirit so we can Spiritually discern truth from error. We are only trying to teach you, but your heart is hardened to only believe that of your one man island learning.

I for one am concerned for your very soul on the day of judgement when you give an account for what you have taught that comes against the scriptures. None of the Prophets or Apostles were a one man island as they were taught first before that of what they have written within their witness and testifying of Christ. Yes, even Christ as He is throughout all the OT and NT.

I said
Sorry not so.

THE I AM DELUSION

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

I said
Sorry not so.

THE I AM DELUSION

Matt 16:13-17
13 When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"
14 So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
17 Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
John 7:39-43
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?
42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?
43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 7:51-52
51 Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?
52 They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and look: for out of Galilee ariseth no prophet.
John 8:1-2
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
John 8:16-18
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:21
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23-24
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 8:28-29
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
(KJV)
xxx Jesus was teaching in the temple and they were questioning Him on whether or not He was the Christ. Then they all went home and came back the next day to question Him some more. When Jesus told them: you will die in your sins if you do not believe that I am He. Then in verse 58 Jesus was telling them that even before Abraham that I am . But they picked up stones to throw at Him so they cut Jesus off in the middle of His sentance and Jesus got out of there. Jesus was claiming that" I AM He" the Christ. Jesus was not claiming He was God.
verse 24 and 28 Jesus said it, I am he. Jesus was saying He was the Christ that they were speaking of in John 7-41. But in is obvious why they didnt understand from John 7-39 they havent received the Holy Spirit yet. And even today many do not know the Spirit and get deceived in the verses.

You can call it "The I Am Delusion" because you know not who I AM is. These verses you give only shows Jesus stating I am he as being Jesus who the Prophets prophesied of His coming. Yet you refuse those scriptures I gave you in post #14 as Jesus stating He is the "I AM as being Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. You can't cherry pick verses and throw the rest away that do not line up with your theories. One has to have the full context of the OT and NT in order to understand the Spiritual wisdom the Holy Spirit teaches us.

Paul only knew Torah as he studied it under Gamaliel who taught him the law before his conversion, but it was through Christ that taught him for three years before sending Him on His journeys to the Gentiles. It's the same today as Christ teaches us apart from mans doctrines and theories. If you understood the Trinity you would see the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God by those scriptures I gave you. Jesus is the light, being the very word of God, but darkness blinds those from the light of the world, John 1:1-14.

I said
You are talking about one church that he visited.
This is Paul's calling.

[1] Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), ...
[3] Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, ...
[6] I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
[7] which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. ...
[10] For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
[11] But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
[12] For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught [it], but [it came] through the revelation of Jesus Christ. ...
[15] But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called [me] through His grace,
[16] to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,
[17] nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those [who were] apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. [18] Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.
[19] But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

[Gal 2:1-2
[1] Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with [me]. [2] And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.

I’m talking about Paul’s ministry as an Apostle, being sent out by the Holy Spirit for that work.

I’m showing from the scriptures how aPaul was sent out by the Holy Spirit.

Not what Paul taught and how he learned what he taught, but how the Holy Spirit sent Paul out as an Apostle for the work he was called to do.

The Holy Spirit sent Paul through the leadership.

• the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them

You really seem to be resisting what the scriptures say about this.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back