Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Holy Spirit must be a Person

Real quick before I respond. Wouldn't it be understood as "in the name of God." (Fullest revealed name being Jesus) end quote. Or basic english remove prepositional phrases (of the father, of the son and of the holy ghost) stop at name and you still have a complete sentence. Name singular referring to Jesus. Beside the faith doesn't lie in the Titles He holds it lies in His name Jesus.

One can use name and authority of, but there is also an indication that when I say, "In the name of Yeshua," I am speaking under the power of his reputation. It comes from an understanding of YHWH in the Tanakh making a name/reputation for himself in the very splashy work in getting the Israelites out of Egypt. Before that time, YHWH was known only to the Patriarchs (Adam to Noach then through Shem to Abraham, Isaac, and Yacob.)

Nicely put.

When not plainly pointed out, Jews have a nasty tendency to cast out their Messianic Brothers, even if not clinging to a Trinitarian viewpoint. They think we are Idolators, and have converted to the various versions of the Catholic Church.

Messianic Jews don't convert to Christianity, despite all the rumors to the contrary . . . we merely acknowledge Yeshua haMashiach for who he is, YHWH tabernacling in a tent of flesh.

Of course, it is the rare Jew that actually studies the Brit Chadashah until tapped on the shoulder by haRuach haKodesh. And so one prays for them to be called, and to be kept alive until they are.
"WE" merely acknowledge... ?
Why does your avatar show you are Christian ?

Back