Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Holy Spirit

th1b.taylor

There is a very disturbing trend in the Christian family today, even more disturbing than our prominent inability to get along. When we read the Book of The Acts of The Apostles we see that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Holy Trinity, descended upon them. As we read the letters we also see that when Gentiles were saved, the Spirit descended upon them also. And as a Christian Teacher in a Southern Baptist Church, I know and I teach that when a man or a woman are saved, they are indwelt by the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit.

I have had folks, proclaiming to be saved, both in class and on the Internet tell me that not everyone can be as holy as I am! I always have and still do teach that I have no righteousness in me without the Imputed Righteousness of my Savior. If I am only found to be righteous through Him then it follows that without Him I have no holiness either. Now, if we flip this around and examine my condition carefully, in light of the revealed nature of God, in the scriptures, we see that any saved man or woman will have the same Holy Spirit to lead their lives.

I was recently informed, by an eighty-three year old "ex-pastor?†who is also an exprof that taught the Bible, that I should never hit him with "this HS Stuff,†when explaining why I had posted a message or I had stated a specific thing in a message. His explanation, as I recall, is that he had both preached and taught the Bible and he knew better!

As we all should know, God does not force any to do anything, evidenced by the fact that His perfect will is that None should perish (2Pet. 3:9) but that all should come to repentance and be saved and yet we know that the penalty for sin and failing to repent of it is death. (Rom. 6:23) And then we are taught by Jesus that there are two ways to live our lives and these are represented by the wide and the narrow gates. (Matt. 7:13) For, even the newest Christian, Hell is a real place and because they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit of God they will understand and affirm the teaching that the Second Death. (Rev. 20:14-15)

So, because we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit when we are saved we have a choice to make, we can follow His leading or, because God is not a cosmic bully, as some have suggested, we can deny Him and not be saved but still call ourselves Christian and no matter the good works we perform, work ourselves into Hell.

I will be rebuked by folks because of this message but it does not matter, the truth of the scriptures is just that, the truth! Many teachers, in and out of the church, are not God's teachers but are motivated by the all mighty dollar and any number of other purposes and they are very busy leading the deluded into Hell. In the scriptures we see Paul applauding the Bereans for their diligence. They accepted nothing that he taught without checking him and his teaching against the Bible! Today, it is no less important than it was then to test another's teaching against the scriptures and to rely on our memory to accomplish this is a Fool's Folly! One's memory is frail and easily deceived.

My prayer is that you take this message to heart. May God bless each of you abundantly.

Part one:

Hello friend! I almost missed this. Maybe it should be in the Theology section? Hope that my reply is also found. But there are some that see things some what correct at least, huh?

OK: We want only the Word of God FACTS! Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16 'EVERY WORD' + 'ALL SCRIPTURE'.. the false stuff of Jer. 17:5's arm of women er'man's flesh just obliterate! (deaf ear)

And We want MANKIND, not just the Jew. From Gen. 3:15 on through to Rev. 22.

John 3. Christ says...
[1] There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
[2] The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

OK: Fact or fixtion? THINK! There is No way to be [in the kingdom of God unless one has been Born Again] Christ stated! FACT! And we find that every single one of the Heb. 11 ones will be in the Kingdom of God, they [All Died In The Faith]. It takes NO spiritual brain power to find that Christ stated that these ones were REQUIRED to be Born Again then, does it?!

Man, because of Adam's sin was destined to Eternal death. Mankind [all] needed rebirth to be saved! To be Born Again! Let's look around at God's WORD. In Isa 63...

[10] But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
[11] Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him? ( see Acts 7:37-38)

Another of GOD'S Word...
Dan. 4 ..
[18] This dream I king Nebuchadnezzar have seen. Now thou, O Belteshazzar, declare the interpretation thereof, forasmuch as all the wise men of my kingdom are not able to make known unto me the interpretation: but thou art able; [for the spirit] of the holy gods [is in] thee.
+ Dan. 5..
[10] Now the queen, by reason of the words of the king and his lords, came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed:
[11] There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him; whom the king Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers;

(it is amazing how the heathen know this, yet Christians believe it not!???)

Yet another in Eze. 18..
[30] Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
[31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
[32] For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

(and these were the ones of the O.T.! that would have a new heart + NEW SPIRIT 'IF' they to had of OBEYED as in Acts 5:32 & were then IN CHRIST as seen in Rom. 8:1 and then died as in the Heb. 11:13 Faith!

Another of the Godheads Words...
Eze. 2
[1] And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
[2] And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

Another from Inspiration..
Eze 3
[22] And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee.
[23] Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.
[24] Then [the spirit entered into] me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house.

And the ones of Gen. 6 He could not get [INTO!]..

(part two follows)

Part two: By Elijah

[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

(nor can He get into the Rev. 17:1-5 ones which are Prophesied way past any 120 years of His Striving to enter into them as a church fold.)

And lets not miss King Saul who started out humble & excellent, but ended up sadly....

1 Sam.
[6] And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, (first) and thou shalt prophesy with them, and [shalt be] turned into another man.
[7] And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee.
[8] And thou shalt go down before me to Gilgal; and, behold, I will come down unto thee, to offer burnt offerings, and to sacrifice sacrifices of peace offerings: seven days shalt thou tarry, till I come to thee, and shew thee what thou shalt do.
[9] And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him [another heart]: and all those signs came to pass that day.

(his first heart transplant! Born Again.. NEW HEART & NEW BIRTH! And then we see the Sin Against the Holy Ghost recorded in the end. 1 Sam. 16:14's removal of the Holy Spirit

And there is a sharp change from the Born Again operation as far as being in just a central location. He was isolated to where God/Christ was located because of Adam's lost domain to satan. And was not Omnipresent until Christ went back into heaven & God sent the Holy Spirit back to Uplift Christ Himself. (not the Holy Spirit Himself) It was then that we see the New Covenant plan consummated, but not FINISHED yet, as some falsely teach. (or why have Christ as our High Priest? and if you are OSAS why are you not yet made physically whole as was the lame man who was forgiven? 'Pick up your bed, arise and walk, thy sins are forgiven thee.' ???)

And the prophet Micah??
Micah 3...
[5] Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.
[6] Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.

[7] Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.
[8] But truly I (Micah) am full of power [by the spirit] of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

(and what are you hearing today????? Rom. 8:14? NO BORN AGAIN ONES ON THE EARTH before Acts! + the Rev. 17:1-5's mumbo jumbo of false doctrines who are all OSAS IMMORTAL SPIRIT brothers!)

But NO, not before very long now, we will know who it is that will follow the Holy Spirit's LEADING & who will follow another 'spirit'! The one who claim's only believe will be found to only believe! John 12:42-43.

--Elijah

Since you are in a Baptist church, you may want to assess your presence there. They do not believe that what occured at Pentecost is for today. Those things passed away at some time but they can't tell you just when.

I'm not trying to down the Baptists for what they believe. I am saying that you might want to decide whether or not you believe what they believe.

Since you are in a Baptist church, you may want to assess your presence there. They do not believe that what occured at Pentecost is for today. Those things passed away at some time but they can't tell you just when.

I'm not trying to down the Baptists for what they believe. I am saying that you might want to decide whether or not you believe what they believe.
since you did not quote nor did you direct your post with the mention of a name it is impossible to answer with any clarity... care to clarify?

Back