Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Holy Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

th1b.taylor

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } A:link { so-language: zxx } --> </style> Act 10:44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word.
Act 10:45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.
Act 10:46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared,
Act 10:47 "Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?"
Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]As I prepare for my transition from this life into the eternal life, my greatest joy is to see the interest in the Holy Spirit. My daughter says that I type in a very large font, and that is true because the cataracts in my eyes play tricks with my vision and yet I am a blessed man. As we can clearly see from the passage in Acts 10, when a man, woman or child is saved, they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit.[/FONT]

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]The day I was saved was the first truly happy day of my life and I knew right then that I never wanted to lose that joy. Now, I know that I am a rather strange person because I joined the Army instead of being drafted and since my personal hero, my stepfather, was a War Hero, I wanted to be just like Him and that was during the period when everyone grumbled about the required two years of military service and I happily signed up for a three year contract and two years and three months into it I extended with a new contract for six years from that date to insure I would serve overseas, in Europe.[/FONT]

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]Even after I became disheartened with the Military I served two more years and set the example for men to follow. I had made a contract and contracts are to be followed, especially by a Christian. As I see it, two things happen at Salvation that completely change the Christians life. First of all, before you are Baptized, you are over come by the Holy Spirit. Your very being is indwelt with and by the Holy Spirit making the Baptism the first Christian Ordinance you should follow because it is an action by you for the community surrounding you to see. It is nothing more than an ordinance that you demonstrate your obedience to your new Master with.[/FONT]

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]The second change should be that you have submitted yourself to the leading of the Spirit of God. It is not usually written on paper, in this realm, for us to see, I wish it was, but you have made a contract with God! You have not only become a citizen of Heaven but you have joined the Army of God! You have a Local Commander, the Holy Spirit, and a Supreme Commander, God the Father. The usual thing for a New Christian to do is to go AWOL, Absent With Out Leave! This happens when you quench the Holy Spirit.[/FONT]

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]Unlike the Army of the US, when you go AWOL during a war, you are not sentenced to death when you return. The moment you become or became a Christian you were and are at war with the forces of evil in this world. But God is the God of New Beginnings and the moment you turn back, repent, you are forgiven and reinstated to your position in the Kingdom and the Army.[/FONT]

[FONT=Droid Serif, serif]My prayer is that this message reaches out and restores as well as attracts new Christian Soldiers.[/FONT]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back