Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Left is coming for us; Easter becomes blaphemous

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi King Dan of Great the 1st

Well, I think as it stands now, the whole earth is a community for straight people. The other sexually confused folks create little pockets within it.

God bless,
Ted

But something should be inclusive otherwise it should be kept private. Thats why im not understanding the rainbow that represents LGBT+. I have to he clear im not generqlising or speaking about LGBT+ people as individuals.

Why is a straight person forced to look at and walk across a rainbow crossing in public if they are not included and its only represents specific people?.

Or like the 90yo who lost her job in the article above for not using pronouns, told she wa not being inclusive enough yet shes not included in the rainbow community, yet is forced to be more inclusive to the rainbow community. It makes no sense.

Why is a straight person forced to look at and walk across a rainbow crossing in public if they are not included and its only represents specific people?.
Because it doesn't harm them in any way at all, while it also shows LGBTQs, a historically oppressed group (oftentimes brutally so) that they are safe and accepted in the community.

I mean seriously dude....should I be upset when I see St. Patrick's Day decorations? I'm not Irish, so why am I forced to look at all those clovers and such? :rolleyes

Because it doesn't harm them in any way at all, while it also shows LGBTQs, a historically oppressed group (oftentimes brutally so) that they are safe and accepted in the community.

I mean seriously dude....should I be upset when I see St. Patrick's Day decorations? I'm not Irish, so why am I forced to look at all those clovers and such? :rolleyes

There is no law that discriminates against LGBT+. Well not where i live. Gays stood up for there right to equal marriage and got that, aside from that, there is no law or anything that discriminates or has less rights for anyone, and everyone has there right to live how and with who they want.

Thats different from maybe some people, i wouldnt say many, who maybe are actural bullies and intentionaly pick on and give LGBT people a hard time.

I live by a simple set of rules. Yiu be iind to me and i will be kind to you. I dont care if someone is gay, trans, gender confused. Kind to me im kind to you, im kind to you be kind to me. Identify has nothing to do with anything.

There is no law that discriminates against LGBT+. Well not where i live. Gays stood up for there right to equal marriage and got that, aside from that, there is no law or anything that discriminates or has less rights for anyone, and everyone has there right to live how and with who they want.

Thats different from maybe some people, i wouldnt say many, who maybe are actural bullies and intentionaly pick on and give LGBT people a hard time.
And there's no law against the Irish either.

And there's no law against the Irish either.

I just question things and also ask questions. I dont have a problem myself with a rainbow or LGBT, i just questioned why straight people could not be included in the rainbow and LGBT+ if it claims inclusion and expects those not included to include them and adress them by the correct pronouns for example.

Or why in public place there is a rainbow crossing for everyone if it only represents a few people in society.

My intent is not to offend but to question everything to try get more understanding behind it.

You said it can help people feel safer, and thats a good thing, but i do ask what makes LGbT+ people feel insecure?, i mean i go everywhere with a dude friend of mine, we could be gay for all anyone knows and i dont feel less safe. Maybe its more gay people are hesitant to show affection in public and feel they may get discriminated against by some people or something so it effects there lives because of past oppression, i can understand that, im guesing thats why gays have always had gays bars so they all feel safe together and know everyone there is accepting of each other. Thats a good thing. No discrimination.

But the good news is times change and society is way more accepting of LGBT and come to realise they should stay out of other peoples personal and private lives and all people have the equal right to there liberty and pursuit of happyness without interference.

You said it can help people feel safer, and thats a good thing, but i do ask what makes LGbT+ people feel insecure?, i mean i go everywhere with a dude friend of mine, we could be gay for all anyone knows and i dont feel less safe.

I think that it's really very difficult, for someone that doesn't experience such things. It can be hard to see that other people face anger and hate over their personal lives from others. Just as it's very, very difficult for a white person to really know the feelings of fear or injustice that a black man may feel when people call him a monkey or make snide remarks as they walk by saying under their breath, "that nigger...". Now please don't send me all your stories about how some black person called you 'whitey' because generally the reason they would do that is a form of their retaliation. A 10 year old child of color spends his life with the 'good' white boys pushing him around and pushing his nose into the fountain when trying to get a drink... all because he's black. The fear that young child feels when 8-10 rowdy boys get around him and mock him and call him racial names.

I know that I've never had to deal with that in my life. But these things happen in their young lives and the scars of racisim can live and fester within them for many years, even their entire life. So, and I believe that it is much better than it was 50 years ago, there are feelings and emotions that we don't understand because we've never felt them.

True story. I worked for a large telecommunications company as a cable splicer. My group was made up of about 10 of us that went out and completed the various work tasks, and often the work would require two or more people to work together. One day, I was working with a man that was a particularly hate filled man and I knew of his seriously racist attitudes, but since we were working together we broke for lunch and headed to a local fast food restaurant. Once in the restaurant we placed our order and all of the staff behind the counter were people of color. I could literally see the disgust on his face that he even had to speak to them to order his meal. This was long before the ordering from a kiosk that so many such places have today. Then we got our food and went to sit down and the entire conversation, spoken in a fairly loud voice that many of the people around us could surely hear, he begins to talk about the 'niggers' at the counter. How his boys were never going to have to work like those 'niggers' and 'wetbacks'. Just a fairly constant diatribe on 'niggers' and 'wetbacks' ensued.

I pretty quickly gulped down my meal and got up and said, "well, I'll meet you back at the site."

I've never been sitting in a restaurant and heard some black man say things about how he can't stand those 'whiteys' and that his children wouldn't grow up to be like them, just based on the color of their skin. This is a part of what's called empathy. To feel, or at least understand the feelings of others. And to behave appropriately that you aren't an embarrassment and that you aren't tearing people down because of nothing more than the color of their skin.

Now for me, the difference between racial hate and sexual identity hate, is that the color of one's skin is not something they can reasonably do anything about. But yes, while I believe that the struggles people have with their sexual identity is a result of what God's word is telling us in his list of sinful behaviors in the first chapter of Paul's letter to the Roman believers, they still deserve the respect due them as members of the human race. Their minds have been given over to such reprobate behavior, but they are still people with feelings and families and jobs and loves and have the right to live with a certain amount of peace concerning any fear that they will be attacked in public by a group of people telling them that God is love.

God bless,
Ted

I think that it's really very difficult, for someone that doesn't experience such things. It can be hard to see that other people face anger and hate over their personal lives from others. Just as it's very, very difficult for a white person to really know the feelings of fear or injustice that a black man may feel when people call him a monkey or make snide remarks as they walk by saying under their breath, "that nigger...". Now please don't send me all your stories about how some black person called you 'whitey' because generally the reason they would do that is a form of their retaliation. A 10 year old child of color spends his life with the 'good' white boys pushing him around and pushing his nose into the fountain when trying to get a drink... all because he's black. The fear that young child feels when 8-10 rowdy boys get around him and mock him and call him racial names.

I know that I've never had to deal with that in my life. But these things happen in their young lives and the scars of racisim can live and fester within them for many years, even their entire life. So, and I believe that it is much better than it was 50 years ago, there are feelings and emotions that we don't understand because we've never felt them.

True story. I worked for a large telecommunications company as a cable splicer. My group was made up of about 10 of us that went out and completed the various work tasks, and often the work would require two or more people to work together. One day, I was working with a man that was a particularly hate filled man and I knew of his seriously racist attitudes, but since we were working together we broke for lunch and headed to a local fast food restaurant. Once in the restaurant we placed our order and all of the staff behind the counter were people of color. I could literally see the disgust on his face that he even had to speak to them to order his meal. This was long before the ordering from a kiosk that so many such places have today. Then we got our food and went to sit down and the entire conversation, spoken in a fairly loud voice that many of the people around us could surely hear, he begins to talk about the 'niggers' at the counter. How his boys were never going to have to work like those 'niggers' and 'wetbacks'. Just a fairly constant diatribe on 'niggers' and 'wetbacks' ensued.

I pretty quickly gulped down my meal and got up and said, "well, I'll meet you back at the site."

I've never been sitting in a restaurant and heard some black man say things about how he can't stand those 'whiteys' and that his children wouldn't grow up to be like them, just based on the color of their skin. This is a part of what's called empathy. To feel, or at least understand the feelings of others. And to behave appropriately that you aren't an embarrassment and that you aren't tearing people down because of nothing more than the color of their skin.

Now for me, the difference between racial hate and sexual identity hate, is that the color of one's skin is not something they can reasonably do anything about. But yes, while I believe that the struggles people have with their sexual identity is a result of what God's word is telling us in his list of sinful behaviors in the first chapter of Paul's letter to the Roman believers, they still deserve the respect due them as members of the human race. Their minds have been given over to such reprobate behavior, but they are still people with feelings and families and jobs and loves and have the right to live with a certain amount of peace concerning any fear that they will be attacked in public by a group of people telling them that God is love.

God bless,
Ted

I have been called gay and beaten up, i have been racialy discriminated mulitple times and publicallt in front of other people for the color of my skin, and i have been abused for my religious beliefs muliple times. I got beaten up and bullied in school. My first job i was psyhologically abused and tormented.

It took a while for me to learn to swim and stand on my own feet. I dont get tested much anymore, some do but they silenced quickly and i stand ground.

Not long ago it was all my fault because the color of my skin, i was accused in front of many people that i was catching all the fish because of my skin color.

Some dude try test me being racist so i gave him double back exposing his rascim in front of everyone stright to him, i was ready to go and he shut his mouth.

He come my home ground being a racist, apparently the fish in the sea are so racist they will only eat peoples bait depending on the color of there skin.

He had nothing to say when i called him out. All talk but no walk. Everyone thought he was a idiot. But because im a good dude after i shamed and humbled him for being a idiot at my local i gave him advice and i feed his family and gave him a good set up so he can catch because im a local with over 20 years knowledge. Nothing to do with the color of anyones skin. We all family.

Ever since then he we have had a good friendship.

People just cant seem to stand on there own feet. Any group can be strong together, yet get them on there own as individuals they weak.

I have been called gay and beaten up, i have been racialy discriminated mulitple times and publicallt in front of other people for the color of my skin, and i have been abused for my religious beliefs muliple times. I got beaten up and bullied in school. My first job i was psyhologically abused and tormented.

It took a while for me to learn to swim and stand on my own feet. I dont get tested much anymore, some do but they silenced quickly and i stand ground.
Right! And your testimony I guess is that everyone understands your pains and fears and they all relate well with you and you have no problems living your life.

You see, your testimony is exactly what I'm talking about. The literally billions of us who have never faced such an issue of life struggle often aren't able to empathize with you on your problems and complaints that you've lived through, but they never have.

Thanks for the support, Dan.

God bless,
Ted

I dont have a problem myself with a rainbow or LGBT, i just questioned why straight people could not be included in the rainbow and LGBT+ if it claims inclusion and expects those not included to include them and adress them by the correct pronouns for example.
Who said they can't be? I don't know of any examples of a straight person wanting to join a LGBTQ group and being denied.

Or why in public place there is a rainbow crossing for everyone if it only represents a few people in society.
It's a way for a community to let a marginalized group know that the community is safe for them and supportive.

My intent is not to offend but to question everything to try get more understanding behind it.

what makes LGbT+ people feel insecure?
Centuries of oppression, hate, and bigotry.

Maybe its more gay people are hesitant to show affection in public and feel they may get discriminated against by some people or something so it effects there lives because of past oppression, i can understand that, im guesing thats why gays have always had gays bars so they all feel safe together and know everyone there is accepting of each other. Thats a good thing. No discrimination.
Exactly.

But the good news is times change and society is way more accepting of LGBT and come to realise they should stay out of other peoples personal and private lives and all people have the equal right to there liberty and pursuit of happyness without interference.
Very well said. :thumb

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back