Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Lord Loves You

E

elijah23

I am always hearing people say the Lord is vengeful and will torture most people forever in hell.

This is not true. The Lord loves us. He will discipline us when we misbehave, but he does that for our own good, knowing what kind of trouble we will get ourselves into if we don’t repent of our sin.

I am always hearing people say the Lord is vengeful and will torture most people forever in hell.

This is not true. The Lord loves us. He will discipline us when we misbehave, but he does that for our own good, knowing what kind of trouble we will get ourselves into if we don’t repent of our sin.
I have really never heard a christian say that the Lord is vengeful and will torture most people in hell. I have heard christians say that there is a lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels and that all who are not forgiven of sins through faith in Christ will end up there.

I have really never heard a christian say that the Lord is vengeful and will torture most people in hell. I have heard christians say that there is a lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels and that all who are not forgiven of sins through faith in Christ will end up there.

How long will they be held there?

Are you espousing universalism then?

How long will they be held there?

Forever. Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (KJV)

Forever. Revelation 20:10 "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." (KJV)

The devil, the beast, and the false prophet. I wasn’t really thinking of these three. I was thinking of your average human being. Even so, I will ask, is the Lord unable to rescue these three from the lake of fire?

The devil, the beast, and the false prophet. I wasn’t really thinking of these three. I was thinking of your average human being. Even so, I will ask, is the Lord unable to rescue these three from the lake of fire?

The beast and false prophet represent real people. The question isn't whether He CAN rescue them. Of course He can. The question is WILL He rescue them. And the answer is no. God has made no provision for salvation for fallen angels and for humans He has set the requirement of faith. If you don't meet the requirement you won't be saved. God could still save you but He won't.

One of the biggest myths in the world is that God Loves all men without exception..Scripture never says that..

I think the bible is saying that the love of God is EXTENDED to all men without exception. In order to actually enter into the love of God an individual must accept Christ as Savior. I suppose in a broad sense, God does love humanity because Jesus said that "God so loved the world". It is a little hard to explain because the world is in rebellion toward God and in a state of condemnation. Of course we all came out of the world and we would not be saved if God had not extended His love toward us while we were yet sinners and in the world.

One of the biggest myths in the world is that God Loves all men without exception..Scripture never says that..

Mat 9:13 Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Mat 5:7 "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

Rom 11:33 Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

Rom 11:34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?"

I hope that one day we will ALL come to realize that God is beyond our understanding. We say He does this....we say He does that....when all along He desires us to get along with one another, not judging what His purposes are for another.

Jam 2:13 For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Scripture never says He does not love all mankind either....

Exactly what is meant by faith? Do you believe that ultimately everyone winds up in heaven was my question.

Heaven, I believe, is the state of mind that descends on us when we repent of our sin.

We will all “go†to heaven if we all repent of our sin. Only those who repent of their sin will “go†heaven.

The beast and false prophet represent real people. The question isn't whether He CAN rescue them. Of course He can. The question is WILL He rescue them. And the answer is no. God has made no provision for salvation for fallen angels and for humans He has set the requirement of faith. If you don't meet the requirement you won't be saved. God could still save you but He won't.

Paul speaks or working out our own salvation. I believe this is done by repenting of our sin. If we repent of our sin, there is no reason for any of us to be in the lake of fire.

Its apparent God does not love all by reading rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Whose going to ignore God's word and say God Loved Esau ?

The Lord needs to discipline us when we sin. Once we repent of our sin, everything is okay.

Oh we could sit here and argue because there are verses like John 3:16 that state otherwise. But you would say that it doesn't mean what it says. Then I would say that the verse you quoted doesn't mean what it says.

The debate would go on and on.

So it boils down to one 'man' against another 'man'.

Doesn't seem worth it to me.

If you want to sit in judgment so be it.

I will choose mercy.

The Lord loves us all and will discipline each of us for our own good.

Dear friends, John 3:16 says that Jesus Christ loves the world, and that means that He loves all men (all human beings) without exception. There is no person who is not included in the term "the world", and Christ's blood expiates (propitiates) the sins of all (1 John 2:2). His blood requires faith in Him, so that only those who believe in Him (John 3:16 again) are saved. Not all people believe in Christ. But Jesus Christ loves all people. That is what the Bible says. No Calvinism anywhere in Scripture. In Erie PA Scott Harrington

scott:

Dear friends, John 3:16 says that Jesus Christ loves the world, and that means that He loves all men (all human beings) without exception.

No it does not mean that. Rom 9:

John 3 16 is speaking about the scope of Gods Love, that it includes jews and gentiles...

Back