Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Magi, Who are they? Revisited

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was surfing through previous discussions. And I found the Magi discussion. I would like to post an idea that is not new to me. But it may be new to many of you. It may have been mentioned in that thread. I am not sure.

The Magi were men from the East. These men may have come from what was at that time called the Parthian Empire. The Parthians don't get a whole lot of press because of our European Roman roots. These Parthians were the other big kid on the block. About 100 years before Jesus was crucified, they beat the pants off of the Romans in a battle.

What is interesting about these Parthians is that they had a lot of Jews living amongst them. This is because the Persian empire became the Parthian empire. Some Jews went back to Israel from Persia. Many more stayed where they were.

It is believed that Daniel started a school in Parthia. And these "Jewish" Magi were schooled by the teachings of Daniel. They were not astrologers in the magic sense. They were astronomers. This explains why they both had an interest in the stars and the coming of Messiah.

These Magi came looking for the baby Messiah. When they came in to town, the whole of Jerusalem went in to fear. Why would this be? Because they were Parthians. Jerusalem was under Roman rule. And my bet is that these Magi came with a huge contingent of men and supplies.

I also believe that these Parthian Jews helped keep YHWH's promise to David. He promised David that there would always be a descendent of David on the throne. While in captivity, the Persians would have an under-King represent each of the peoples who they had brought back to Persia. The Jewish people most likely had an under-King. I am betting that each was descended from King David.

Would love to see others' thoughts and ideas.

Blessings,

YP

I had no idea about the theory of Daniel creating a school in the Parthian empire thats pretty cool I wish had more input on the topic. It is true though that the victors record the history that we have and you can bet the victor only gives there side of the story its truly amazing how much history is twisted from the truth. I think ill major in history in the coming kingdom. :study :idea

Back