Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The misconception of "the missing links"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I re-opened the thread thinking that it would right itself and get back on topic. Try not to prove me wrong here.

One more observation. I will make a statement, then am told "I never heard that before, where did you hear this, prove it". I then will reply with how or where and who. Then the reply back is, remember, from someone who never heard it before and was not aware of it, answers with who said what, how it was done, when, info on it and so on. I am then told by the person how I must have got it from a quick look at a website or reading it in a magazine discounting any credibility to the statement I made in doing so. If the person had never heard it before or knew about it then how did they get their info so quick and become so informed on the subject in such a short time period? Unless they did what I am accused of doing. Double standards applied
or something else happening? I could reply with plenty to being accused of being foolish or dishonest all of which would be true, but I don't, I stick to the forum rules which I agreed to. Whether or not I am as so called learned as others or not, I still plug away in faith and as a faithful servant of Christ. Standing for what my faith says is true. Do I not have the right to defend my faith because I never went to college or university? Can I only do so if I did? By the standards of many here the answer is no I don't. But not my by Lords standards and it is His standards being the only I will observe. The things I believe are also the things that many learned and wise men do also, not just me.

One more observation. I will make a statement, then am told "I never heard that before, where did you hear this, prove it".

That's the bane of arguments. If you make an assertion, someone will ask you to back it up. If you can't, it doesn't mean it's false. It just means that it won't be accepted as true.

We've all done that at one time or another. But if we can't back it up, it's not surprising that it won't be accepted. That's how it works.

Whether or not I am as so called learned as others or not, I still plug away in faith and as a faithful servant of Christ.

Me too. And that's a pretty good consolation, even when I can't show what I know to be true, is true.

Standing for what my faith says is true. Do I not have the right to defend my faith because I never went to college or university?

If your ideas about evolution are based on faith, then you really can't be criticized; faith is your understanding of God's revelations to us. But of course, science isn't based on faith.

If you want to discuss science, then you'll be expected to provide evidence for your beliefs about science. It's a tough game, but it works better than anything else we can do to understand the physical universe.

Unless you guys are the missing links this thread is not about you.
Very politely you have been asked to stay on topic.
If i was the moderator for this thread i would close it and leave it closed..
Keep it on topic and start acting like men instead of school boys. reba

The list of "missing links" from the time I was 18, which are no longer missing:

• between Austrolopithecines and modern humans
  • between early anapsids and turtles
  • between fish and tetrapods
  • between ungulates and whales
  • between primitive hymenopterans and ants
  • between lizards and snakes
  • between dinosaurs and birds
  • (long list)

The point is, it's always dangerous to assume that fossils don't exist because we haven't found them, yet. In retrospect, I see that such assumptions have eventually always been found to be wrong.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back