Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Muppets sadistic origins...

Pizzaguy

Between 1957 and 1961 Jim Henson produced over 100 TV commercials ...

[video=youtube;-Ky7g1lgTwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky7g1lgTwc&feature[/video]

We've come a long way, such "Violence" today would not be allowed. Scantily clad high school girls ARE allowed, but not comical (and harmless) "violence".

LOL, that was funny and I definitely didn't know that about Jim Henson's start

We've come a long way, such "Violence" today would not be allowed. Scantily clad high school girls ARE allowed, but not comical (and harmless) "violence".

I'm not sure that it wouldn't be 'allowed', but I do believe that if it were tried today there'd most protest ... big protest ... and boycotts ... and talking head debates ... and celebrities would gather in support against ...

Okay, your right ... it wouldn't be allowed!

Nu

LOL. That was funny. I think only the handgun part in the head would raise a few eyebrows and could cause outcries today because of high crime violence. The other stuff I remember seeing on the Muppets. For example, who was that guy who always blew things up? Crazy Harry or something like that?

I don't know...I think Mark is right and that blowing up the guy or shooting him in the head, or even threatening him with le guillotine, wouldn't fly and the corporation would get a lot of heat.

But, yeah, scantily clad women, blatant sexual situations, all OK.

I've always wondered about this...people are so adamant that we need to roll back the violence because "kids are so influenced" by it...and yet, no one seems to see a connection between the overt sexual situations that permeate, not just advertising, but just about everything on TV and high teen pregnancy rates, high std rates, etc. etc. If kids can be influenced by violent images, why not sexual images?

Yes the early days of TV drinking was promoted cigarette smoking was promoted. Husband and wife slept in twin beds on TV. Leave it to Beaver's dad Ward would mow the lawn in a Brooks Brothers suit.On Bewitched they drank booze for everything and I mean everything.

I don't know...I think Mark is right and that blowing up the guy or shooting him in the head, or even threatening him with le guillotine, wouldn't fly and the corporation would get a lot of heat.

But, yeah, scantily clad women, blatant sexual situations, all OK.

I've always wondered about this...people are so adamant that we need to roll back the violence because "kids are so influenced" by it...and yet, no one seems to see a connection between the overt sexual situations that permeate, not just advertising, but just about everything on TV and high teen pregnancy rates, high std rates, etc. etc. If kids can be influenced by violent images, why not sexual images?

Parents refuse to allow their children to see a glimpse of violence, but as soon as they are teenagers parents will spend hundreds of dollars to buy them the most violent and horrific video games to date.

Double standard!

Between 1957 and 1961 Jim Henson produced over 100 TV commercials ...

[video=youtube;-Ky7g1lgTwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky7g1lgTwc&feature[/video]

Television has to keep up with the internet for viewership so as long as the internet is a free for all TV will continue it's insidious demise. I don't like that puppets which automatically get children's attention are so voilent I don't see the humor (maybe because I am a woman) in it. well maybe a little;)

Yes the early days of TV drinking was promoted cigarette smoking was promoted. Husband and wife slept in twin beds on TV. Leave it to Beaver's dad Ward would mow the lawn in a Brooks Brothers suit.On Bewitched they drank booze for everything and I mean everything.

some dr's even told you cigarette's were good for your health.. Today we are told that 1 drink a day is good for your health but not to overdue that. crazy

Parents refuse to allow their children to see a glimpse of violence, but as soon as they are teenagers parents will spend hundreds of dollars to buy them the most violent and horrific video games to date.

Double standard!

honestly I would rather my kids see and understand how to deal with the world around them than to be protected then thrown to the wovles so to speak. I like the idea much better when I can teach them how to deal with things and help them along than to wait till the world teaches them either in school or when they are on there own with the influence of those worse to teach them.

Back