Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Old Law represented a temporary covering for sins. True or False

• Total voters
Eph 4:14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive

• Brothers and sisters, let us no longer follow the teachings of man, but let us submit unto our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and ask for his Spirit of truth that we may be able to rightly divide His word of truth.
2 Tim 2:15-16 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What is uncovered in the New Covenant Gospel, is that there is but one true God that can take away our sins. The New Covenant Gospel of Christ Jesus is put into the minds of his Elect and written in their hearts.

Jesus through the New Covenant Gospel proclaimed and instituted a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Those who attempt to mix the New Covenant Gospel that has the power to take away sins completely, with that of the Old covenant that did not, pervert the true teachings of Christ.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

We are not under the Old Testament law, but the law of Christ’s grace.

We are to consider those that cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine that we have learned, and avoid them (Rom 16:17). This warning can only be understood by those who have been taught the truth, and are therefore able to determine who the false teachers in the church are based on their teachings that contradict the New Covenant Gospel.

The wisdom of this world is foolishness unto God. Our knowledge of the truth is evidence that the New Covenant Gospel of Christ is established in us. Several of the byproducts, or fruits of the Holy Spirit, consist of goodness even righteousness and also the truth (1 Cor 1:5-8, Eph 5:9, Rom 15:13-14).

Matt 7:18, 20 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The apostle Paul’s preaching was not with enticing words based on his own wisdom, but it was a demonstration of the incredible power of the Holy Spirit. Our faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God (1 Cor 2:4-5).

It is only when His Spirit truly dwells within us, that we can fully understand and follow the New Covenant Gospel of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Through His Spirit that abides in us, we can experience true love, joy and an enduring faith that can not be shattered. Christ alone is able to sustain us till the end, that we may be blameless at the day of the Lord. The hope or end result of our faith is the salvation of our souls (1 Peter 1:9, Gal 5:22, 1 Cor 1:8-9).

The greatest deceptive carnal doctrines within the Christian church today, must include the false teachings related to Salvation, and what it means to be Born Again.

Salvation is quite impossible to obtain until the second advent of Jesus Christ at the end of this age. So if you can convince people that they already are saved, you can probably persuade them into believing many other false teachings contrary to those found in the New Covenant Gospel.

One of the purposes of this deception is to keep people from ever receiving the power to endure and overcome the world through Christ. Another is to ensure they never fully comprehend the New Covenant Gospel, and this also allows the false teachers, to retain their position and power.

Matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ has given us a sure hope of eternal life through his Holy Spirit. The New Covenant Gospel of Salvation is what sets Christianity apart from all other man made religions. But to allege that Salvation has already transpired is to disallow faith and hope from occurring. How can you hope for something you already claim to possess (2 Tim 2:14-18, Rom 5:2, Tit 3:7, 1 Peter 1:13).

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

You can not discuss the hope that you do not have, because of the assurance of Salvation that you claim to already possess.

1 Thes 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for a helmet, the hope of salvation.

It is indeed a tragedy to believe that you are Born Again, without ever experiencing the true indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which is the evidence of this transformation process. This deception leads to death and destruction, as the ability to truly understand Christ and the New Covenant Gospel is impossible without His Spirit (John 14:17-26; 15:26; 16:13; Eph 1:13).

Starting to sound calvin/reformed minded in my opinion.

Can believers/born again people .......... quench and grieve the Spirit?

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
What does this mean to you? Falling from salvation is something you seem to say we don't posses until Jesus' second event? Are you writing here of something else?
It is only when His Spirit truly dwells within us
Are you Pentecostal, and if not may I ask what manner of church you preach in? The reason I'm asking this is that the Kingdom Apostles were told this in Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you (Was not dwelling in them at that time), and shall be in you. Later Paul asked some disciples in Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
This one sort of threw me in that Matthew Chapter Twenty-four's context, at least to me is of the time of tribulation to come. Are you in fact stating that all believing on Christ at this present time will not be caught away prior to the abomination of desolation' appearance? Thanks

What does this mean to you? Falling from salvation is something you seem to say we don't posses until Jesus' second event? Are you writing here of something else?

Are you Pentecostal, and if not may I ask what manner of church you preach in? The reason I'm asking this is that the Kingdom Apostles were told this in Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you (Was not dwelling in them at that time), and shall be in you. Later Paul asked some disciples in Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?

This one sort of threw me in that Matthew Chapter Twenty-four's context, at least to me is of the time of tribulation to come. Are you in fact stating that all believing on Christ at this present time will not be caught away prior to the abomination of desolation' appearance? Thanks
Wow. I did the same thing. I bet the pretrib rapture is HERESY in his opinion.

Eugene, that a lot of questions! Let me respond and if I've missed your point then kindly elaborate.

Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second

1- We are not under the Old Testament law, but the law of Christ’s grace.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ has given us a sure hope of eternal life through his Holy Spirit. The New Covenant Gospel of Salvation is what sets Christianity apart from all other man made religions. But to allege that Salvation has already transpired is to disallow faith and hope from occurring. How can you hope for something you already claim to possess (2 Tim 2:14-18, Rom 5:2, Tit 3:7, 1 Peter 1:13).

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

2- What the Word declares is that through Christ we can all obtain Salvation if we faithfully endure all things like I do when I'm personally attacked by those who say they are Christians but demonstrate hatred towards me for simply sharing the truth.

As an example, I just joined here and this is a comment that was received by a member th1b.taylor Bill Taylor

That is rude and unacceptable coming from a ¿Christian? First of all you ave staked out a very dangerous piece of landscape and if you are to be contrary people need to be warned about you. You cannot answer a question with a question so, please, be up front and honest as all of us are called to be if we follow Jesus. I wish to determine to whom am I speaking that I do not throw Pearl down in front of pigs. Now please stop playing with diversion, already your image is tarnished and you just arrived.

Sorry, I don't understand the question relating to being a pentacostal, which I'm not?

3- Your third question was "Are you in fact stating that all believing on Christ at this present time will not be caught away prior to the abomination of desolation' appearance"?
My friend, (and I do hope that we may become friends) what I have to say is of little importance if it is contrary to the word of God.

This is what Jesus had to say regarding the timing of when the Elect would be gathered

Matt 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and (they shall) gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

With warm Regards John

Thanks for your reply NCP. I do not agree with your interpretation of scripture, and further questions of your doctrines would basically be to discern their intent. I'd still like to know the type or branch of Christianity you preach at, as I've never heard the meanings you assign to New Testament scriptures. Thanks. :)

Thanks for your reply NCP. I do not agree with your interpretation of scripture, and further questions of your doctrines would basically be to discern their intent. I'd still like to know the type or branch of Christianity you preach at, as I've never heard the meanings you assign to New Testament scriptures. Thanks. :)

Eugene I do not belong to any man ordained church. I preach at destinedtoberevealed.com
Please elaborate on what doctrines you are referring to, I only present the Word of God and my teacher is the Holy Spirit.
I look forward to your reply

Hi NCP, If you'd truly like to understand my reasons to believe, I do hope to make scripture the backbone of what I teach. I'd like to ask or state conditions of certain things you've claimed. Number one is your theory of the New Covenant exclusion of the Old Testament; I hope I'm stating it correctly.
Those who attempt to mix the New Covenant Gospel that has the power to take away sins completely, with that of the Old covenant that did not, pervert the true teachings of Christ.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

In your thinking, is scripture brought forward and quoted from the Old Testament also scripture?
For instance: These allusions below, and the URL link they’re taken from.
https://www.blueletterbible.org/study/misc/quotes01.cfm

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

In Addition I take the following scripture Paul used to show the wisdom of God in having us know the Old Testament.
1Cor 10:7 . . . it is written (Also in Ex 32:6) , The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. I’ll stop here. Thanks.

Back