Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
keep it simple 5 wise 5 foolish 5 had lamps ready extra oil 5 foolish slept was not prepared thought they could get some oil from the 5 wise who was truly ready. if we are not prepared like the 5 wise. imo that represent no salvation. personally i can,t agree all 10 Christians
Matt.25:11
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12; I know you not.

The references to those verses are in Matt.7:21-23.
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? And in Thy name have cast out devils? And in Thy name done many wonderful works?
I never knew you, depart from Me.

These seem to me that they think they have salvation.

24;
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man.

And you can read on in Matt.25: about the servants.
Hid his talents.
Verse 30, and cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness...

Hi Douglas
Hope you are having a great evening.
I disagree, sorry, :sorry
In Matt.25:1
It states they went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Thus, I believe they all were Christians, the 5 foolish went to the wrong wedding,
They were deceived by Satan, pretending to be Christ, as 2These.2:4 sitting in the temple of God, claiming to be God.
Then when the true Christ comes, they will be so ashamed, wish the rocks would fall on them, they have become a Harlot, unfaithful to Christ, no longer a virgin bride, spiritually speaking.
Hi Diane, What you are saying is not taught in the Scriptures. Now you can use a Scripture and put your own understanding on it, and it may make sense to you, but the Doctrine of God in Jesus Christ does not teach that born again believers can be deceived by Satan to the point that they are rejected by Christ. The most weak, fallible and timid Christian has the same title and standing before God as the most illustrious saint, and that is a son of God. Now our state is another matter. We all mature in grace. at different times, Depending on the trials that we go through Christ would never leave a single one of us.
There are those people who hear the word. and receive it with joy, but because the did not understand it (because the world was more to their interest and they did not pursue the word of God) Satan stole it away. They were never born again. Matthew Chapter 13. Christ never knew them. There was never any fellowship with The Spirit nor rebirth. They just went to Church. (Matt. 24: 36-51) This is what the parable of "The Ten Virgins is about ( Matthew Chapter 24) . Study them together. I hope your day becomes fulfilled with the understanding of the Scriptures.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Matt.25:11
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12; I know you not.

The references to those verses are in Matt.7:21-23.
Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? And in Thy name have cast out devils? And in Thy name done many wonderful works?
I never knew you, depart from Me.

These seem to me that they think they have salvation.

24;
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man.

And you can read on in Matt.25: about the servants.
Hid his talents.
Verse 30, and cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness...
were does this say all 10 were christians? thats my point

Hi Diane, What you are saying is not taught in the Scriptures. Now you can use a Scripture and put your own understanding on it, and it may make sense to you, but the Doctrine of God in Jesus Christ does not teach that born again believers can be deceived by Satan to the point that they are rejected by Christ. The most weak, fallible and timid Christian has the same title and standing before God as the most illustrious saint, and that is a son of God. Now our state is another matter. We all mature in grace. at different times, Depending on the trials that we go through Christ would never leave a single one of us.
There are those people who hear the word. and receive it with joy, but because the did not understand it (because the world was more to their interest and they did not pursue the word of God) Satan stole it away. They were never born again. Matthew Chapter 13. Christ never knew them. There was never any fellowship with The Spirit nor rebirth. They just went to Church. (Matt. 24: 36-51) This is what the parable of "The Ten Virgins is about ( Matthew Chapter 24) . Study them together. I hope your day becomes fulfilled with the understanding of the Scriptures.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Hi Douglas
I am one of those whom reject OSAS.
Good day,
Love in Christ

were does this say all 10 were christians? thats my point

Same can be asked of you, where does it say they were unbelievers?
Bridegroom has a bride, would the bride be unbelievers?
I think not.
There comes a thief, Watch and wait.

Matt.24:42-51
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Therefore be ye also ready , for in such an hour as he think not the Son of man cometh.

I think they will not be aware, because they think Christ is already here.
In Matt.24:23-26
Then if any man shall say unto you , Lo, here is Christ, or there, believe it not.
For there shall arise false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders, inasmuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert, go not forth, Behold, he is in the secret chambers, believe it not.

Many times in the Word, Christ said, don't be deceived. Just a few,
Matt.24:4
Mark 13:5
Luke 21:8
2Thess.2:3, a good one, the falling away, apostasy, Satan sitting in the Temple of God, claiming he is God.
Do you think Christ will be happy with you when He returns and find you worshipping the false one?
I think not.
Same as Satan deceived Eve!

Many folks teach that once you say the magic words, you automatically become saved, once and for all times. They can't imagine themselves being shut away from the wedding feast, after they have been saved. Know this, on the road to salvation, without repentance, and without studying God's Word, there are many pitfalls. It will be the last day of the Millennium age, before some that think that they are saved now, will earn it, or they will walk into the lake of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus is now comparing the "kingdom of heaven" to a wedding that is taking place. The Kingdom is made up of the King [Jesus Christ] and His domain. The domain is made up of everything in the area of rulership of the king; the people, the land and all things on and in the land.

The bridegroom is Christ, and all ten of the virgin maidens are Christians and are going forth to meet the Bridegroom. Ten in Biblical numerics represents "law, and responsibility". The law is still on the books for us, and we have the responsibility to serve the true Christ. Though the parts of the law that pertain to the blood sacrifices are ended with Christ's shed blood on the cross, the rest of the law is a vital part of every society, no matter how primitive.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The subject here then is to remain a true virgin, spiritually, waiting on the true Christ, and not to be take by the wrong Christ. All ten of these virgins are Christians, and claim to be in this generation, for the time of being taken is at the arrival of Satan being cast to the earth, as the Antichrist (instead of Christ in the Greek).

Last edited:
Many folks teach that once you say the magic words, you automatically become saved, once and for all times. They can't imagine themselves being shut away from the wedding feast, after they have been saved. Know this, on the road to salvation, without repentance, and without studying God's Word, there are many pitfalls. It will be the last day of the Millennium age, before some that think that they are saved now, will earn it, or they will walk into the lake of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus is now comparing the "kingdom of heaven" to a wedding that is taking place. The Kingdom is made up of the King [Jesus Christ] and His domain. The domain is made up of everything in the area of rulership of the king; the people, the land and all things on and in the land.

The bridegroom is Christ, and all ten of the virgin maidens are Christians and are going forth to meet the Bridegroom. Ten in Biblical numerics represents "law, and responsibility". The law is still on the books for us, and we have the responsibility to serve the true Christ. Though the parts of the law that pertain to the blood sacrifices are ended with Christ's shed blood on the cross, the rest of the law is a vital part of every society, no matter how primitive.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The subject here then is to remain a true virgin, spiritually, waiting on the true Christ, and not to be take by the wrong Christ. All ten of these virgins are Christians, and claim to be in this generation, for the time of being taken is at the arrival of Satan being cast to the earth, as the Antichrist (instead of Christ in the Greek).
Have it your way? It is not what the Lord is is teaching, and you will be responsible to the Lord for what you teach like the rest of us. Teacher/pastor is a gift by the Holy Spirit, (1 Corinthians chapter 12) not by self will , .And while you are teaching such things you are missing what the Lord revealed to John for us, that is happening this very day. The events that are happening now are not visible to the curious or idle, but to the servants of Christ....wake up!.

Have it your way? It is not what the Lord is is teaching, and you will be responsible to the Lord for what you teach like the rest of us. Teacher/pastor is a gift by the Holy Spirit, (1 Corinthians chapter 12) not by self will , .And while you are teaching such things you are missing what the Lord revealed to John for us, that is happening this very day. The events that are happening now are not visible to the curious or idle, but to the servants of Christ....wake up!.

2 Peter 3:1-4
1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Hi again Douglas
OSAS=once saved always saved
I believe one is saved if they endure till the end...
Is one perfect, no.
Repentance is the key.
Stay faithful and do his will.
If is a small word with a big meaning.

Hope that helped you.
Hi diane, That is that other gospel, which is not the gospel at all. You will never make it with that gospel.....never.

Hi diane, That is that other gospel, which is not the gospel at all. You will never make it with that gospel.....never.
The wise studied God's Word, and knew the signs of the end times, and who the Kenites were. However, the foolish were the virgins that listened to the fairy tales of the fly away doctrines, and just couldn't wait until they could go whoring after the Antichrist. The foolish ones just do not care to study to know the truth and seal it away in their minds.

This is the eleventh hour, which means these five foolish were Christians all the way to the very end of the age, before the coming of the Antichrist. It will be documented later. This is Jesus Christ's final teaching, from the mount of Olives, and is part of the teaching of chapter twenty four.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back