Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Pauline ministry

C

CarrieY

It took me a short time to figure out what that was.
My own opinion is The bible is the truth, and Paul spoke what was in his spirit or by voice, visions maybe. he dosen't say really how. Do you believe God can put something in your spirit? Do you think God can make you see evil? or that God can make you see beautiful things? You have to take the bible as truth.
Your very disrespectful calling Paul names.
Read Galatians again and pray before you read it to help understand it.
What was Peter doing that upset Paul? it's not about the 10 commandments it's about the old Jewish law, circumsision. following their special days. being robotic like.God dosen't care if you have a special day or observe special days, as long as you want to in your heart and your doing it for God. Either way if you don't understand it you should find someone to ask , before you call one of God's chosen a liar, (which i have read on here) it might be a good idea to repent of you blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Carrie

CarrieY said:
My own opinion is The bible is the truth, and Paul spoke what was in his spirit or by voice, visions maybe. he dosen't say really how. Do you believe God can put something in your spirit? Do you think God can make you see evil? or that God can make you see beautiful things? You have to take the bible as truth.
What was Peter doing that upset Paul? it's not about the 10 commandments it's about the old Jewish law, circumsision. following their special days. being robotic like.God dosen't care if you have a special day or observe special days, as long as you want to in your heart and your doing it for God. Either way if you don't understand it you should find someone to ask , before you call one of God's chosen a liar, (which i have read on here) it might be a good idea to repent of you blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Carrie

Carrie, we are all entitled to our opinions and our viewpoints when it comes to specific scriptural texts that may not be as clear as it we might like them to be. The beauty of this 'freedom' is that we are NOT being robotic-like as you mentioned above. There are a number of scriptural texts within the 'Pauline ministry' that really DO seem to contradict the teachings of Jesus or, at least, have ambiguous conotations.

We often don't know EXACTLY what it is that Paul is addressing so - just as often - people make the texts fit their own cherished doctrines. The biggest corruption of Pauline scripture that we've probably ever seen is the 'tongues' phenomenon of the PentecostaL Church. Yep. Paul again. HOWEVER, oftentimes the fault may not lie so much with Paul but more so with those who misinterpret or twist around his words.

Since God gave us a mind with which to reason we have every right to question Paul's teachings. To do anything other than this is to follow blindly and THIS is a 'no-no'. And, by the way, who are you to say that God doesn't care if one observes 'special' days or not? Where did you get that idea from? All I know is that He made ONE day holy at Creation and one day only. I guess that's the 'special' day that you're referring to.

As long as one claims to be a follower of Jesus - and I've tried to make this point many times - one will adhere to commands 1-4. Unless one does so they cannot possibly be followers of Jesus. And, if Paul is telling YOU contrary to this through 'his ministry' then you either need to dismiss him or - the better alternative - interpret his scriptures correctly. Jesus comes first and foremost. Paul is/was a mere mortal just like us. I doubt that one is blaspheming the Holy Spirit merely by questioning 'Paul's ministry'.

The Bible prophesies that in these end-times 'everyone does what seems right in his own eyes'

Because Paul had had to correct Peter openly for hypocrisy in his dealings with Gentlie converts, God chose Peter to confirm Paul's epistles as the Word of God

In fact, in Acts 15, the apostles' council at Jerusalem confirm Paul's ministry in writing

Do read Jeremiah 18 @ the Potter

We humans are the mere clay who have no right to sit in judgement on our Creator

But He would be neither holy, righteous nor just if He did not judge us

Many think that they are being so subtle in condemning Paul - or Billy Graham/Benny Hinn/Rheinhard Bonnke/Morris Cerullo etc - when what they really deny & mock is God's Word

They are really saying, as the mob in Jerusalem, "Away with this Man: crucify Him - we will not have this Man to reign over us"

The spirit of antichrist is very active indeed, & there are more & more antichrists active - just as 2 Thessalonians 2 prophesied

Last post singles out Pentecostals & tongues

The spectacular growth, worldwide, of Pentecostals, in just 100 years, is in fulfilment of Jesus' own promise of Mark 16:20 - "God worked with them, confirming the faithful preaching of His Word with signs & wonders that accompanied it"

Check out http://www.azusastreet100.net for the centenary celebrations all over LA this week:-

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... highlight=

See also http://www.BennyHinn.org & http://www.mcwe.com & http://www.cfan.org for much evidence of God blessing those named healing evangelists mightily

God bless all who love Him & take Him at His Word!

Back to link useful threads..

This links to 2/3 others of great current interest:-

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopi ... highlight=

The best freeview TV channels are the 11 Christian ones - which all seem to be Pentecostal/Charismatic

See http://www.God.TV & http://www.LoveworldTV.com & http://www.daystar.com & http://www.revelationTV.com & http://www.gospel.TV & http://www.TBN.org & http://www.ini.TV for news of centenary celebration broadcasts

God TV do a monthly Christian TV guide which I haven't got round to ordering yet, so do forgive any omissions - (except the RC false teaching of EWTN, of course!)

God bless!

Ian

CarrieY said:

Carrie

Carrie......one question.....did Paul circumcise, or cause to have circumcised Titus...? Why?

Paul's beef with Peter was his attempt to corrupt Peter into disobeying Mosaic Law, it's as simple as that....The Law that James (the leader of the Church in Jerusalem), Peter and the other Disciples still observed....and Paul claimed to observe.

I personally haven't blasphemed the HS....I attribute the HS as being God's Holy Spirit giving those he chooses power beyond what they normally can do...Do I believe Paul had the HS...I'm not so sure! If he did he would have taught as the Disciples in Jerusalem did, and we would be called Nazarene Pharisee's today instead of Christians.

And....here's a secret.....the Disciples (including Paul) did observe the special Feast day's...and Saturday Sabbath.....

Ah....the feel good of not having rules to live by.....the Christian lie.....Salvation by Grace, with no responsiblity.....what a life.... :)

I don't see any Gospels written by Jesus himself.
I only see gospels written by men who state what Jesus said.
If you eliminate Paul's teaching you've eliminated a big part of the New Testament therefore you distrust the Bible, I've talked enough in my own life to people who think they know what the bible says. Everyone has their own opinion. You can't argue with people who have disbelief in their hearts so i'm not going to go on and on. Maybe you don't have the Holy Spirit helping you, maybe you should pray for God to give you the Holy spirit to help you. I just feel like i know what he's saying. And the New Testament is a new covenant, no more sacrafices, no more circumsision, to bring you to God. Jesus is enough.
Noone has a right to call anyone a liar.And i read exactly that. someone called Paul a liar. You have a right to believe what you want, and this is the only place where i've heard Paul called a liar. Just throw the bible away then and don't read it to criticize it. If you don't believe it because I've always heard from Christians that the Bible is the ultimate truth inspired by God than it will do you know good.
But remember when you die you'll be judged according to the Bible.
And you should never post negative things about God.talking bad about his chosen is the same as talking bad about him.if your not getting it find someone to help you. it's ok to say i don't understand it. but to reject it and speak it out loud to others is wrong, what if a new christian were to read all these bad posts about the Bible being a lie.. would they quickly convert to christianity? probably not.
It's better for you to stumble alone than to take others with you.
If you want to belittle the Bible i think you should keep your feelings to yourself afterall this is a Christian forum right? And that means we believe in Jesus. You can't believe in Jesus if you think the Bible is a lie.
I know some people can't help but use rotten words to try to make their point because they just don't understand. I say these words all the time to myself. "what does that mean?" it's not wrong to be confused or not to understand. But to call yourself a Christian yet to call the Bible a lie. It'd been better for you never to have known the bible at all , than for you to know and disbelieve or to call God a liar. Or reject what he says or what anyone says came from him.

Carrie

celebrations

I didn't say celebrations were wrong. I was baptized pentecostal evangelical. But as far as i knew we believed in Paul. yes?
Does your Church know how you feel? Maybe you should get up on stage and announce to everyone in your congregation how you feel about the bible. That's what your doing here yes? maybe it's just easier here because your anonymous to the world.
I'm sorry but i got very upset over this calling Paul a liar. when i was reading the bible for the first time i couldn't get enough. All i wanted to know was what was my sin? I wanted to know what I was supposed to be doing and i specifically remember thanking Jesus for Paul because i enjoy reading his letters. Maybe that's the Holy Spirit, who am i to question?

I see so many things from people who are called Christians that confuse me as well..to me they seem to have been Christians for a while. at least longer than myself and as i watch them i notice things about them. things the bible says not to do yet they do. I don't think i'm judging them but i do take notice. I don't even know if it's even me taking notice, maybe God is showing me

Carrie

CarrieY said:
I don't see any Gospels written by Jesus himself.

Correct....and your point?

I only see gospels written by men who state what Jesus said.

Correct...and your point is?

If you eliminate Paul's teaching you've eliminated a big part of the New Testament therefore you distrust the Bible,

If you eliminate Pau's teaching you get back to what Christianity should have become....I trust the OT, somewhat trust the Gospels, don't trust the Pauline letters....to say I don't trust the Bible is an inaccurate statement.

I've talked enough in my own life to people who think they know what the bible says. Everyone has their own opinion. You can't argue with people who have disbelief in their hearts so i'm not going to go on and on.

I agree with you....you can't argue with people that have blinders on either...been there done that.... :wink:

Maybe you don't have the Holy Spirit helping you, maybe you should pray for God to give you the Holy spirit to help you.

Every little bit helps....I do believe it was the HS that directed me to where I am now.... :)

I just feel like i know what he's saying.

To each one his own interpretation.

And the New Testament is a new covenant, no more sacrafices, no more circumsision, to bring you to God.

Perhaps you are a little confused as to what circumcision means.....it started with Abraham (who was not under the Torah, nor was he a Jew). Circumcision is an act that identifies an individual as accepting the promises God made to Abraham.....It has nothing to do with salvation, but has everything to do with obedience (a test if you will).

Sacrifices aren't done because there is no Temple....when the Temple is rebuilt, there will be sacrifices...Messiah will even perform the sacrifices during the Messianic Kingdom age (Eze 40-46). Paul in Acts 21 performs a Nazarite vow...and that included animal sacrifice....

Jesus is enough.

Following Jesus' example is enough.....you don't get off scot free just by saying you believe that Jesus died for your sins....

Noone has a right to call anyone a liar.And i read exactly that. someone called Paul a liar.

You have the right if the evidence points that way.....if is clear that the Paul of Acts...and the Paul of the Letters are not the same Paul.

You have a right to believe what you want, and this is the only place where i've heard Paul called a liar. Just throw the bible away then and don't read it to criticize it. If you don't believe it because I've always heard from Christians that the Bible is the ultimate truth inspired by God than it will do you know good.

Keep the OT, the Gospels, and Revelation and you will be fine...all you need to know is there....

But remember when you die you'll be judged according to the Bible.
And you should never post negative things about God.

I've never posted anything negative about God....go back through my post's and prove that.....

talking bad about his chosen is the same as talking bad about him.

If you are talking about Christ, I agree with you....If you are talking about Paul....you are mistaken...He is the only one who claimed to be chosen. He had no other witnesses.

if your not getting it find someone to help you. it's ok to say i don't understand it. but to reject it and speak it out loud to others is wrong, what if a new christian were to read all these bad posts about the Bible being a lie..

Hey, if it is a lie, it is my duty to you to point it out....

would they quickly convert to christianity? probably not.
It's better for you to stumble alone than to take others with you.
If you want to belittle the Bible i think you should keep your feelings to yourself afterall this is a Christian forum right? And that means we believe in Jesus. You can't believe in Jesus if you think the Bible is a lie.
I know some people can't help but use rotten words to try to make their point because they just don't understand. I say these words all the time to myself. "what does that mean?" it's not wrong to be confused or not to understand. But to call yourself a Christian yet to call the Bible a lie. It'd been better for you never to have known the bible at all , than for you to know and disbelieve or to call God a liar. Or reject what he says or what anyone says came from him.

Carrie, All I've ever suggested is that Paul in the letter's are suspect. Carrie, it is a well known fact that the NT has been edited (things added to and subtracted from).....you can blindly believe all of the NT, but I can't.

Carrie

Georges,

My Bible says in Galatians 2,3 Yet not even Titus, who was with me, was compelled to be circumsised, even though he was Greek.

That tells me he was never circumsised.

Paul said he felt he was running his race in vain (meaning for nothing) meaning to me he'd preached there before. And he did if you read it. (preach there before)
His problem was that they were still living by the law of circumsision. And what he's saying is that you can follow the laws all you want but the only way to heaven is through faith in Jesus. If you follow all the laws perfectly and died not believing in Jesus you lived in vain, and wasted all that time working so hard for nothing. Salvation comes from trust in Jesus. Not circumsision, or by observing special days, you longer need to do these things was what he'd told them.
He never said it was a law free world. live as you choose. noone can live without sin. The commandments show you your sin, God wishes us all to be without sin, that's not possible for any of us to be without sin. so therefore Jesus had to come or he made the world for nothing ...who'd be with him in heaven? :o None of us could follow that law perfectly.
He says if you distrust Jesus and think you can get there by observing the law of circumsision and by observing special days than your responsible to the whole law, and you'll die by the law. meaning you thought so much of yourself thinking you can get there by your own righteousness. that's all it says.

Back