Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Pledge

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
vic C. said:
What did I miss? :-?

I should have mentioned what this is from. It is a clip from "Jesus Camp," a documentary that shows radical evangelical christians indoctrinating children, and showing their intentions of seizing power of the United States government in order to force their agenda on the nation.

Anyway, the Jesus pledge clip is just one of the frightening examples throughout the film of the evangelicals attempting to fuse church and state. One of the greatest controversies of the film is not what evangelicals believe, but rather, how they attempt to force what they believe on children who are defenseless at such an age to resist the brainwashing, how they attempt to force their views on others, and how they try to fuse church and state despite the constitution.

I may try to assemble the entire film from youtube and post it in another thread...

That's the way you two see it. I have nor problems with it at all.

Prov 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Here's more, about 10 minutes:

Jesus Camp - Evangelical Children

God cannot do anyhthing for there's one thing for sure God cannot do. He cannot, and will not, force anyone to love him!

Doesn't it seem odd that the morbidly obese would talk about fasting?

We're going to speak in tongues? Gibberish is more like it.

President Bush is blatantly open about his Christianity? He's an official Skull and Bones member that does not deny his involvement in it's pagan rituals and practices.

George Bush and John Kerry Admit Skull and Bones Membership

SO maybe I did miss something? I'll take a look at the vid later. o

Hey RND, you sure are a SDA. :tongue

Featherbop said:
I should have mentioned what this is from. It is a clip from "Jesus Camp," a documentary that shows radical evangelical christians indoctrinating children, and showing their intentions of seizing power of the United States government in order to force their agenda on the nation.

Anyway, the Jesus pledge clip is just one of the frightening examples throughout the film of the evangelicals attempting to fuse church and state. One of the greatest controversies of the film is not what evangelicals believe, but rather, how they attempt to force what they believe on children who are defenseless at such an age to resist the brainwashing, how they attempt to force their views on others, and how they try to fuse church and state despite the constitution.

I may try to assemble the entire film from youtube and post it in another thread...
The Jesus camp people are 'dominionists', they believe that christians are suppose to take over the governments and institutions of the world before Jesus will come back. Heresy!

destiny said:
The Jesus camp people are 'dominionists', they believe that christians are suppose to take over the governments and institutions of the world before Jesus will come back. Heresy!

Dominionists? Never heard that one before.

"suppose to take over the governments and institutions of the world"
The Masons beat them to it. :tongue
:-D

destiny, how much do you know about Dominionists? (I dont know much) Are they intending to hurt/kill people that don't believe what they do to get their way? That would be very bad.

I see nothing wrong with voicing our belief in governments and institutions, (After all God is above governments/institutions) and striving to set up things to protect people based on God's Word.

....But believing that Jesus coming back is dependant on their actions is simply wrong and unscriptural:

First of all, we have no idea when Jesus will come back..

for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2

The days have been shortened anyways..

If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. Matthew 24:22

And the Father is working things on His own timetable, definately not ours:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

I know when Jesus is coming back.

After the falling away from sound doctrine occurs and the son of perdition is revealed.
  • 1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
And according to Jesus, after the Great Tribulation.
  • 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:21-27

good point Solo....

I meant "no idea" in the sense we don't know the exact date and time.

because as you've pointed out we do have some idea when....

Soon.

Back