Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Power of Christ Over All Flesh

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

smaller

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

What does this mean? What power is being spoken of here?

The term "all flesh" appears in several places in the scriptures. It is what I might observe as a recurring theme or "meme" as they say in today's tech world. A lot of meaty things arise from this study, in the spiritual senses.

I'm going to "link" some of these matters, and see what unfolds.

Zechariah 2:13
Be silent, O
all flesh, before the Lord: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

What is Zechariah speaking of?

First, let's link this "silence" of the flesh, to the intentions of the law, from Paul:

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

The first place many N.T. believers scramble to is that they are not under the law. And many theological dodge ball games ensue from there.

Let's look at what Jesus said about Gods Word, and yes, this includes the law, the Words of God, spoken directly, through His prophets:

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The same matter is repeated from Matt. 4:4, and directly taken from Deut. 8:3

We can also see the value added features of Every Word of God in other places, such as here:

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God is pure
: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Luke 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can also see that the traditions of man, are marked out as erroneous when they (quite vainly attempt) to make the Word of God of no effect, here:

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

We might even see that those who deny or hate the Word of God, also deny Jesus, as He Is The Word of God:

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

We could extend this even further, and see that since The Spirit of Christ dwells in us, then so does Every Word of God.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you
richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Was it Jesus, The Word of God, who "worked" in the O.T.? Of course!

1 Corinthians 10:4
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Peter 1:11
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Now let's begin to follow the power over all flesh, that the Word of God really has. This power of The Word over all flesh, is an adverse power to the flesh, shown here, by Paul:

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

In the above we see that the power of the Law is actually to empower sin, that it might become utterly sinful.

We see this adverse form of power exemplified by Paul, again, here:

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

This Power, the Power of the Law, is fully meant to empower sin, so that it would be entirely obvious, to shut up every mouth, and to make the "all the world," guilty, as charged, as being sinners. And no, none of us are exempt from this adverse working. The place this led Paul to was death. That was the conclusion of the law for him. Guilty. Dead.

Even apart from the law, this same working of the law is prebuilt into the conscience of all mankind, so there is no escape from the conclusions of sin.

Romans 2:
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Yes, accusing or excusing rather than 'concluding.' The Word has already made His Conclusion:

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin-

IF anyone seeks to see if this conclusion is false, all they have to do is to pick up the law, and sin, by the power of the Law(s), will again and again, continue to raise it's ugly head to make it's adverse workings, known.

This is the Power of the Law, of The Word, of Jesus Christ,

Over All Flesh.

Paul lays out great cautions over going back to the law, precisely for that purpose, because he knew the Power that the Law has, to empower sin, even in believers.

Galatians 4:
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The flesh can not be justified, because sin dwells therein. Put that indwelling sin under the Law, and it will prove itself utterly sinful, in the same way it proved to Paul in Romans 7: 7-13

There are more matters behind this, to come.

Luke 3:6
And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

John 17:2
As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

What does this mean? What power is being spoken of here?
Dear Brother Smaller, I'm not sure this following response is what you're seeking, but Jesus can raise the dead or sleeping flesh: Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

With men Jesus could deny their hope as we read in Num 20:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

And Jesus could also end their lives in Duet 32:50-51. And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people: 51 Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.

Jesus also pronounced the judgment on flesh destined for the Lake of Fire such as with Judas. Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition (eternal ruin); that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Dear smaller, as I don't believe this is coincidence, I would like to post these scriptures that I believe were given to me this morning to put in your thread before you even wrote it!!! :rockingBING, BANG, BOW!

I would therefore present these scriptures that show that Christ is the same Word which is the very sentience at the center of all living flesh, which is made out of the dust.
Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
John 1:4
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
2 Timothy 2:25
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Galatians 1:15-16
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son IN ME, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood.

Matthew 16:17
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Last edited:
Dear Brother Smaller, I'm not sure this following response is what you're seeking, but Jesus can raise the dead or sleeping flesh: Joh 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

With men Jesus could deny their hope as we read in Num 20:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

And Jesus could also end their lives in Duet 32:50-51. And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people: 51 Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of Meribah-Kadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.

Jesus also pronounced the judgment on flesh destined for the Lake of Fire such as with Judas. Joh 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition (eternal ruin); that the scripture might be fulfilled.
Nice insight Eugene. :thinking

I respect, very much, the ledgers, the scriptures of God, His Word, and how His Word works and operates in our present environment.

When any of us therein engage, whether we accept such principles or not will not sway or determine Gods End Game. I observe the principles, and watch them transpire and have seen them transpire. A credible witness of the Gospel witnesses to both sides of Gods Ledgers. We do not control these measures, we witness of them, by experience and by measuring what has transpired prior to see if our witness is TRUE.

When we uphold the Law, the Word of God, what should we expect to happen, to transpire?

I've shown, in the opening post, that when the Law of God is in the earth, which it is, whether we accept it or not, then all flesh becomes subject to this principle. And this is in fact shown in all the earth, even before our own eyes, as we watch. It is a very unpleasant principle, but it IS a present Living Reality of the operations of Gods Word as it pertains to "all flesh."

Romans 7:
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

This principle is how all flesh is put under the Command of Christ, not only exposed, but aroused, even empowered.

This working can not stop, and is in fact Divinely Meant and Intended, to run the end game of sin to it's final conclusions, in the entire world. Just as Paul broadcast in:

Romans 3:19
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Whether we align our sights to this end game or not will not really matter. This has happened, did happen, and will continue to happen.

It is The Divine Course and Discourse of God, for this to transpire.

If any believer can not see this [adverse power] of Christ, of Gods Word, over all flesh, what can I say to that? The examples of this reality are on an exponential scale of colossal proportions, in the world, today.

These exact matters are The Powers that God in Christ deploys, to His Own End Game, which is this:

1 Corinthians 15:
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The observation that I have put in play is that arousal and empowerment is His Tool of inflammation.

And in this His Sovereignty is Presently Known.

You've started a thread viewing a phenomenon that causes the mouth to keep silence. The lamb is silent as he is led to the slaughter, finding nothing right about it and yet nothing wrong with it. A paradox of our faith.

You've started a thread viewing a phenomenon that causes the mouth to keep silence. The lamb is silent as he is led to the slaughter, finding nothing right about it and yet nothing wrong with it. A paradox of our faith.
I might even note that in deeper Grace our personal needs for same are likewise more deeply revealed. We would not have a need of Grace, for Forgiveness, for His Mercy, were it not for the operation of resistance in the flesh, which we may certainly view as the adversity of the demonic.

In the struggle to not sin, I found out that the tempters working, operating against any such efforts, internally by resistance to Law and to Grace, follows shortly behind where either Grace or Law is sown, just as Jesus shows us, in Mark 4:15 for example.

It was, imho, Paul's sight that as this tension increases, that he came closer to his own goal, which was the Resurrection of not only himself, but of the whole of creation, being released from this present bondage, which IS what our Savior has promised.

What's left Standing on the Other Side of this release, Is The Body of Christ, completed, by the Power of His Mercy and Grace.

Romans 8:
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Any who have not heard the pain of creation in groaning and travail, are not listening. Our present world is buckling under the strains of it, and always has been, until the mystery of iniquity has finished it's Divine resisting courses. The devil knows his time is short, in devil time anyway.

Deuteronomy 32:36
For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.

The first pharaoh raised to resist God was a flesh man. The second, the hidden pharaoh, is a much deeper subject.

Ezekiel 29:3
Speak, and say
, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.

I'm just following the lead, provided, prior. And I know, from personal experience, to expect resistance to follow, to ever GREATER degree.

When believers lift up the Law, we expect the resistance to arise, in order to prove sin.

When HIS GRACE and MERCY is lifted up, I expect the world itself to reel on it's axis, in resistance, prior to God in Christ's culmination of this:

1 Corinthians 15:24
Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

There is, in essence, ONE KINGDOM being formed, grown and will eventually be hatched, from within it's current immersion in another resisting kingdom, the kingdom of Satan. Just as God has showed and revealed in the flesh, here, prior, has, does, and will transpire in the friction between these TWO adverse kingdoms, spiritually.

Deuteronomy 4:34
Or hath God assayed to go and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations, by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

My answer to that question, is, YES, He Has So, Proposed. This was shown in the flesh, prior, for our understanding of what is to come.

Amos 9:8
Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.

Last edited:
Back