Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The power of God's grace

Jennifer Rogers

Supporter
Grace is a divine gift. It is supernatural or surpasses our natural nature because it is not of our human nature. So, how powerful is God's grace? Join me in this post to learn about God's grace.

GnZcdPD.png

"If you obey, I will lower the net." This is a faith-filled attitude that trusts in God's power and grace. Peter is a seasoned and expert angler. He's been fishing for a long time. However, no matter how gifted a person is, they will occasionally experience heartbreak. The Apostles knew how difficult life might be, especially when John the Baptist died in jail. After a missionary practice, the Lord encouraged the Apostles to retreat to a lonely area to rest (Mark 6:31). The Lord wants you to retreat so that teachers and pupils can be near to one another, reflect on the past, and feel the weakness and hardness of the servant's position soul for grace to overwhelm. "Without Me, we can do nothing," Jesus added (John 15:5).
We can also see the conflict between sin and grace, light and darkness, and life and death in Paul. "My grace is sufficient for you," the Lord told Paul. Paul was extremely troubled by his own flaws, so he told himself, "Jesus came to redeem sinners, and the first sinner was me." By grace, a man who slaughtered many Christians with a sword became a great Apostle, a well-known messenger declaring God's love for mankind. Saint Paul delved into his own experience in his letter to the Roman church, affirming, "Where there is more sin, their grace abounds."
The key to erasing all the stains of the past is to trust in God's grace and strength. It makes no difference how much or how little sin we have, as long as we know how to allow grace to work in our hearts. "He who has fallen into sin is an ordinary man," remarked Saint Thomas Aquinas. The devil is every one who continues to live in sin. A Saint is someone who knows how to rise above the muck of sin and trust on grace." Peter and Paul both demonstrate this principle.
The Lord's glance passed across Peter's face in the courtyard of the high priest Caiaphas after he denied him. Peter's sense of contrition was sparked by the spark of love, and he was changed into a great Apostle. On the trip to Damascus, the light from above pierced Paul's body's eyes, but it was the same light of love that opened the eyes of faith in his soul. "Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ," the saint wrote, referring to the light of love that had gone deep into his heart.
When we find ourselves deficient in knowledge or clumsy in behavior, full of weaknesses, flaws, and blunders, the message of God's Word always calls us to trust in God's power and love, to believe in the power of grace, to not bargain, and to be self-deprecating or frustrated. Instead, we continually express our gratitude for God's love, hope, and faith in His mercy by living more generously and lovingly each day in order to participate in God's redeeming plan. It is simpler for us to love, respect, and pray for grace in others if we are convinced of its power over our lives.
God constantly wants, always craves, and always knocks on the door, waiting for us to open our hearts and accept His grace. We must be as giving as the disciples, especially the old women, in allowing God to measure, transform, and lead our lives. This is a difficult trip with many obstacles, but there are plenty of delights ahead since we are on our way to true freedom, an expanded horizon, and a heart full of life and God's love.
May we likewise learn to return to our hearts today, patiently relying in God's strength and love while awake and waiting to meet God and experience the joy and delight of heaven. Amen.

Was Noah a perfect man, no, was Abraham and Moses perfect men, no, was Peter and Paul perfect men, no, just like all of us we are not perfect, but given God's free gift of grace even though no one deserves it, Ephesians 2:1-10.

Grace is a divine gift. It is supernatural or surpasses our natural nature because it is not of our human nature. So, how powerful is God's grace? Join me in this post to learn about God's grace.

GnZcdPD.png

"If you obey, I will lower the net." This is a faith-filled attitude that trusts in God's power and grace. Peter is a seasoned and expert angler. He's been fishing for a long time. However, no matter how gifted a person is, they will occasionally experience heartbreak. The Apostles knew how difficult life might be, especially when John the Baptist died in jail. After a missionary practice, the Lord encouraged the Apostles to retreat to a lonely area to rest (Mark 6:31). The Lord wants you to retreat so that teachers and pupils can be near to one another, reflect on the past, and feel the weakness and hardness of the servant's position soul for grace to overwhelm. "Without Me, we can do nothing," Jesus added (John 15:5).
We can also see the conflict between sin and grace, light and darkness, and life and death in Paul. "My grace is sufficient for you," the Lord told Paul. Paul was extremely troubled by his own flaws, so he told himself, "Jesus came to redeem sinners, and the first sinner was me." By grace, a man who slaughtered many Christians with a sword became a great Apostle, a well-known messenger declaring God's love for mankind. Saint Paul delved into his own experience in his letter to the Roman church, affirming, "Where there is more sin, their grace abounds."
The key to erasing all the stains of the past is to trust in God's grace and strength. It makes no difference how much or how little sin we have, as long as we know how to allow grace to work in our hearts. "He who has fallen into sin is an ordinary man," remarked Saint Thomas Aquinas. The devil is every one who continues to live in sin. A Saint is someone who knows how to rise above the muck of sin and trust on grace." Peter and Paul both demonstrate this principle.
The Lord's glance passed across Peter's face in the courtyard of the high priest Caiaphas after he denied him. Peter's sense of contrition was sparked by the spark of love, and he was changed into a great Apostle. On the trip to Damascus, the light from above pierced Paul's body's eyes, but it was the same light of love that opened the eyes of faith in his soul. "Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ," the saint wrote, referring to the light of love that had gone deep into his heart.
When we find ourselves deficient in knowledge or clumsy in behavior, full of weaknesses, flaws, and blunders, the message of God's Word always calls us to trust in God's power and love, to believe in the power of grace, to not bargain, and to be self-deprecating or frustrated. Instead, we continually express our gratitude for God's love, hope, and faith in His mercy by living more generously and lovingly each day in order to participate in God's redeeming plan. It is simpler for us to love, respect, and pray for grace in others if we are convinced of its power over our lives.
God constantly wants, always craves, and always knocks on the door, waiting for us to open our hearts and accept His grace. We must be as giving as the disciples, especially the old women, in allowing God to measure, transform, and lead our lives. This is a difficult trip with many obstacles, but there are plenty of delights ahead since we are on our way to true freedom, an expanded horizon, and a heart full of life and God's love.
May we likewise learn to return to our hearts today, patiently relying in God's strength and love while awake and waiting to meet God and experience the joy and delight of heaven. Amen.

Amen, so true.

Grace is the God given ability to do what we can not do.

In short, grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace, who empowers us to fulfill our God given destiny.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:28-29

The Spirit leads us and empowers us to walk in the truth; to live our lives the way the Bible says we can live.

JLB

Amen, so true.

Grace is the God given ability to do what we can not do.

In short, grace is the Holy Spirit; the Spirit of grace, who empowers us to fulfill our God given destiny.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:28-29

The Spirit leads us and empowers us to walk in the truth; to live our lives the way the Bible says we can live.

JLB
Yep. Blessing!

Back