Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The promised land

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Does anyone on this board understand who it is that shall inherit the promised land and what it is that dwells there today?

What dwells there today is just a political "state" (no, not a nation) that was set up a few years after the end of WWII. It is a political and secular state. :yes

Vic C. said:
What dwells there today is just a political "state" (no, not a nation) that was set up a few years after the end of WWII. It is a political and secular state. :yes

So ,who shall inherit the promised land Vic?
Who was it promised too?

I understand it to be the chosen remnant of the nation of Israel. Of course, that is subjective depending on one's interpretation (understanding) of related scripture.

Vic C. said:
I understand it to be the chosen remnant of the nation of Israel. Of course, that is subjective depending on one's interpretation (understanding) of related scripture.

ok I understand.
Do you believe the same goverment and people shall be there when the king of the north sends his army into Judea in Daniel 11;31?

Maybe someone with more of a futurist position would like to answer. I'm not certain yet if Daniel is past or future. I lean more towards a historicist/ partial preterism on some prophecy.

Vic C. said:
Maybe someone with more of a futurist position would like to answer. I'm not certain yet if Daniel is past or future. I lean more towards a historicist/ partial preterism on some prophecy.
ok
If you believe the king of the north has already sent a host(his army) to the little horn as stated in Daniel 8;9-12,then when was the promised land taken away from that little horn and given to the saints as stated in daniel 7;27 ? :)

Shilohsfoal said:
Vic C. said:
ok
If you believe the king of the north has already sent a host(his army) to the little horn as stated in Daniel 8;9-12,then when was the promised land taken away from that little horn and given to the saints as stated in daniel 7;27 ? :)

You do understand that ALL land prophesies are LITERALLY and COMPLETELY fulfilled in the PERSON of Christ don't you?

Jesus Christ IS the Promised Land

everything else is merely a SHADOW of this REALITY

WE the seed of abraham by faith in Christ Jesus inherit the promised land because all promises were made to HIS SEED as of ONE that is JESUS. As is says in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

All promises of inheritance of the promised land are IN JESUS, and thereby all who are IN JESUS by faith become also the seed of abraham and are counted as the seed and recieve the inheritance with Jesus.

parousia70 said:
Shilohsfoal said:
Vic C. said:
ok

You do understand that ALL land prophesies are LITERALLY and COMPLETELY fulfilled in the PERSON of Christ don't you?

Jesus Christ IS the Promised Land

everything else is merely a SHADOW of this REALITY

No Jesus is not the promised land.If you had paid any attention at all to what my question was,then you would have looked up the verses and saw the beast rules the land that the saints inherit.The land the saints inherit is what I call the promised land,for that land is promised to those in Christ.
What I was attempting to show Vic was that the things some people claim happened long ago hasnt happened at all because if it had,the kingdom would have been restored unto the chosen remnant of Israel as Vic called them.

If Christ is the promised land as you say then he would be governed by the beast.

Shilo,

You ask who would inherit the kingdom of God? It would be the spiritual 'House of Israel'; the true Jews.

Romans 9:6, "...For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed (children of the spirit)."

Romans 2:28, "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

THE HARVEST

Matthew 24:31, “ And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and the angels shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.â€

Matthew 24:40-41, “Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken and the other left.â€

Matthew 25:32, “And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.â€

Ezekiel 11:17, “Therefore say, thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.

Matthew 13:47-49, “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48) which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49) So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just.â€

Isaiah 35:10, “And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.†:clap

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back