Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Question Is Why

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
The Bible sure does have a lot of stories. It's like a script for a movie they want to make. And for all the stories that's in the Bible, sometimes I wonder why? He did leave a lot of holes in many stories. What was going on in heaven before He ceated the universe and man. When did Satan fall? Before? I think they was told that, you don't live here anymore. You can visit but you can't stay. Go live in outer darkness on that planet over there and think about what you said. Now satan tool 1/3 of the Angels with him when he got booted out of the house.

And nothing is said about everyone else lower than God that was in Heaven and saw all of this take place and them get booted out? The other Angels, other beings, and it is entirely possible that some or all of us were there to see it happen, except we could not understand what had happened. No one knew anything about any type of evil. Did that make some curious? Did they ask Abba? What's a machine gun? What's murder? What's a prostitute mean? And God prolly said well it's the opposite of Love. But all of us had only ever known love and nothing else.
(Having no knowledge of good or evil...) What's Love, Daddy? We might not have even known that God is actually good. Because we didn't know what Bad was!

Ok I'll build a school so you can go to school and learn about Love and death. ...And here we are. If one can learn love on earth then when we get to heaven, we'll be experts, lol. If this is so, I'll never be curious again! Lol...

That does sound like something I would do. Being curious about dangerous things. I wonder if we'll be bragging on the experience or more likely warning the young ones, no, be careful you don't even want to know those type of things?!

Did God create Satan or was he an accident?​

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made.

Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and
above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

1Co 15:47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust

1Pe 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1Jo 3:8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The
reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient744 serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the
deceiver of the whole world--he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

G744 ἀρχαῖος archaios

Thayer Definition:
that has been from the beginning, original

2Co 11:3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent3789 deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

G3789 ὄφις óphis; gen. ópheōs, masc. noun.
A snake, serpent. The Gr. word drákōn (G1404), dragon, was a huge serpent

Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient744 serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand
years,

Mar 4:15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes
and takes away the word
that is sown in them.

2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the
light of the gospel
of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith [Satan] that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an
instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing
happened unto you:

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

1Ti 1:20 among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to
blaspheme.

1Co 5:5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day
of the Lord.

Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Luk 10:17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons1140 are subject to us in Your name."

G1140δαιμόνιον

daimónion; gen. daimoníou, the neut. of daimónios, from daímōn (G1142), a demon. Generally, a god, deity, spoken of the heathen gods (Act_17:18); used with the Jewish meaning of a demon, an evil spirit, devil, subject to Satan

Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or
dominions or rulers or authorities
--all things were created through him and for him.

Satan is always where he is needed!

So....
Why did Job, a righteous man suffer evil from the hand of God?

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who
feared God and turned away from evil.

Jam 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and
he himself tempts no one.

Jam 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the
cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

I read from an old "Today in the Word" which is published by Moody Bible Institute a question and answer on Isaiah 45:7.
This is exactly the question and answer:

Q. Isiah record God as saying "I make peace and create evil." Does this mean that God created sin?

A. No, it does not. The word rendered evil in the KJV is better translated calamity. In context, God is telling Israel that He determined that actions would have consequences. He determines the outcome of obedience on one hand and rebellion on the other hand. The consequences of disobedience may be calamitous, as God intended.

So many Christian teachers are so willing to lie about the word of God. This is not a slip or a mistake on the part of this teacher. This teacher is deliberately lying and deceiving on this matter. And how can I say that? I don't need to say it, the teacher himself has admitted it. He said: "The word rendered evil in the KJV is better translated calamity." Now then, how could he say such a think except that he LOOKED AT THE HEBREW WORD rendered evil and found proof that it would be better translated "calamity."

But this is not possible. Let me prove it to you.

Look up the word "calamity" in Strong's Concordance and you will find that calamity is found 19 times in the Bible, all in the Old Testament. Three times calamity is translated from the Hebrew word "havvah" and it means "ruin or calamity." Sixteen times calamity is translated from the Hebrew word "eyd" which is defined as "oppression, misfortune, ruin, calamity and destruction." And here is an example of how it is used in Scripture: "I also will laugh at your CALAMITY" (Prov. 1:26). God is not going to "laugh at your EVIL."

Now then, what word did the Holy Spirit of God inspire to be used in Isa. 45:7? Was it "havvah" or "eyd" which really does mean "calamity?" NO. It was another word. And what word might that be? Well, it would be the word "ra" which means "bad or evil" and is translated "evil" FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY-TWO TIMES in the Old Testament!!

Here are just a few examples of how this word is used:

"And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of the life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and EVIL" (Or does anyone think it should be "the tree of knowledge of good and CALAMITY?" (Gen. 2:9).

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only EVIL continually" (Or does anyone think that God say, "...his heart was only CALAMITOUS continually?" (Gen. 6:5).

Look up EVERY one of the 442 verses where "ra" is translated evil, and you will easily see the truth of this word. "Ra" never, EVER, means "calamity."

H343
ֵאיד
’ēyḏ: A masculine noun meaning calamity or disaster

H1942
ַהָוּה
hawwāh: A feminine noun meaning destruction, desire. This word usually describes an event associated with calamity, evil, or destruction.

Do the math... Only God can create... Satan cannot create evil.... Satan can only Be what He was created to Be!!!

Did God create Satan or was he an accident?​

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made.

Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed are you above all livestock and
above all beasts of the field; on your belly you shall go, and dust you shall eat all the days of your life.

1Co 15:47 The first man was from the earth, a man of dust

1Pe 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

1Jo 3:8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The
reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient744 serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the
deceiver of the whole world--he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

G744 ἀρχαῖος archaios

Thayer Definition:
that has been from the beginning, original

2Co 11:3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent3789 deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

G3789 ὄφις óphis; gen. ópheōs, masc. noun.
A snake, serpent. The Gr. word drákōn (G1404), dragon, was a huge serpent

Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient744 serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand
years,

Mar 4:15 And these are the ones along the path, where the word is sown: when they hear, Satan immediately comes
and takes away the word
that is sown in them.

2Co 4:4 in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the
light of the gospel
of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith [Satan] that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an
instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing
happened unto you:

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

1Ti 1:20 among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to
blaspheme.

1Co 5:5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day
of the Lord.

Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Luk 10:17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons1140 are subject to us in Your name."

G1140δαιμόνιον

daimónion; gen. daimoníou, the neut. of daimónios, from daímōn (G1142), a demon. Generally, a god, deity, spoken of the heathen gods (Act_17:18); used with the Jewish meaning of a demon, an evil spirit, devil, subject to Satan

Col 1:16 For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or
dominions or rulers or authorities
--all things were created through him and for him.

Satan is always where he is needed!

So....
Why did Job, a righteous man suffer evil from the hand of God?

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who
feared God and turned away from evil.

Jam 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and
he himself tempts no one.

Jam 1:14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately weak: who can know it?

2Co 12:7 So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.

Eph 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the
cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

I read from an old "Today in the Word" which is published by Moody Bible Institute a question and answer on Isaiah 45:7.
This is exactly the question and answer:

Q. Isiah record God as saying "I make peace and create evil." Does this mean that God created sin?

A. No, it does not. The word rendered evil in the KJV is better translated calamity. In context, God is telling Israel that He determined that actions would have consequences. He determines the outcome of obedience on one hand and rebellion on the other hand. The consequences of disobedience may be calamitous, as God intended.

So many Christian teachers are so willing to lie about the word of God. This is not a slip or a mistake on the part of this teacher. This teacher is deliberately lying and deceiving on this matter. And how can I say that? I don't need to say it, the teacher himself has admitted it. He said: "The word rendered evil in the KJV is better translated calamity." Now then, how could he say such a think except that he LOOKED AT THE HEBREW WORD rendered evil and found proof that it would be better translated "calamity."

But this is not possible. Let me prove it to you.

Look up the word "calamity" in Strong's Concordance and you will find that calamity is found 19 times in the Bible, all in the Old Testament. Three times calamity is translated from the Hebrew word "havvah" and it means "ruin or calamity." Sixteen times calamity is translated from the Hebrew word "eyd" which is defined as "oppression, misfortune, ruin, calamity and destruction." And here is an example of how it is used in Scripture: "I also will laugh at your CALAMITY" (Prov. 1:26). God is not going to "laugh at your EVIL."

Now then, what word did the Holy Spirit of God inspire to be used in Isa. 45:7? Was it "havvah" or "eyd" which really does mean "calamity?" NO. It was another word. And what word might that be? Well, it would be the word "ra" which means "bad or evil" and is translated "evil" FOUR HUNDRED AND FORTY-TWO TIMES in the Old Testament!!

Here are just a few examples of how this word is used:

"And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of the life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and EVIL" (Or does anyone think it should be "the tree of knowledge of good and CALAMITY?" (Gen. 2:9).

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only EVIL continually" (Or does anyone think that God say, "...his heart was only CALAMITOUS continually?" (Gen. 6:5).

Look up EVERY one of the 442 verses where "ra" is translated evil, and you will easily see the truth of this word. "Ra" never, EVER, means "calamity."

H343
ֵאיד
’ēyḏ: A masculine noun meaning calamity or disaster

H1942
ַהָוּה
hawwāh: A feminine noun meaning destruction, desire. This word usually describes an event associated with calamity, evil, or destruction.

Do the math... Only God can create... Satan cannot create evil.... Satan can only Be what He was created to Be!!!

You do realize that this was posted in the humor section, right? I'm not saying what I wrote is true. I'm saying I was daydreaming. Cool?

You do realize that this was posted in the humor section, right? I'm not saying what I wrote is true. I'm saying I was daydreaming. Cool?
No... I did not! I'm new here. Never been on a Christian forum with a humor section... I only saw the topic... LOL! Thanks for the update!

No... I did not! I'm new here. Never been on a Christian forum with a humor section... I only saw the topic... LOL! Thanks for the update!

Ok, I'm sorry Brother. I didn't mean to catch you off guard, lol.

But it is fascinating to me to think that after this is all done and we are in Heaven with God in His Kingdom...we are going to be walking around in possession of some very unique experiences and all of the acoompanying wisdom that goes with it. We will have soo many campfire stories. (all scary, lol).

Welcome to the forum Brother! :woot2

Back