Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Sabbath Day Or Sunday

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

mharold

I done read the bible and it never once say go to church on Sunday but it always was Saturday, the Sabbath Day. My question is can somebody show me why we go to church on Sunday and please other than the day Lord rose on Sunday.

Temple was on Saturday We dont kill a lamb today either.. Church is on Sunday?

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

(Leviticus 23:1-44) And there 7 different sabbath days and a sabbath year. And I believe that we should keep the 10 commandments cause I don't believe that was part of the law that was nail to the cross.And that the 4 commandment..Remember my Sabbath.... So I go to (Matt.5:19) Whosoever threrefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be call the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them,the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. See my thing is that word commandments.Matt.12:8 For the Son of Man is the Lord even of the sabbath day..I get from that scripture that the Sabbath day is the Lord Day.

and thanks... I like this....

(Leviticus 23:1-44) And there 7 different sabbath days and a sabbath year. And I believe that we should keep the 10 commandments cause I don't believe that was part of the law that was nail to the cross.And that the 4 commandment..Remember my Sabbath.... So I go to (Matt.5:19) Whosoever threrefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be call the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them,the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. See my thing is that word commandments.Matt.12:8 For the Son of Man is the Lord even of the sabbath day..I get from that scripture that the Sabbath day is the Lord Day.

We are not under the old covenant (Heb 8:13) but new covenant with better promise (Heb 8:6). God married Israel (Isa 54:5) but divorced because of Israel didn't keep the old covenant and involved in adultery (Jer 3:8). Now, God cannot take Israel or His people back (Jer 3:1). So, God sent His Son as an atonement (Eze 16:62-63) to wash the sins of His people (1 Jn 2:2) and to marry them again (Mark 2:19-20) through a new covenant (Heb 9:15).

If you follow any of the old covenant, you go to the Father as a divorced wife which is an abomination (Deu 24:1-4). So, you must go to the Father through Jesus Christ (John 14:6) who is the only way using the new covenant as a bride (Rev 21:9).

Hence, if you follow Sabbath, it's abomination ;) There is no Sabbath in new covenant. Hence, Christians meet on Sunday, just like any other day to praise God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back