Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The science and the ten commandments.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Any study of social interactions of human interactions will support the ten commandmentsof an excellent set of base line rules for a civil society.

Similar rules are in place in most societies even if they never heard of the bible. If notions are present in peoples that have never heard of "me" or"my book" doesn't that make those notions "more true"?

Some of the Ten are good examples of how a society should act, No murder, No thievery or theft, No lieing, Respecting authority, and No adultery. Others ones tend to not be society but relgion specific, such as Keep the sabbath holy, No graven images, No worshiping other gods, Don't take the lord god's name in vain. These four aren't that important to societies outside of Christianity. The last one, don't Covette your neighbor's goods or wife is weird because how Capitalist societies work is through want and supplying both wants and needs. I can understand warning against jealousy and envy, but this is a comandment that depends on the society itself and what is the economic model.

Just my thoughts.

I look at not taking the lords name in vain as limits onwhat you can say. You can rip a guy'spolicy without ripping his character type of thing. Unless of course the character is what we are questioning. For example, I don't like Obama as apresident, but I have no trouble with him as a person.

"coveting" to me is a line between "liking tohave" or "working towards" a goal and "obsessing" or"envious" about getting something. The later is capitalism unchecked, and is exactly what the ten commandantsspeak against to me.

Any study of social interactions of human interactions will support the ten commandmentsof an excellent set of base line rules for a civil society.

Similar rules are in place in most societies even if they never heard of the bible. If notions are present in peoples that have never heard of "me" or"my book" doesn't that make those notions "more true"?

Not only that, but Social Sciences and especially their use of Statistics give hard evidence in support of things we read in the Bible.

The eye for an eye justice that is meted out by the secular society to their members in violation of say, murder, is confirmed statistically:

murdervsexecut-1.jpg

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back