Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The seven woes

C

ChristineES

Does anyone want to do the seven woes with me? These can be found in Matthew Chapter 23 starting at verse 13. I will start with the first one, and someone else can do the 2nd, and another the third and so on.
I will start with Matthew 23:13:
Mat 23:13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men. For you neither go in, nor do you allow those entering to go in.

This is about being a bad witness!! The Pharisees seemed to believe that only they would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, that no one else was good enough. If you remember from your bible study, The Pharisees were always after Jesus about keeping the Sabbath, not washing before he ate, eating with sinners and so forth. Jesus told them that they are keeping themselves and others out of The Kingdom!

The next person will do Matthew 23:14. :fadein:

ChristineES said:
Does anyone want to do the seven woes with me? These can be found in Matthew Chapter 23 starting at verse 13. I will start with the first one, and someone else can do the 2nd, and another the third and so on.
I will start with Matthew 23:13:
Mat 23:13 But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men. For you neither go in, nor do you allow those entering to go in.

This is about being a bad witness!! The Pharisees seemed to believe that only they would enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, that no one else was good enough. If you remember from your bible study, The Pharisees were always after Jesus about keeping the Sabbath, not washing before he ate, eating with sinners and so forth. Jesus told them that they are keeping themselves and others out of The Kingdom!

The next person will do Matthew 23:14. :fadein:

Remember Christine.....Jesus was scolding them for the "man made" laws....Jesus' main emphasis is pure Torah....chuck the man made law.

Back