Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Skills of David

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
The king will give work to a man who works well. But he has to do better than most men. Proverbs 22:29

Yeah Good morning, Good afternoon, and Good Evening from where ever you are. Today we want to see how good David was in his skills

David was a Shepherd boy before he became a King. Today He is one of the ancestors of Jesus Christ.

People read the Bible and made mention of David because He is brave. What I want to point out is, David was not just brave for nothing. He was so skillful that at one throw He does Hit his target.

Lets quickly look at three different phases where David Skills was outstanding

1. He is too good at playing musical instruments that His melodies and chords could chase devils from hurting someone. In short there was a record of David playing an instrument called "Harp" for the King of His country to save him from Evil Spirits in 1 Samuel 16:23

It reads that

"Whenever the evil spirit from God bothered Saul, David would play his harp. Saul would relax and feel better, and the evil spirit would go away. "

2. David was accurate in hitting his target for the first time when he throws objects. Today I see people on YouTube and social media copying David by throwing basket ball, cards, bottles to hit a target. Sometimes the online memes tried for hours or days before they hit their target but David will throw an object even while he is on the run and the object will perfectly aim it's target.

A record about this was found in 1 Samuel 17:49 (PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME)

David reached into his bag and he took out a stone. He put the stone into his sling and he threw it. The stone hit Goliath's head, above his eyes. It went in very deep. Goliath fell down with his face on the ground.

(The purpose of this article is to encourage people to sharpen their skills and practice their vocation to become the best in Their field)

Common my friend keep reading. I bet if you follow the footstep of David you will be great like him.)

3. David perfectly wrote most of the Book of Psalms in the Bible. I think David has it in mind since His childhood to be the best in life. And truly He was the best. The book of Psalms is a library of liberty. David was able to write these Psalms because He was close to God, and He admires the things of God in His life. So it's like David was writing Letter to God all the time he is in any situation.

Have you ever written one letter to God before and if you have ever written God in your letter was it a perfect letter like that of David; Showing how wonderful God is?. You need to see how David will feel if you do your best to outclass him in your devotions to God. God called David a man after His own heart because of these things.

I'm very glad David stand before Kings and before God as a special man and He inspires me a lot to be a better person in my life.

So, we have learned about many people who trusted God long ago. They are like a very big crowd all round us and we should copy their example. We must be like people who run in a race . We must throw away everything that stops us from running well. The sins that we do make us fall down very easily. We must not let those sins rule us. God has prepared the way that is in front of us. We must continue to be strong while we run along that way. We must choose to run that race well. Hebrews 12:1

ITS never too late because it's not over. If you begin today you can be somewhere tomorrow and high and high you go if you don't stop!

images - 2021-09-02T161227.032.jpeg

Last edited:
David was indeed multitalented,. in a time when people had to make their own entertainment, many people could play an instrument and musical ability was highly valued.

He was a Good shepherd being willing to fight a lion and a bear.
his skill with a sling is not that unusual, a life time of practice makes one good.

he most impressive skill was his seal for God, willing to wait for God to make him King.

I strongly second the suggestion for us all to work at and become skilled in handling the bible , in explaining it and in discussing apologetics.

The bible is our sword, yet how many know how to use it!

Back