Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Son of God

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Hey everybody, since tomorrow is Good Friday and it's only just a few more days to Easter a few questions have been on my mind and I decided to label it: "The Son of God" since they're all about Jesus and the final question relates to the title.

1. Is it true that Jesus waited three days to rise from the dead because something having to do with Jewish beliefs? (I forgot what it was and obviously I don't mean Jewish like we know of the Jewish religion today.)

2. Remind me again, why exactly did they want to crucify Jesus?

3. If Jesus is the SON of God then how can He actually BE God? (This is the trinity thing that always has me confused. I still look at it as they're all a family and even though they're all one being related to each other that they're not actually each other.)

1. According to Jewish tradition a persons soul/spirit remained with the dead body for three days. If Jesus resurrection had occurred on the same day or the next it would have been easier for His enemies to argue He never died. It was important for Jesus to be dead for three days in order to fulfill prophecy as He claimed He would be dead for three days, Matthew 12:40; 16:21; 27:63; John 2:19. The three days were also important as being the exact day when the Passover lambs were sacrificed.

2. The Pharisees hated Jesus as they saw Him as a threat to their way of life in having favor with the Romans. They were jealous of the attention Jesus was getting from the crowds that followed after Him and deemed His miracles of healing others as they attributed Jesus powers to the devil, Matthew 12:23, 24. They called Him a blasphemer, a wine bibbler and one who sat and ate with sinners. They hated Jesus as He claimed oneness with God and had no respect for their tradtions. They mostly hated Him as He characterized the Pharisees and Scribes and condemed them, Matthew 23:1-36.

3. The Trinity/Deity can be looked at in a simple form as being God's Spirit, but in three distinct ways. It's like a can of 3-in-1 oil. It's all oil, but used in many differeny ways. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. All three co-equal God's Spirit

Scriptures that reference Jesus being refered to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

1. According to Jewish tradition a persons soul/spirit remained with the dead body for three days. If Jesus resurrection had occurred on the same day or the next it would have been easier for His enemies to argue He never died. It was important for Jesus to be dead for three days in order to fulfill prophecy as He claimed He would be dead for three days, Matthew 12:40; 16:21; 27:63; John 2:19. The three days were also important as being the exact day when the Passover lambs were sacrificed.

2. The Pharisees hated Jesus as they saw Him as a threat to their way of life in having favor with the Romans. They were jealous of the attention Jesus was getting from the crowds that followed after Him and deemed His miracles of healing others as they attributed Jesus powers to the devil, Matthew 12:23, 24. They called Him a blasphemer, a wine bibbler and one who sat and ate with sinners. They hated Jesus as He claimed oneness with God and had no respect for their tradtions. They mostly hated Him as He characterized the Pharisees and Scribes and condemed them, Matthew 23:1-36.

3. The Trinity/Deity can be looked at in a simple form as being God's Spirit, but in three distinct ways. It's like a can of 3-in-1 oil. It's all oil, but used in many differeny ways. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. All three co-equal God's Spirit

Scriptures that reference Jesus being refered to as God:
John 1:1-14; John 10:30; Romans 9:5; Colossians 2:9; Hebrews 1:8, 9; 1 John 5:7, 8, 20; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 3:17; 13:14; Isaiah 9:6; 44:6; Luke 1:35; Matthew 1:23; 28:19; John 14:16, 17; Genesis 1:1, 2 (cross reference John 1:1-14); 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 1:15-17; John 14:9-11; Philippians 2:5-8; Rev 1:8

Scriptures that refer the Holy Spirit as being God:
Psalms 139:7, 8; John 14:17; 16:13; Isaiah 40:13; 1 Corinthians 2:10, 11; Zechariah 4:6; Luke 1:35; Ephesians 4:4-6; Romans 5:5; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; Jude 1:20

Thanks and I forgot I had one other question,.. how can Jesus be the one and only begotten Son if we are all God's children? The trinity makes a lot more sense to me when you put it like that though. :)

Hey everybody, since tomorrow is Good Friday and it's only just a few more days to Easter a few questions have been on my mind and I decided to label it: "The Son of God" since they're all about Jesus and the final question relates to the title.

1. Is it true that Jesus waited three days to rise from the dead because something having to do with Jewish beliefs? (I forgot what it was and obviously I don't mean Jewish like we know of the Jewish religion today.)

2. Remind me again, why exactly did they want to crucify Jesus?

3. If Jesus is the SON of God then how can He actually BE God? (This is the trinity thing that always has me confused. I still look at it as they're all a family and even though they're all one being related to each other that they're not actually each other.)
1. The Jewish religion today is a reformed version of the one that was in Jesus time. The Torah and words of the prophets is and was the same. Jesus had to do things according to the things written in the old testament. Jonah is a picture of Jesus, and all the prophets prophesied about him.

2. Simply because he (Jesus) called himself God and said he (Jesus) and the father who everybody knew as the God of Israel was the same as him (Jesus). It says somewhere in a museum that they crucified him because he was a rebel against the roman government that governed at that time. They wanted him dead simply because his teaching and authority for too much to handle.

3. Just as he accused the Jews in his time for being children of Satan, The child of Satan is Jesus eyes is someone that doesnt believe in his message and believe that he is the son of God. The child of God is the opposite. Jesus is the son of God because of his submissive authority in the father. They are the same in nature. Son of god, is reference to Daniels book in which Daniels 3 friends were in the fire with a preexistence of Christ. The gospel of John answers all your questions.

Back