Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Song of Solomon

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
in certain ways, the natural is just a metaphor for the things of the spirit. c.s. lewis said that we live in the "shadowlands" and that the things we perceive as real (in physical creation) are really just shadows cast by the true light of heaven. part of the problem, i think, is that we tend to read the bible anthropomorphically, and project our non-spiritual human experience into spiritual realities.

Very well said.... The whole post! I wanted to comment on this paragraph, especially the last part. I think the Bible is written to use natural examples to guide us to understand the spiritual side. In other words, God and his Holy Men purposely used things things of the natural world like trees (I am the vine you are the branch) and in this instance, love making, to explain spiritual world things so we could have some comprehension of the spiritual relm. Of course the natural man can't understand the things of the spirit, but its enough of a likeness to get us going in the right direction.

Good post!!!

Very well said.... The whole post! I wanted to comment on this paragraph, especially the last part. I think the Bible is written to use natural examples to guide us to understand the spiritual side. In other words, God and his Holy Men purposely used things things of the natural world like trees (I am the vine you are the branch) and in this instance, love making, to explain spiritual world things so we could have some comprehension of the spiritual relm. Of course the natural man can't understand the things of the spirit, but its enough of a likeness to get us going in the right direction.

Good post!!!

What about single Christian people who are not into lovemaking. How do they grasp the metaphor..since sex is for married people. I think at times we find the topic of sex so embarrassing we have to put a religious spin on it.

How would you spiritualise an ORGASM. I believe that there are aspects to the physical act of sex that has to be dealt with physically without taking it to the spiritual realm.

Last edited by a moderator:
How would you spiritualise an ORGASM. I believe that there are aspects to the physical act of sex that has to be dealt with physically without taking it to the spiritual realm.
I have had experiences in the Spirit that make every pleasure I have ever known (including orgasms) seem like nothing in comparison.

"You will fill me with joy in Your Presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." (Psalm 16:11)

When you ask how you would "spiritualize" an orgasm, I think you still have things backwards. As I said above, the things of the Spirit are the real things. The things of the natural are shadows and types of the real things of the Spirit. God is not asking us to lower the pleasures of the Spirit to the level of human sex. Rather, He is calling us to elevate the beauty of romantic intimacy (in the natural) and see that it is meant to point us back to the original, glorious realities of the Heavenly realm. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

I think I mostly agree with slider.

However one must understand the Bible is primarily revelation as well as history, poetry, literal/parable etc. On emust understand it holistically.

Abide, I am sure whilst the spiritual revelation of SofS is God and His creation, Christ and His church, it must also be about the sexual intimacy between husband and wife that it describes. God created woman and man to be in union, and all He created is good.

As to those who are single, that doesnt mean He didnt created the people who are single and for His purposes, but it does mean in sexual union is as husband and wife.
For those who are single they are no different from anyone else as part of the church as the bride of Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back