Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Speechless Wedding Man

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

smaller

Have you ever read the scripture about this wedding feast and A MAN who was tossed out of the wedding and thought in your heart, "I sure don't want to be that person?"

Matthew 21:
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

How about the often used statement in the scripture "many are called but few are chosen," and likewise thought, "I certainly want to be chosen."

I have, countless times.

There is a quick check methodology of facts I employ to dissect every account in the text.

All have sin.
All have sinned.
Sin is of the devil.

If you don't know these scriptures, look them up or ask.

How does this happen? Jesus tells us in Mark 4:15 and the other related parables of the sower, in essence, where the Word is sown, SATAN enters the heart to steal the Word among other miscreant activities such as lying, murder, oh, you name it on the sin. Satan is behind it.

In essence then, everyone has this big PROBLEM and the PROBLEM isn't even THEM. It's Satan. Few can see this is actually THEIR problem. They just think it's them. Well, it's not.

So, applying this fact set to the above account, many guests were compelled to come in, both good and bad. So we know there were in fact BAD GUESTS at the wedding feast. Why weren't they shoved out the door?

No, just a SINGLE attendant was pinpointed out for having no wedding garment. The king came in, looked upon THE GUESTS and the king saw A MAN. Not a guest, A MAN. And 'that MAN' was singled out, questioned by the king, and promptly tossed out the door, bound hand and foot, into darkness.

Rather a strange way to treat a wedding guest isn't it?

Not if we see that A MAN tagged his way in with EVERY guest in the room.

Get the picture? That man tossed out is SATAN. A MAN. THE MAN OF SIN.

MANY were called in. Good and bad. Few are chosen. Obviously few of that group were chosen as there was only A MAN chosen, singled out and tossed. Who then was the chosen in that example? Certainly the MANY who were called were and remained there as ACCEPTED GUESTS so they were not the chosen, but the many.

Not everything is as it may first appear on the surface.

enjoy!

smaller

Have you ever read the scripture about this wedding feast and A MAN who was tossed out of the wedding and thought in your heart, "I sure don't want to be that person?"

Matthew 21:
8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

How about the often used statement in the scripture "many are called but few are chosen," and likewise thought, "I certainly want to be chosen."

I have, countless times.

There is a quick check methodology of facts I employ to dissect every account in the text.

All have sin.
All have sinned.
Sin is of the devil.

If you don't know these scriptures, look them up or ask.

How does this happen? Jesus tells us in Mark 4:15 and the other related parables of the sower, in essence, where the Word is sown, SATAN enters the heart to steal the Word among other miscreant activities such as lying, murder, oh, you name it on the sin. Satan is behind it.

In essence then, everyone has this big PROBLEM and the PROBLEM isn't even THEM. It's Satan. Few can see this is actually THEIR problem. They just think it's them. Well, it's not.

So, applying this fact set to the above account, many guests were compelled to come in, both good and bad. So we know there were in fact BAD GUESTS at the wedding feast. Why weren't they shoved out the door?

No, just a SINGLE attendant was pinpointed out for having no wedding garment. The king came in, looked upon THE GUESTS and the king saw A MAN. Not a guest, A MAN. And 'that MAN' was singled out, questioned by the king, and promptly tossed out the door, bound hand and foot, into darkness.

Rather a strange way to treat a wedding guest isn't it?

Not if we see that A MAN tagged his way in with EVERY guest in the room.

Get the picture? That man tossed out is SATAN. A MAN. THE MAN OF SIN.

MANY were called in. Good and bad. Few are chosen. Obviously few of that group were chosen as there was only A MAN chosen, singled out and tossed. Who then was the chosen in that example? Certainly the MANY who were called were and remained there as ACCEPTED GUESTS so they were not the chosen, but the many.

Not everything is as it may first appear on the surface.

enjoy!

smaller

This Wedding Garment represents what Adam & Eve had before sin. Christ say that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN all the way back to the START!

--Elijah

This Wedding Garment represents what Adam & Eve had before sin.

A casual read through 1 Cor. 15 will tell you exactly what Adam and Eve had, and it was far from Perfect.

Doesn't simple reason tell you that God probably didn't intend to leave Adam/Eve as an eternal pile of wet dust?

Paul tells us 'both' in 1 Cor. 15 that Adam was in fact quite a natural man subject to all the natural man's issues in a 'natural body.' Just like the rest of us.
Christ say that we MUST BE BORN AGAIN all the way back to the START!

--Elijah
Look E. In this thread I'm contemplating the fact that believers are to live by EVERY WORD OF GOD and this is what I 'personally' believe, discounting or eradicating not ONE WORD.

So, I asked you a very specific question. One that you didn't even bother to address. I would try it again but we seem to have a hard time connecting on simple reasoning. If you want to go back and take a swing at it, great. Otherwise this is not going to be the thread where everything in the entire text means show up in a building on Saturday.

s

postscript: in review I asked you about Adam in another thread. As it applies to this thread and the wedding garment as it pertains to Adam, the above observations still stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that may be all but those of the faith will have Jesus say he or she is with me.

I might observe one matter of the wedding, that the guests were 'good and bad.'

Now, one person may read that 'some' were good and 'some' were bad. That is a subjective sight of the reader and the brilliance of the text itself, particularly as believers when we try to see ourselves as the 'entirely good.'

Fact is that every single person at that Wedding Feast was both good and bad as a matter of real observations that any of us can see in 'real life.'

So, one might say that there is a very rosy set of glasses that comes with some people's faith that may not be either truthful or realistic.

I 'personally' prefer a real set of faith glasses even if the information isn't to my personal liking or in my personal 'best interests.'

s

Back