Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Speed Of Light

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Neil deGrasse Tyson Says Media Misled Over Speed Of Light Story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...dia-speed-of-light_n_5634547.html?cps=gravity
: 08/01/2014 3:59 pm EDT

n-NEIL-DEGRASSE-TYSON-SPEED-OF-LIGHT-large570.jpg

So is this how he rationalizes faster-than-light travel implied by his accelerating and acclerating universe?

Somehow I don't think this will have much affect on my life in the near future. Interesting though.

Have any of you heard of Gerald Schroeder's theory of faith on Creation and the theory of light?
He is a physics professor, a Jew by faith, and writes an interesting account of Einstein's theory of time, without the need to change the theory of light....apparently when light expands into more space, relative time changes....we are assuming of course that time is something created by God on day one in Genesis.... so on earth each creative day is 24 hours long, but as the light expands and moves away from us into more and more space, the relativity of that time increases...Time is not a universal constant...there are only two universal constants as far as I understand, but I could be wrong, they are GOD and SPACE. Space is a term used to describe nothing. God on the other hand is infinitely something.

Matter is something hidden that moved originally out from God's hand.

Hab 3:4 And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.

This word is used only once in Scripture, so it's meaning is a theory of faith on it's own.

Time is defined as the movement of matter relative to matter in space. So as earth time begins on day one of creation, and other matter moves away from us, we have time rushing into existence, assuming that is called time....(that's another story)

Anyway I found Gerald's lectures fascinating, and answers a lots of problems.

True Science only deals objectively with the NOW, and experimentally tests only the NOW, Science cannot test objectively the Past, So what we discuss here is at best always hypotheses....only wish our brothers the Evolutionists saw their theories of faith as mere hypotheses as well. However I like mine better because they make more sense and are Bible based. And anyway it takes less faith to believe in Creation from a Designer than it does with Big Bang Evolution.

This is my first post on CFN as a Science Teacher who loves Christian Science. Call me Rob. I praise for the Creation Science Movement, and other Christian Scientists who are developing real Science based on Scripture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back