Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Story of the RainMaker and The Spirit

The Story of the RainMaker and The Spirit
-----------
John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

The Bible teaches that spiritual things are spiritually understood
1 Corinthians 2:13 When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths.

Malachi 3:10
Yehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”

Ezekiel 12:28
“Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign Lord.’”

The Fulfillment of the Word at the end time
Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true.

Joshua 23:14 “Now my time has come to die. Every one of you knows in his heart and soul that the Lord your God has given you all the good things that he promised. Every promise he made has been kept; not one has failed.
Jeremiah 1:12 The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.”

Lamentations 2:17
The Lord has done what he planned;
he has fulfilled his word,
which he decreed long ago.

----------

Rainmaker

Psalm 148:7
Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, 8 fire and hail, snow and mist, stormy wind fulfilling his word!
1 Kings 18:44
The seventh time the servant reported, "A cloud as small as a man's hand is rising from the sea." So Elijah said, "Go and tell Ahab, 'Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.'"
----------
1 Kings 18:45 And soon the sky was black with clouds. A heavy wind brought a terrific rainstorm, and Ahab left quickly for Jezreel.

Nahum 1:1-8

The oracle of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. A jealous and avenging God is the LORD; The LORD is avenging and wrathful The LORD takes vengeance on His adversaries, And He reserves wrath for His enemies. The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And the LORD will by no means leave the guilty unpunished

In whirlwind and storm is His way, And clouds are the dust beneath His feet.

He rebukes the sea and makes it dry; He dries up all the rivers Bashan and Carmel wither; The blossoms of Lebanon wither. Mountains quake because of Him And the hills dissolve; Indeed the earth is upheaved by His presence, The world and all the inhabitants in it. Who can stand before His indignation? Who can endure the burning of His anger? His wrath is poured out like fire And the rocks are broken up by Him. The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble, And He knows those who take refuge in Him. But with an overflowing flood He will make a complete end of its site, And will pursue His enemies into darkness.

Psalm 46:1-10
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah

2 Samuel 22:12
He shrouded himself in darkness, veiling his approach with dense rain clouds.

Psalm 75:2-3
"When I select an appointed time, It is I who judge with equity. "The earth and all who dwell in it melt; It is I who have firmly set its pillars. Selah.

-----------
Job 22:14 Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us as he goes about in the vaulted heavens.'
------------
Deuteronomy 4:11
And you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, while the mountain burned with fire to the heart of heaven, wrapped in darkness, cloud, and gloom.
-------------
Judges 5:4 “LORD, when you set out from Seir and marched across the fields of Edom, the earth trembled, and the cloudy skies poured down rain.
Job 26:8 He wraps the rain in his thick clouds, and the clouds don’t burst with the weight.

By Fire
Samuel-2 23:4
Is as the light of the morning when the sun rises, A morning without clouds, When the tender grass springs out of the earth, Through sunshine after rain.'
------------

Zephaniah 3:8-10

"Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD, "For the day when I rise up as a witness Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal. "For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, That all of them may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him shoulder to shoulder. "From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia My worshipers, My dispersed ones, Will bring My offerings.
------------
Isaiah 13:10 The stars of heaven and their constellations will not show their light. The rising sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light.

Jeremiah 7:18-20

"The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods in order to spite Me. "Do they spite Me?" declares the LORD "Is it not themselves they spite, to their own shame?" Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, My anger and My wrath will be poured out on this place, on man and on beast and on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground; and it will burn and not be quenched."
-------------
Job 35:5 Look at the heavens and see; And behold the clouds--they are higher than you.

pslam 77:17 The clouds poured out water; The skies gave forth a sound; Your arrows flashed here and there.
_________
The Morning Star
----------
Judges 5:31 "So may all your enemies perish, LORD! But may all who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength." Then the land had peace forty years.

Psalm 19:4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.

Malachi 4:2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.
2 Peter 1:19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
------------
and men perverted it.
Aleister Crowley recommended daily adoration of the sun, and this is performed by many members of the occult order he headed, Ordo Templi Orientis, as well as those who are adherents of the religion he founded, Thelema.

------------
God gave the Sabbath to Israel as a sign of His special covenant with His chosen people. It was part of an elaborate system of sacrifices, rituals, and offerings

Exodus 31:13
"Say to the Israelites,
'You must observe my Sabbaths.
This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.
14 "'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people.

Nehemiah 9:13 You came down on Mount Sinai
and spoke to them from heaven.
You gave them just ordinances, true laws,
and good statutes and commandments.
14 You revealed to them Your holy Sabbath,
and gave them commandments and statutes and laws

through Your servant Moses.
---------------
The Epistle to the Hebrews makes it clear, however, that the coming of the Messiah invalidated these regulations

Hebrews 10:1 For the law is only a shadow of the good things to come, not the realities themselves. It can never, by the same sacrifices offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 If it could, would not the offerings have ceased? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt the guilt of their sins.

3 Instead, those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said:

“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,

but a body You prepared for me.

6 In burnt offerings and sin offerings

You took no delight.

7 Then I said, ‘Here I am, it is written about Me in the scroll:

I have come to do Your will, O God.’”

8 In the passage above He says, “Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them” (although they are offered according to the law). 9 Then He adds, “Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been sanctified through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 Day after day every priest stands to minister and to offer again and again the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.
12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time, He waits for His enemies to be made a footstool for His feet,
14 because by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified.

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says:

16 “This is the covenant I will make with them

after those days, declares the Lord.

I will put My laws in their hearts

and inscribe them on their minds.”

17 Then He adds:

“Their sins and lawless acts

I will remember no more.”

18 And where these have been forgiven, an offering for sin is no longer needed.

It emphasizes that the Old Testament has been replaced by a new covenant (Hebrews 8:7-13 ).
Paul warned the church in Galatia about legalism relating to the Mosaic law, saying:
Galatians 4:9 So now that you know God (or should I say, now that God knows you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world? You are trying to earn favor with God by observing certain days or months or seasons or years.

The Morning Star
____Venus___________
Why is Jesus refered to as the Morning Star?
-------
Revelations 22:16
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Luke 10:18 “Yes,” he told them, “I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning!

the connection of the morning star with Jesus makes good sense, because compassion is the essence of Jesus' teaching.

Isaiah 14:12
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations!
(king of Babylon)
In Isaiah 14 the prophet is taunting the king of Babylon:

Ecclesiasticus
Sirach 50:6 He shone in his days as the morning star in the midst of a cloud, and as the moon at the full.

Matthew 22:37 And He said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'

----------

Psalm 75:2-3

"When I select an appointed time, It is I who judge with equity. "The earth and all who dwell in it melt; It is I who have firmly set its pillars. Selah.

So much Spiritual understanding within all these scriptures as the carnal mind could not comprehend that of the Spirit.

John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Back