Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Temple of God

2 Thess 2:4 - The Temple of God in which the Antichrist will sit is:

• The Body of Christ (the Church)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

• Other

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Very interesting and thought provoking question.
  • I believe this applies to the bishops of Rome. Dominus was given titles such as "Our Lord God the pope" and "Another God on earth".
These bishops usurped the authority given them in the early church. They claimed divine honors and powers. So I believe this passage fits them perfectly.

The body of christ is where antichrist is, because i've wittnessed his presense and came against his spirit. Lost friends in the process. I can literally feel this spirit in some places, it's tangible. The antichrist spirit is humanistic,seductive, and a spirit of the world, rolled into one. It's big and very powerful. I know i must sound crazy. The antichrist is alive and well and living in those who love the world yet claim to love God. They will not know his true idenity when he comes in the flesh, they will clamor to take his mark and esteem him as God. The church is in a preparation period now, getting ready to recieve him as they've recieved his spirit. As far as his physical appearence, that part God has not given me, I would be guessing, but probably Jerusalem.

destiny said:
The body of christ is where antichrist is, because i've wittnessed his presense and came against his spirit. Lost friends in the process. I can literally feel this spirit in some places, it's tangible. The antichrist spirit is humanistic,seductive, and a spirit of the world, rolled into one. It's big and very powerful. I know i must sound crazy. The antichrist is alive and well and living in those who love the world yet claim to love God. They will not know his true idenity when he comes in the flesh, they will clamor to take his mark and esteem him as God. The church is in a preparation period now, getting ready to recieve him as they've recieved his spirit. As far as his physical appearence, that part God has not given me, I would be guessing, but probably Jerusalem.

Keep having the courage to say what God is revealing to you in your heart destiny. Don't worry about what anyone says or if they think you are crazy. You will be rewarded by God and vindicated on that Day. Keep listening to Jesus, God's Word to you, the Good Teacher.

"Thy Word is a light unto my feet and a lamp unto my path" (Psalm 119:105).

JMW

destiny said:
Jesus My Wisdom said:
Please explain your reasons why.
And your reasons are?

I believe it is the church since Paul is so insistent elsewhere that the church is the temple of God, being the place where the Spirit of God dwells. Peter also speaks of us as the temple of God, living stones.

I can find no reason to suppose Paul is referring to a stone temple in Jerusalem.

Accusing Stephen they said:

They put forward false witnesses who said, "This man incessantly speaks against this Holy Place and the Law; for we have heard him say that this Nazarene, Jesus, will destroy this place and alter the customs which Moses handed down to us."

And Stephen responded in testimony:

But it was Solomon who built a house for him. Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands; as the prophet says, "Heaven is my throne, and earth my footstool. What house will you build for me, says the Lord.

So, they killed him.

JMW

Jesus My Wisdom said:
destiny said:
[quote="Jesus My Wisdom":7894d]Please explain your reasons why.
And your reasons are?

I believe it is the church since Paul is so insistent elsewhere that the church is the temple of God, being the place where the Spirit of God dwells. Peter also speaks of us as the temple of God, living stones.

I can find no reason to suppose Paul is referring to a stone temple in Jerusalem.

Accusing Stephen they said:

They put forward false witnesses who said, "This man incessantly speaks against this Holy Place and the Law; for we have heard him say that this Nazarene, Jesus, will destroy this place and alter the customs which Moses handed down to us."

And Stephen responded in testimony:

But it was Solomon who built a house for him. Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands; as the prophet says, "Heaven is my throne, and earth my footstool. What house will you build for me, says the Lord.

So, they killed him.

JMW[/quote:7894d]
I agree.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back