Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The theist vs. the Atheists.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

childeye

I just spent a month on an atheist forum. I posted a thread titled "the God term", wherein I asked how atheists defined the term "God". The thread had over 20,000 views and I was swamped with responses and barely able to keep up. At first all of the discourse was basically fighting complete misperceptions of Christianity with no lack of personally aimed expletives. But it progressed to some more productive exchanges.

In the end I was able to show that there is one absolute Spiritual Truth which is Love, and that all lies were revealed as hypocrisy. Most of the atheists pride themselves on being free thinkers and view all morality as completely subjective and relative. I think they were surprised to find that I could easily take anything they said and show how their reasoning always ended in a contradiction. I even showed them how I could do this using semantics.

In the end I finally showed that scripture said that God is Love, a real and living experience for all men. Also I showed that since the universe came from a singularity then only monotheism was possible. Therefore all men must have the same God if God was behind the singularity. Consequently, using their own words from the record, I showed that they created their own false images of god\gods and then denied his existence based on those false images. I proved that atheism was a straw man argument. Yet after all of this they only denied what was right before their eyes and told me how they wished I would leave. I ask for your prayers for them all.

The following is from a post I prepared for them. Please excuse the profanity. I would like to know if anyone else on this forum sees Truth this way.

Atheist: We both know we're not changing eachother's minds. The truth is completely subjective. I'm pretty sure you know this, even though you'll never admit it.

Chideye: Your perspective of the Truth and mine are unique and differing subjective views. The Truth itself is not subjective. Whether I change your mind or not is irrelative. I believe or at least hope everyone will come to know the Truth eventually.

Atheist: You've been working really hard at whatever game it is that you're playing. I give you credit for that. I just wish you would get to the point already. We're not simple children here. We have lived, loved, cried, mourned, awed, experienced many different things. We have thought and studied and questioned and answered and still do, just like you. We would not be here if this was not the case. Like I said, we are not new to this stuff, make a good point or make room for the next believer to ply their tactic.

Childeye: Okay, your words here have left me feeling like you stamped an exclamation point right on my forehead. I'm going to try a different approach. I'm going to address semantics. It doesn't matter how smart you guys are. It requires some faith and humility to get this. Also this that I will present is only a small step in my understanding.

If you recall, Morondog, post 1970 had eloquently said in no uncertain terms that the only thing he is certain of is that all men are full of ++++. I agreed whole heartedly. This is no different than saying all men are ignorant. But I also implied to him that since he recognized this, then he had declared a self-evident Truth. That means it stands up to the hypocrisy test. There was no hypocrisy in his statement. No contradiction of blind reasoning. Just pure unadulterated Truth in his conscience.

So I then attempted to build upon that Truth towards a greater or higher Truth. I did this by asserting that Morondog was less full of ++++ than some guy who thinks he is not full of ++++ but others are. Then Morondog got lost in the semantics and said, "no I am more full of ++++". He couldn't see or was afraid to see, that he was less full of ++++ than the other guy, for he felt that would be full of ++++. He would not take that step with me because he was afraid of becoming proud even though his sentiments were from humility. He was too proud to admit he was humble.

Now stop and think a bit about the semantics here so as not to get confused. If you become lost you will not see anything. Because we are talking in degrees about a direction away from Truth and a direction towards Truth because we are talking about ignorance of Truth. Therefore the same binary terms will mean the exact opposite in the mind of a person heading away from the Truth into ignorance than they mean in the mind of his counterpart, the person heading towards Truth away from ignorance. I'll say that again in a different way to bring forth clarity. A man who walks away from the Love of others to serve his own interests above others, thinks it is "good" to do so, and therefore "bad" to walk towards Love. While a man who walks towards Love of others in lieu of his own worldly comfort, thinks it is "bad" to walk away from Love, and "good" to walk towards Love of others. This is the difference between the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. All binary terms reverse meanings depending upon whether you serve the flesh or the spirit. Therefore, what is "success" to the carnal mind, such as riches and fame, are "failure" to the spiritual mind. One guy thinks it's "better" to hand the ++++ end of the stick to the other guy, the other thinks it's "better" not to. Are you following me here?

Morondog, bless his heart, was comfortable in his ignorance. Still, because he did not see through the semantics, he did not see that by not admitting he was less full of ++++ than the other guy, he was in fact practicing false humility which is dishonest and full of ++++. As I said, he was too proud to admit he was humble. I've tried to say that the honest man will see the Truth. Only the pure of heart will see God. I hope this all helps you see how I define all binary terms in their true meanings, as opposed to their false meanings all dependent upon which direction they are heading relative to the Truth.

So Morondog is now closer to Truth than the guy who thinks that he is not full of ++++ but others are full of ++++. Whether Morondog is too proud to admit that or not doesn't matter, it remains true. Moreover the guy who thinks he is not full of ++++ but others are, is heading away from Truth towards a deeper ignorance. Also this man, who says he is not full of ++++, is reasoning in hypocrisy because he thinks he is better than others. His conclusion is contradictory because he is actually now more full of ++++ than Morondog. Yet he is blind and does not see this. And the more he proceeds away from the Light of Truth the more blind he becomes for the greater is that darkness. This is a vanity in mankind. A blindness. Note the spirits dwelling in this blind man that exist upon this ignorance of vanity. He is proud. He is condescending. He is dishonest. His Love is diminished and the semantics have turned so that he loves himself over others, His faith is going the wrong way. He does not know what Love is, what humility is, what knowledge is. He is lost and blind in ignorance.

Meanwhile the man who heads towards Truth and out of ignorance is humble, honest and more altruistic in his love and regard for others. For the man who walks towards the Truth is only beginning to see how full of ++++ he was, which only increases his humility and honesty all the more. Why does this happen? Because the Truth is a Spirit which testifies to something Higher than ourselves. And any reasoning that is hypocritical heads into the ignorance of this Truth and a deeper blindness. You cannot enter in with falsehood. You therefore cannot enter in with pride. You cannot enter in with false humility. You cannot even venture forth towards this Truth without faith that it is there and it is good.

This has been a presentation of semantics. Only by acknowledging there is an absolute that defines the true meanings of terms can one not be lost and end up contradictory in reasoning. Faith that there is no such Truth is not faith, it is unbelief. love of self is not Love, it is selfishness. Saying it is true that there is nothing True is a contradiction, whereas saying it is True that there is a Truth is not. Agreeing to disagree is not agreeing. Right and wrong are simply directions away and towards that Truth that is Love. And finally True worship is drawn by the sincere appreciation and worthiness of the object of worship, not by kissing ass to a superstition. Now consider the semantics as I explained and how they occur and let me know if you understand this :

Matthew 13:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 This is why I speak to them in parables:
“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

John 9:39-41
New International Version (NIV)
39 Jesus said,[a] “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”
41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Matthew 6:22-23
New King James Version (NKJV)
22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to shine a light in a such a dark place is a difficult task. I admire your faith and courage. I'm ashamed to admit I gave up to easy.

If I understand those verses they have to do with the differences between innocence, ignorance, and knowledge? I suppose if those atheists are so filled with darkness they can't see the light?

Trying to shine a light in a such a dark place is a difficult task. I admire your faith and courage. I'm ashamed to admit I gave up to easy.

If I understand those verses they have to do with the differences between innocence, ignorance, and knowledge? I suppose if those atheists are so filled with darkness they can't see the light?
The verses I chose are only a few of many wherein the meanings are hidden in semantics. Truth is Light, darkness is bilndness or ignorance of Truth. Hence when Jesus says if your Truth is lies then how greatly you are deceived is what he means when he says, if your Light is darkness then how deep is that darkness. You mention innocence? I believe you are refering to the incident with the Pharisees who condemn others for sin, but do not even see their own. But I am not sure where you meant for the term to be applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
John 9:41 "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"
I think Jesus was sayin someone, especially a child, can be blind (ignorant) of sin, therefore not guilty of sin (innocent). And the pharisees definitly did not fall into that category.
"But now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains"
Jesus was saying since the pharisees even recognized the topic, that disqualafied them from being ignorant of sin, and that they were not innocent of sin as well.

John 9:41 "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin"
I think Jesus was sayin someone, especially a child, can be blind (ignorant) of sin, therefore not guilty of sin (innocent). And the pharisees definitly did not fall into that category.
"But now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains"
Jesus was saying since the pharisees even recognized the topic, that disqualafied them from being ignorant of sin, and that they were not innocent of sin as well.
Interesting take on that scripture. The way I see it, I think it is similar to when the Pharisees asked why do you eat and drink with sinners? And he answers, the sick need a doctor. The pharisees were self righteous, therefore they say ,"we see". Hence the Gospel makes the seeing blind and the blind seeing. The reason their guilt remains is because they condemn others.

Back