Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Tree of Life -- Step AWAY from the tree of life!

H

Hisgirl

Genesis 3: 22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live foreverâ€Â 23 therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

What was the Tree of Life in the garden...what did it offer Adam and Eve? And why did God take such care to guard it after the fall?

Hisgirl said:
Genesis 3: 22 Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live foreverâ€Â 23 therefore the LORD God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken. 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

What was the Tree of Life in the garden...what did it offer Adam and Eve? And why did God take such care to guard it after the fall?

Genesis 3:22 "And the Lord God said, "Behold, the man is become as one of Us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:-"
What was the Tree of Life in the garden.what did it offer Adam and Eve?..

This is the documentation that the "Tree of Life" is Jesus Christ. The price that had to be paid first was Jesus Christ's death on the cross, then after the shedding of His blood, all mankind can take freely of Him and have eternal life. Only by the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, and His living as a man, then His sacrifice on the cross could eternal life be offered to man.

Genesis 3:23 "Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken."

God's purpose for Adam, from the beginning was for Adam to till the ground [Genesis 2:5]. Because of Adam and Eves sin, God took them out of the paradise of Eden, and brought them to a place where he could not till the ground.

Genesis 3:24 "So He drove out the man; and He placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The "way" is the path that the Christ, the "Tree of Life", would come by. That path was through the womb of Eve, and her daughters down to Mary. It is the Cherubim's that would ultimately protect that way, with the "flaming sword" which is God's word, .

And why did God take such care to guard it after the fall?
It was from the influx of fallen angels, who came to earth to mix/marry with woman, and destroy all woman's seed. This is what reason the flood of Noah's time, as God said in Genesis 6:4-7.

Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I think it's safe to say that no one knows. And if some one does know, it's very few. Or if some one has ever known (besides Adam/Eve), it'd be some great prophet or maybe one of the apostles.

We can speculate. But I think it's too simple and too easy to just say "It's JESUS!!!".

Hisgirl said:

Can you imagine what a six thousand year old sinful Adam would look like? Frightning! :-D

An immortal sinner just wasn't part of God's plan to bring about the new creature, redeemed by His Son, Jesus Christ.

Asaph said:
Can you imagine what a six thousand year old sinful Adam would look like? Frightning! :-D

Well, the tree was sitting in the garden while Adam and Eve were frolicking around...I wonder why they didn't go up to it first instead. I mean for the serpent to be 'hissing/speaking' to Eve, she HAD to be right up near the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

I can just see her 'accidently' happening to stroll by the forbidden tree, to check it out, see why it's 'forbidden'. Interesting that this tree of life didn't catch her attention. I guess she figured she would get to that 'one day'...like so many folks say.

But why was it there in the first place?

Hisgirl said:
Asaph said:

Well, the tree was sitting in the garden while Adam and Eve were frolicking around...I wonder why they didn't go up to it first instead. I mean for the serpent to be 'hissing/speaking' to Eve, she HAD to be right up near the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

I can just see her 'accidently' happening to stroll by the forbidden tree, to check it out, see why it's 'forbidden'. Interesting that this tree of life didn't catch her attention. I guess she figured she would get to that 'one day'...like so many folks say.

But why was it there in the first place?

Who said they were not eating of the Tree of Life? If they weren't, why would God be so adamant about keeping them away from it after they sinned?

Well, if they HAD been eating from the Tree of Life, how is it that sin is more powerful than what the tree of life offered?

22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. Genesis 3:22-24

God did not want Adam and Eve and all their decendents to live forever in sin. The tree of life did not meet the payment for sin which is death, only Jesus' death on the cross, and his resurrection could atone for the sins of mankind.

Hisgirl said:
Well, if they HAD been eating from the Tree of Life, how is it that sin is more powerful than what the tree of life offered?

Adam was perfect of his own accord. The Tree of Life did not have anything to do with that.

The Tree of Life must have had to do with something else.

Back