Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Trinity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
To me, for some reason, it makes perfect sense. God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each of these are individuals; all three are God. Anything is possible with God. We can't apply human thinking on divine nature. It doesn't work. When we try, we get the conundrum Slider described, "Jesus is not the Father, The Father is not the Holy Ghost, and the Holy Ghost is not Jesus. They are separate, yet the three make up one God. But there aren't 3 Gods. But each of them is fully God...." To this scenario I say Yes! I understand it just fine. Can I explain it in human terms? No, but we're not talking about humanity with its limitations. We're talking about God.

This statement is so general it could conceal gnosticism, or paganism, or heathenism, or heresy... until you explain what you mean you are not saying anything.

I think you're trying to draw me into controversy, but anyway: the blessed truth of the Trinty, God in Three Persons, is indeed Scriptural.

I think you're trying to draw me into controversy, but anyway: the blessed truth of the Trinty, God in Three Persons, is indeed Scriptural.

Of course the Trinity is scriptural. That statement that the trinity is scriptural is made by Sabbellians, Arians, Novatians, Gnostics, Pagans... as I said; claiming belief in the trinity does not in itself say you believe in the Christian doctrine; the belief could put you into any of these philosophical camps. That is a reality. The Trinity discussion here is not to be confused with a Helen Steiner Rice discussion.

Of course the Trinity is scriptural. That statement that the trinity is scriptural is made by Sabbellians, Arians, Novatians, Gnostics, Pagans... as I said; claiming belief in the trinity does not in itself say you believe in the Christian doctrine; the belief could put you into any of these philosophical camps. That is a reality. The Trinity discussion here is not to be confused with a Helen Steiner Rice discussion.

Tri Unity:

Not sure what you mean by Helen Steiner Rice, either.

Each as God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit work together in the redemption of sinners, in a wonderful way. Following up the references to the Three Persons in John's Gospel, John's Epistles, etc. will bear this out.

Tri Unity:

Not sure what you mean by Helen Steiner Rice, either.

Each as God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit work together in the redemption of sinners, in a wonderful way. Following up the references to the Three Persons in John's Gospel, John's Epistles, etc. will bear this out.

It appears that you don't understand the trinity. You carefully avoid any comittment to the distinction or unity of the three persons other than to say that they "work together". Without any distinction or clarification you are concealing whether or not you are a modalist or gnostic.

It appears that you don't understand the trinity. You carefully avoid any comittment to the distinction or unity of the three persons other than to say that they "work together". Without any distinction or clarification you are concealing whether or not you are a modalist or gnostic.

Tri Unity: I must confess I'm a bit out of my depth with some of your terms, but I do by God's grace derive great blessing from my reading of the Bible's descriptions of Father, Son and Holy Spirit in their wondrous redeeming work, as the Lord Jesus went to the Cross, rose again and is now seated in glory.

Blessings.

Tri Unity: I must confess I'm a bit out of my depth with some of your terms, but I do by God's grace derive great blessing from my reading of the Bible's descriptions of Father, Son and Holy Spirit in their wondrous redeeming work, as the Lord Jesus went to the Cross, rose again and is now seated in glory.

Blessings.

That's ok. My original contention was/is that the trinity doctrine needs an overhaul to reflect the views similar to what you have presented. I have presented that the current model places most of us unwittingly into a trap of "heresy". The current model allows us to make statements about the father being greater than the son, or the father knowing more than the son, or the father being the head over the son, only if we prefix our statements with the emphasis of the economic trinity, and not the ontological trinity. The trinity has consequently become a doctrine that can be really only confessed by the "educated class". I don't believe this in consistent with the revelation as given in scripture. Jesus' message was sent to the byways and highways, not to the academic schools.

One definition I've heard - and consistent with Scripture - is that the Trinity means three in one, and one in three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back