Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Trouble with Sin

I am dealing with sins God has shown me in myself right now so I say this not as the person described but as the person, in Christ, He has called us all to be, we don't HAVE to sin anymore.

Jesus has taken away all the sins of the world:
John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold,the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

It's not us who is living, it is Him:
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We can not live after the flesh any longer:

Romans 8:13 for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

We can not see ourselves in the sinful nature any longer, but we are called to perfection:

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

God shows us our sins and as we repent He forgives us:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is<SUP> </SUP>faithful and just to forgive us our sins and<SUP> </SUP>to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

As we repent, our sins become fewer and fewer.

I am dealing with sins God has shown me in myself right now so I say this not as the person described but as the person, in Christ, He has called us all to be, we don't HAVE to sin anymore.

Jesus has taken away all the sins of the world:
John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold,the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

It's not us who is living, it is Him:
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

We can not live after the flesh any longer:

Romans 8:13 for if ye live after the flesh, ye must die; but if by the Spirit ye put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

We can not see ourselves in the sinful nature any longer, but we are called to perfection:

Matthew 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

God shows us our sins and as we repent He forgives us:
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is<SUP> </SUP>faithful and just to forgive us our sins and<SUP> </SUP>to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

As we repent, our sins become fewer and fewer.

And that is the truth!

The trouble with sin is that it makes us feel miserable inside when we sin. People who sin all the time don’t know what it means to feel good. People who have repented of sin, at some point in their lives, know how good it is to be free of sin and don’t want to lose that feeling. That is why Paul said this:

[17] But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,
[18] and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. Rom 6:17-18 RSV

FYI, the sin of the world was nailed to the cross of Calvary 2,000 years ago..

"For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." Heb. 9.26

Just a thought...

Blessings,
brian

FYI, the sin of the world was nailed to the cross of Calvary 2,000 years ago..

"For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." Heb. 9.26

Just a thought...

Blessings,
brian

Even so, the Lord disciplines us when we sin. It is for our own good.

Back