Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Two Witnesses Of Revelation 11:3

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I see the Whole Bible as the 'Holy Spirit Inspired' TESTIMONY of Jesus. It has two sides going back to His testimony (wittness) & then His testimony going forward. (from His Execution) Two! Also if 'i' recall that during the time of the French revolution there were bonfires of God's Word piled in the street & burned up. Zech. 4's 'two olive trees' has me pretty much concreted of that also, and check verse 10-14. Very GOOD verses!

--Elijah

Jesus stated that the return of Elijah had in fact happened with john the baptist, i suspect it will be ezekial, and John the revelator. Because of the sweet little book they were both given to eat. in any case the example of Elijahs return as John shows the two witnesses could be anyone.

Eze 2v7 And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
8 But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
9 And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a BOOK was therein;
10 And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

Rev 10v9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little BOOK. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little BOOK out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

yeah like i thought sackcloth isnt much good.

if that would seriously be a requirement to be one of those two, mentioned in sackcloth.

tell me should i take a lot of note, i be open.

then it's either ezria with paulus
or john with jesus
or me with god, as to what witness that mey lead then?

on top of my toes or just on top.

1 humanity can witness
2 god/all.. can witness
3 an individual can witness

i believe this goes for every single human being
still other catagories can come to mind like nature. but i think there enough choose in 3' .

(it always does me good to say so, just tolet u know i can get paranoid or so:study, also in positive way..)

i stand here now, yes: whatever number or sorts or whatever witness i find it more important that the sackcloth is exchanged into a celibration outfit or so.:nod

and greatness really can be high' in torture, it just aint right. you's human as much as me. and for the other 1' i'd say witness of him in ways as you know him as you do. and if i go sleep i am gonna think anyway this is red with any effect that may do. even if you dont read it. even if i find out it never red, coz i thought it. and the supervisor hopes nothing wrong gets through. at's wishes.

i got nothing left to say about it. actually the sackcloth got me turned out and delivered.:lol :)

and make/made me do all i can at's right.

ow wait i typed a post i lost in which i wanted to remind and in case you never hear before about john being the earthly witness like aaron. as jesus says; that's why you(the people then) take his word for real. however when i say i witness from "above"(father/mother) and "within" you dont believe me. the funny thing is though if the words in the bible are truth, that john witnessed of jesus.:screwloose:biggrin:shame2

hhhuh yeahi really havn t many or lots others to say about this all, hope i said some good:pray

lol
x

in the bible [if i remember?]
the 2 witnesses to the crucifixcion
were john and mary

many say elijah will 1 of the 2
but jesus said john os elijah
which leaves one other ... a wibess to god and the resurrection of life
[mary]

the 2 in revelation
must be murdered i n a city known for sodomy [spiritual sodom]
[pedophilia] which seems to be [perhaps] vatican city

i have wondered if there is a connection to the 2 children at fatima

read this excerpt about fatima;

In apparent defiance of the Blessed Mother's instructions, the Pope refused to reveal the contents of the prophecy saying, "This prophecy does not relate to my time." According to Kathleen A. Keating, however, author of The Final Warning: Your Survival Guide to the New Millennium, "John XXIII fainted when he read the third secret because it specifically states, according to eyewitnesses, that the Pope would betray the flock and turn his sheep over to the slaughter devised by Lucifer himself. John XXIII fainted because he thought he would be the Pope who would open the door to Satan and that he would be the long awaited antipope."

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 3 -[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And I will give [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]power[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Again, literal from the Greek. The word power is an added word and we have taken it out: “...And I will give the two witnesses of Me, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and sixty days...” We [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]see[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the Lord Jesus speaking to the Jews and saying you, “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]testify[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]([/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]witness[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif])[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of Me[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And you will not come to Me, that you might have life[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...” (Jn 5:39, 40) In this we see the Lord stating to them that they had in their possession the Old Testament which testified, gave witness, prophesied of Him, yet they would not listen to the testimony. As we know from history both the Old and the New Testament have been available from the fourth century A.D.: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Two Witnesses[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the Lord Jesus Christ. The greatest problem though is that they were written in Latin and only available to the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]shepherds[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the flock. These Two Witnesses were clothed in sackcloth, a dark colored garment, that is Latin. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 4 - [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]We find in Zachariah an angel speaking to the prophet, “...And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and said unto me, What see you? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]of [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] upon the top thereof: and [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]two olive trees[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] by it, one upon the right [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the bowl, and the other upon the left [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] thereof. So I answered and spoke to the angel that talked with me, saying, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] these, my lord? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Then[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Know you not what these be? And I said, No, my lord...” (Zec 4:1-5) “...Then answered I, and said unto him, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] these two olive trees upon the right [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the candlestick and upon the left [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] thereof? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And I answered again, and said unto him, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]be these [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]two olive branches[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] which through the[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] two golden pipes[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] empty the golden [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]oil[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] out of themselves? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And he answered me and said, Know you not what these [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]be[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]These [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the two anointed ones[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], that stand by the Lord of the whole earth...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]” (Zec 4:12-14) This is a prophecy of the Old and New Testaments, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]which are the Two Witnesses[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

There is much that needs to be said with regard to these matters, but it takes volumes to do so. For those who are interested SEE: http://en.wordpress.com/tag/bible-truths-and-prophecy/ In order to understand what is said you have to read all the posts, from the first to the last.
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to say that Moses and Elijah will be the two witnesses. Why? They were with Jesus at the Transfiguration. Just my thoughts...

Many have wondered about the two witnesses mentioned in Revelation 11:3 and the identity of these witnesses. Here is how Revelation introduces them:

Revelation 11:3 - And I will give my power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

These are the witnesses that will eventually be killed and lay dead on the street for three days viewed by all of the world (presumably by television). There will be celebrations because of their deaths. However, I have one theory as to who these two men will be. I believe that it will be Elijah and Enoch. These are the only two men in the history of the Bible to not die but rather be translated in the body into Heaven. There had to be some purpose for God calling them away by these means. I believe that purpose was for this later using. Here is scriptures to support their translation:

[Enoch] Genesis 5:24 - And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Hebrews 11:5 -By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found,
because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony,
that he pleased God.

[Elijah] 2 Kings 2:11 - And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there
appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder;
and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Thoughts?

I also believe these two prophets are Enoch and Elijah, for they have yet to die.

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 3 -[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] And I will give [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]power[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] threescore days, clothed in sackcloth[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Again, literal from the Greek. The word power is an added word and we have taken it out: “...And I will give the two witnesses of Me, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and sixty days...†We [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]see[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the Lord Jesus speaking to the Jews and saying you, “...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]testify[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]([/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]witness[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif])[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of Me[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif].[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And you will not come to Me, that you might have life[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]...†(Jn 5:39, 40) In this we see the Lord stating to them that they had in their possession the Old Testament which testified, gave witness, prophesied of Him, yet they would not listen to the testimony. As we know from history both the Old and the New Testament have been available from the fourth century A.D.: [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Two Witnesses[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the Lord Jesus Christ. The greatest problem though is that they were written in Latin and only available to the [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]shepherds[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the flock. These Two Witnesses were clothed in sackcloth, a dark colored garment, that is Latin. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Verse 4 - [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]We find in Zachariah an angel speaking to the prophet, “...And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]and said unto me, What see you? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]of [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] upon the top thereof: and [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]two olive trees[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] by it, one upon the right [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the bowl, and the other upon the left [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] thereof. So I answered and spoke to the angel that talked with me, saying, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] these, my lord? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Then[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Know you not what these be? And I said, No, my lord...†(Zec 4:1-5) “...Then answered I, and said unto him, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] these two olive trees upon the right [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] of the candlestick and upon the left [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]side[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] thereof? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And I answered again, and said unto him, What [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]be these [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]two olive branches[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] which through the[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] two golden pipes[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] empty the golden [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]oil[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] out of themselves? [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And he answered me and said, Know you not what these [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]be[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]These [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] the two anointed ones[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif], that stand by the Lord of the whole earth...[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]†(Zec 4:12-14) This is a prophecy of the Old and New Testaments, [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]which are the Two Witnesses[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

There is much that needs to be said with regard to these matters, but it takes volumes to do so. For those who are interested SEE: Bible Truths And Prophecy — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress In order to understand what is said you have to read all the posts, from the first to the last.
[/FONT]

To fill up, to some degree, with respect to "the two witnesses of Me." We have been led to believe that The Book of Revelation has something to do with a 7 year tribulation period. There is nothing, with reference to a time element, in Revelation that gives us any indication that this is so.

If we interpret the 42 months and the 1260 days literally they both equate to 3 1/2 years, no 7 years there.

We can try to make it be the last week of the 70 weeks of Daniel. But, if we truly understand the times involved there we will discover that something is wrong with the teachings concerning that also.

We hear mention of the time of "Jacobs Trouble" as being this 7 year period. However, if we understand the story of Jacob we discover that his trouble would be considered a 14 year period at least.

So, if we can't "establish" the teachings regarding these "two witnesses" off all the things that are presented, where do we go from here?

The Church !

The Two witnesses are represenative of the True church, and at the second coming of Christ at the last Trump it shall be caught up to meet the Lord and proceed forth for the Judgment ! Is that not whats pictured here ? rev 11:

12And the y[The Two witnesses] heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Re: The Church !

The Two witnesses are represenative of the True church, and at the second coming of Christ at the last Trump it shall be caught up to meet the Lord and proceed forth for the Judgment ! Is that not whats pictured here ? rev 11:

12And the y[The Two witnesses] heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.

15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This subject is so vast and cannot, in few words, be addressed. Without understanding that the Book of Revelation is a symbolic prophetic book and that, for the most part, is a continual revealing of things concerning Our Lord (Jesus) and His christ (His body) it is impossible to explain. THE DECEPTION THAT HAS BEEN FOSTERED UPON THE SAINTS IS HUGE!

SEE: Bible Truths And Prophecy — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress You have to read ALL the posts from the first to the last in order to understand what is said. If you jump around from here to there it will indeed be confusion. :study Yours in Christ Jesus.

sdk:

Thats only your opinion.. I just addressed it..

If that were the case, as you have presented it, there would be no further need of the rest of The Book of Revelation. For, it seems that the final judgment has come in accordance with verse 18.

Opinions is what has gotten the seventh manifestation of the Church, which the Lord calls Laodicea[FONT=Georgia, serif] (Laodicea means, opinion, judgment of the people or of the laymen[/FONT],) into its position of thinking it is rich and increased with goods and yet is need of ALL things. This Church has thrown the Real Jesus out.
(Ref: Rev 3:14-22)

What we need is revelatory knowledge such as Peter had, not so much of "who do men say I am." In short men had great difficulty understanding the Truth, for they were using their own reasoning, as they had not personally sought God with respect to who Jesus was. They had opinions!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back