Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] The Ultimate Secret Of Life - Why Are We Here? Part 1

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Of the nearly two million—yes, that’s two followed by six zeroes—known species that currently exist on our planet, only one—and you are right again—one and only one has the capacity for intellectual intelligence. Why is this so?

It might even be reasonably concluded that with our extensive forays into archeology, if there had been any other emergence of intellectual intelligence before the rise of humans, we might have purposely or inadvertently uncovered it.

Science has also determined that vast numbers of species have already gone extinct. In addition, a number of scientists have guesstimated—whether we care to believe them or not—that the vast majority of species are yet to be discovered, depending on what study you choose to believe. If this holds true, the total number of species which would have inhabited the planet will rise to well over the two to five million estimate. And yet only one; one only has ever had a brain big enough for intellectual capacity.

Does knowing this makes it an even bigger ‘Why’ that we should all be asking ourselves? That there are reasonable grounds for suspicion; possibly being that this may have been deliberately done?

Would it be fair also to infer from other evidences that all other species; apart from an innate instinct to preserve their own lives and the lives of their offspring—and thus the continuum of their own kind—are living an inconsequential existence, with no other concerns or worry beyond death?

Is it unreasonable to derive from all this that all other species may have been placed here to facilitate this uniquely intellectual life-form in some way? You know; we often hear that the earth is one giant eco-system—that it’s all about balance.

With these lingering questions in mind, have you ever wondered why almost all cultures, no matter how far apart or isolated they may have been, seems always to believe in some form of a God or spiritualism. Why this common behavior amongst us, which seems not to have always been copied from any early, common, ancestral lineage?

Which then takes us back to our theme question, why are we here? And then hopefully, not only to the answer for this question, but eventually the answer to our next big question; what is the ultimate secret of life?

Having examined much of the evidence, and over time we will get into much more of the details, we believe there was a conscious seeding of our planet with a brainy life-form in the persona of humans, by a far greater intelligence. We believe also that there was a purposeful reason for doing this, and that therein lies the ultimate cause for our existence—for life.

If this has brought some level of food-for-thought to our reasoning, it may be wise to ask ourselves these questions:
  • Billions of species upon the planet, yet only one with intellectual intelligence?
  • All cultures believing in Gods or some form of it?
  • Great religions existing for milleniums -- almost from the beginning of these cultures?
  • This one is especially thought-provoking -- there are mind boggling paranormal phenomena with no clear scientific explanations?
  • No other detectable life -- as we know it -- in the observable universe?
  • Humans sudden arrival on the planet?
Considering that much more could be added, what are we therefore left to believe? Where are the answers to all of the above?

Let us share what could be reasonable, and worthy of your serious consideration, explanations to them.

If we could agree with our scientists that the Earth—the third planet from the sun—has existed for over four and a half billion years, then there is evidence to suggest that suddenly an intellectual being was walking upon it—especially when looked at from a billions of years point of view. All of a sudden, arguably some fifty to one hundred thousand years ago, humans arrived and got busy propagating the planet—the great migrations had started.

First interjection:
The great Sherlock Holmes once said, “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.â€

Second interjection:
It is impossible to derive something from absolutely nothing—impossible! For this reason, if there is scientific evidence suggesting a big-bang, it may be prudent to examine not just the science of a big-bang, but whom or what might have caused it.

Many scientists are now openly admitting that the idea of a big-bang simply occurring from nothing is untenable. Whereas the idea of deriving matter from pure energy is becoming more widely accepted as the causative factor behind the big-bang—where energy was the sole ingredient. But wait; isn’t this what the Bible has been telling us all along? String Theory and other ongoing sub-atomic research in this field of science are fascinating and exciting.

Ultimately, we believe the resultant discoveries by science will provide proofs and not spoofs, to the fundamental existence of a Creator. Since we can’t derive something from nothing, and matter is present, then at least one thing must have always been here, and shall always be.

So back to the big question. Why are we here?

There is a notably growing evidence to suggest a causative design intelligence behind our existence. In future articles, we will be baring the evidence to this. Therefore, if we are here because we were designed and then created, then it must also hold true that there should be a reason to it.

Consequently, are we missing out on the greatest opportunity there could ever be? A chance to tap into the very source of the energy that created the universe, in the first place; the very source that is at the core of our existence?

Science has never been able to disprove the Bible. In fact, the converse may be true, that it is providing supportive evidence to many of the things the Bible has long purported. We shall examine many of these in the near future.

This we can add to the gathering body of evidence:
  • We are far too complex, especially our brains, to have arrived here simply by coincidence.
  • Someone, or something, seemed to have designed us.
  • The science or technology which created the observable universe, and its sole intelligent inhabitant, is far beyond our present day ability to comprehend.
  • At the core of every single composition of matter, it would appear there is raw energy -- that we are purely energy.
  • There can be no beginning. If it is impossible to get something out of nothing, then at least one thing must have always been here -- no matter how improbable it seems.
God's words therefore must be true; “I am; I was; and forevermore shall be.â€

Since there can be no logical beginning, it means consequently that the very nature of ‘existence’ is beyond the thoughts and realms of our universe.

Let us pause to think on these things. We would like to invite you back here next week for the conclusion to: The Ultimate Secret of Life—Why Are We Here?

-The Gift of God is Eternal Life -​

Let us pause to think on these things. We would like to invite you back here next week for the conclusion to: The Ultimate Secret of Life—Why Are We Here?

Let me guess. We can buy books or tapes from you, right? Since this is a board run by Christians for Christians, and frequented mostly by Christians, wouldn't the fishing be better elsewhere?

Why else would you be here?

Question. 1. What is the chief end of man?

Answer. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever.

Question was answered a few hundred years ago my friend, sorry...

What? Me and Barbarian agreeing? Evolution must be proceeding faster than we ever thought!

But I gotta admit, that is a well-written piece of work!

I graduated college with a degree in Biology in 1976, and at the time I thought I knew everything. In fact, at the time, I was so arrogant as to proclaim myself as an agnostic. (Now, at 61, with every year that goes by it seems like I know less and less.) I held that view until I accepted Christ in 1983, and now what I believe by faith has replaced what I once thought I knew by education. I firmly believe that man was created by God to have a relationship with Him, and there is an inbuilt need for each man to know his Creator. I don't think that is a secret, by the way... ;)

In my view now, science can often (but not always) answer HOW things happen, but the Bible and one's relationship with God addresses the WHY. "How" questions are interesting, but "why" is critical: if you focus only on how, and not why, then you miss the point entirely! In fact, without why, how doesn't matter...as my dad says (he is 91 now, and in better shape than I am) "A hundred years from now, it won't matter." The HOW certainly won't, but the WHY will matter eternally.

I graduated college with a degree in Biology in 1976, and at the time I thought I knew everything. In fact, at the time, I was so arrogant as to proclaim myself as an agnostic. (Now, at 61, with every year that goes by it seems like I know less and less.) I held that view until I accepted Christ in 1983, and now what I believe by faith has replaced what I once thought I knew by education. I firmly believe that man was created by God to have a relationship with Him, and there is an inbuilt need for each man to know his Creator. I don't think that is a secret, by the way... ;)

In my view now, science can often (but not always) answer HOW things happen, but the Bible and one's relationship with God addresses the WHY. "How" questions are interesting, but "why" is critical: if you focus only on how, and not why, then you miss the point entirely! In fact, without why, how doesn't matter...as my dad says (he is 91 now, and in better shape than I am) "A hundred years from now, it won't matter." The HOW certainly won't, but the WHY will matter eternally.

Clearly, the purpose of life is survival.
It an instinct.

You dad sounds like a person I'd like to meet. I'm about your age and would like to welcome you (belatedly) to the forum.

I graduated college with a degree in Biology in 1976, and at the time I thought I knew everything.

"A hundred years from now, it won't matter." The HOW certainly won't, but the WHY will matter eternally.

WOW.
100 years olde...

When I was a kid my grandfather and I were at the kitchen table when I asked him the year he had been born.

He said 1899.

Wow, I said, you must have had the most exciting life ever.
From 1899 on everyday brought a new an amazing discovery and product into your daily life.
I started to enumerate things like the car, the TV, the microwave, etc.

I said what did you think about all that was happening through those years?
He answered me by saying, "I didn't really notice that much."

I thought about that as he started adding a long list of stuff I never mentioned, like radio, the telephone, airplanes, etc.

As he apparently for the first time looked back as recounted all the amazing events he had lived through with hardly noting the almost magic at the time, I thought, gee, that is so true.
We live and die and hardly have even noticed life ourselves.

We are tied up with work and obligations and duties and mandatory duties and commitments, and whatever.
How and why we are here is no a question then.
It seems we are like the 600 marching into a do or die wall of flack without protest or even enthusiastic compliance.

We know what we do, nor the how or why of even have a life for so short a time as a century.

So back to the big question. Why are we here?

I haven't read all the rest but this question does have an answer.

(Genesis 1:26) Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Man was created to rule over His creation on earth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back